PUBG is Coming to the PS4

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
On the Playstation blog, Sony announced that Playerunknown's Battlegrounds is coming to the Playstation 4 on December 7. Preorders of the Playstation 4 versions of the game come with a Nathan Drake Skin and Ellie's Backpack from The Last of Us, and prices seem to be the same as other platforms. However, the official announcement didn't mention anything about cross platform play. Epic Games recently strong-armed Sony into backing down from their strict no-crossplay policy, and seeing how Fortnite is easily PubG's biggest competitor, it'll be interesting to see if the devs eventually squeeze it in.

Check out the promotional launch video here.

One of most memorable moments while developing PS4 PUBG was the first time we had 100 people join a test match. Before the test, the dev team’s mission was to deliver the finished product this year – it was a big challenge and it felt almost impossible. But as soon as we had 100 people drop in for the test, our confidence started to build and and we pushed ourselves harder to make everything happen. We are proud of the game we have created and can’t wait to get it into your hands!"

Instead of bringing new features and new platforms, how about they fix the current issues?

With the PC version, the sync issues can be a bitch. Hackers are still a problem, but it's not horrible. Still love the game, but the alternatives (CoD Blackout) are much more polished and are taking away from PUBG.

I see Player Unknown is still shooting himself in the foot instead of polishing his turd of an experience to compete with the better alternatives that came after he was first.

As we now have blackout and soon Battlefield BR, is this still even relevant?

As we now have blackout and soon Battlefield BR, is this still even relevant?
Because a fair number of people are too invested in it to move to a new game and start over so they will ride it out? I don't see how this is a good move for a game like this with an established player-base unless Sony is suddenly easing up on their cross platform multi player stance and this will allow players on PS4 to also play with people on other systems. I mean if they haven't I can't see this title picking up enough new accounts to justify this move, it just seems silly. I don't even play PUBG but the people I do know who do have a very specific list of complaints about it that have been unaddressed for at least a year at this point and they are eagerly looking forward to picking up some new titles come December when they will have time off from work to actually play them.

They should just start work on pubg 2 instead of milking this broken game. With Blackout and soon BF V firestorm, there's no reason to look at pubg.

unless Sony is suddenly easing up on their cross platform multi player stance and this will allow players on PS4 to also play with people on other systems.

Depends on the game and host. FFXIV on PS4 is cross-platform with PC players, but that's an MMO, and it's understandable why people wouldn't want a competitive shooter to have PC and console players on the same server.

I tried running PUBG the other day. Saw a prompt for something called battlewatcher, decided against and that was it. I am done with this game.

Back