Public Folders Available in OWA Not Outlook

calvinj

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm in the process of moving to a newer exchange 2007 server. I've got the public folders replicated from the old server to the new server, but for whatever reason the users that I've already moved their mailbox to the new server can not see the public folders. I can see them in OWA and they are correct, but Can't see them from Outlook.

Anybody have any ideas how to fix this?

have the user change to "Folder list" view? :p

what version of Outlook?

I know if you're using the "Mail" view, it won't show the Public Folders, and you have to switch to "Folder list" view to see the Public Folders folder.

Ya I know.. I'm in Folder View and it just gives me errors saying that the public folders are offline check back in 30.

Most of us are using 2007 but it's happening on 2003 as well

Check on your new exchange and old exchange box that the default public folders are the one on the 2007 server instead of the 2003 server, sometimes the referrals can get screwy and cause issues. I know I has the same thing migrating to 2010

That did the trick.. Pointed both servers to my new exchange server and all is well. Now just need to import some stuff that blew up in the sync process

Back