Pulling the triger on a GTX760

Arnge

Limp Gawd
So I have a fried GTX470 from evga and I am buying a new card .

I will get a GTX760 , but I need help to pick between 2 cards.

the Asus with its Cu II cooling , and a brand named Galaxy .

they both look the same but the galaxy is about 30$ less in cash .

so does Asus worth the extra $$ or should I stick with the Galaxy model ?

fast answer is appreciated as I will be buying tom.

the Asus is Direct CU II OC

and the galaxy is a dual fan OC version.

Last edited:
It would of course be better if you linked the two cards you mentioned...

It is however my opinion that they are both reputable brands and that you won't be seeing a $40 performance difference. I do regard ASUS as higher quality, but I personally would go with the Gigabyte.

the comparison is Between Asus and Galaxy dude.

and you didn't specify if the higher quality does make up for the 30$ diff. in price ?

the comparison is Between Asus and Galaxy dude.

and you didn't specify if the higher quality does make up for the 30$ diff. in price ?

In the 760 Series I personally like MSI branded stuff.

Since you did not provide links or model numbers we can't tell you why one is more than the other.

Typically you are paying more for a factory overclock or different cooler design.

I like this card MSI GTX 760 2GB $250 after MIR is not bad.

guys these are the only 2 brans avil.

the Asus is Direct CU II OC

and the galaxy is a dual fan OC version.

Why would you buy a card 4 days before they release a new series?

Why would you buy a card 4 days before they release a new series?

Nvidia is not releasing a new series in 2013? Maxwell is Q1 2014 at the soonest.

If OP was smart, he would wait for the inevitable price drop due to the R7/R9 release before buying a new card. I heard something about the 15th on here.

I'm willing to bet the 7XX series will see a $50-$100 drop all around.

Brand names aside, I think the Asus has the better cooler and general quality (performance will be the same). I think the Galaxy is a cheesy plastic frame. So quality of build I would give to Asus.

Nvidia will ???

Na, I'm talking about the 2xx release from AMD. I heard next tuesday they will be available on newegg. Don't quote me on that just what I heard. It should drop prices for nvidia cards as well as amd current gen.
It's just not logical to buy new cards with a release so soon, your throwing money down the drain for no reason unless you absolutely had to have a card.

Last edited:
Nvidia is not releasing a new series in 2013? Maxwell is Q1 2014 at the soonest.

If OP was smart, he would wait for the inevitable price drop due to the R7/R9 release before buying a new card. I heard something about the 15th on here.

I'm willing to bet the 7XX series will see a $50-$100 drop all around.

I doubt there will be a price drop for nvidia if there is it will not be the gtx 760 maybe the 770 will drop $25-$40 but if you think the 760 is going to be a $150-$200 card because of ati your mistaken

I doubt there will be a price drop for nvidia if there is it will not be the gtx 760 maybe the 770 will drop $25-$40 but if you think the 760 is going to be a $150-$200 card because of ati your mistaken

None of us know what it will do to current pricing, why not just wait 4 days and see then make a decision?

None of us know what it will do to current pricing, why not just wait 4 days and see then make a decision?

dude its just not going to happen.ati pricing is pretty much staying the same with rebranded cards nothing is really changing here.Nvidia cards are always higher priced they will not drop the price of the gtx 760 period

dude its just not going to happen.ati pricing is pretty much staying the same with rebranded cards nothing is really changing here.Nvidia cards are always higher priced they will not drop the price of the gtx 760 period

You could be right there Banenwn, it just seems illogical being the release is so soon. Shit maybe one of the 2xx cards would be better for him. My point is nothing is certain and it's only a few days wait.

Definitely a good point.

I just find it hard to believe that Nvidia will not have any sort of response when the 280X is $100 less than a 770 and provides almost the exact same experience.

Still, it's worth waiting 4-5 days.

Definitely a good point.

I just find it hard to believe that Nvidia will not have any sort of response when the 280X is $100 less than a 770 and provides almost the exact same experience.

Still, it's worth waiting 4-5 days.

That's all I was trying to say.

Let me tell you......

I purchased two Galaxy GTX 780s when the card was first released.
I registered the cards for warranty purposes on their website.

I received a personal email from their tech support thanking me for my business and they gave me their support and tech contacts.

Two weeks later I received another personal follow-up email.

I've owned a ton of GPUs, from all the usual vendors, both NVidia and AMD, and I have never seen the level of personalized contact I've had from Galaxy......that and Galaxy has a rep here on the forums.

The cards I have now have not given me one ounce of problem. I watercooled them, which was fine with Galaxy's warranty.....I emailed them to ask before I did it. Prompt and courteous reply in less than 1 day.

I would not hesitate to order the Galaxy card, period.

i bought a EVGA 760 SC ACX 2GB model back in august, i regret not waiting for the R9 280x for 40 dollars more. although im still happy with the 760 it offers good performance for the price, with such a short wait for the R9/R7 series cards i would hold off and grab one of them instead.

not interested in ATI now

Are you reading the posts? No one is telling you to get a ATI card, we are just suggesting you wait until they release and then make a decision. Although it would be foolish not to consider them.

Are you reading the posts? No one is telling you to get a ATI card, we are just suggesting you wait until they release and then make a decision. Although it would be foolish not to consider them.

Nothing is going to change with nvidia pricing just because ati decided to re brand. If any repricing happens it will be on the high end models.

With that said I have owned both galaxy and Asus video cards and I would go with the galaxy. Easier warranty, better customer service, and great hardware.

Back