Public Service: Vista

Phoenix86

Supreme [H]ardness
First, off it's *beta*. If you aren't familiar with what this means, do not download it.

Seconds off, it's *beta*. If you think that means you can run it as your primary OS, do not download it.

Third off, it's *beta*. I strongly recommend you don't even let it touch the HDD your primary OS is on. Sure dual boot sounds nice, until something breaks because it's... wait for it...

It's *beta*.

Really folks. Judging by the number of threads based on the number of hours it's been available I don't think everyone here gets that it's *beta*. This is going to be a long summer of problems. :)

Nothing wrong with loading beta software, or even a beta OS, but you should take precautions.

I strongly recommend you install Vista on an old HDD for testing purposes. Heck, in general, I'd say don't use your main rig at all unless you have a specific reason. Also, with any new OS install I strongly recommend you completely format the system, again unless you have a specific reason to test dual boot.

Take care, and good luck with Vista folks!

Backups, lots of backups. Of course, I recommend that even if you aren't running a Beta OS. :)

That's why I keep some spare computers around...not just for parts, but for testing.

djnes said:
That's why I keep some spare computers around...not just for parts, but for testing.
Yeah this is what I am going to be doing sometime in the future.

Back