PubG Corporation Patches Vulnerabilities and Arrests Hackers

AlphaAtlas

[H]ard|Gawd
Staff member
While Fortnite is the current king of the hill in the PC gaming world, and Apex Legends is one of the hottest new releases, PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds is still immensely popular. The game still regularly has hundreds of thousands of concurrent players on Steam alone, and according to a recent post, PubG Corporation is addressing one of the most common criticisms of the game. The Steam post details just how cheat programs tend to infiltrate the game, and outlines what the company intends to do about it. On top of using BattlEye and Uncheater simultaneously, they say they've "applied a machine learning technique that analyzes our players' usage patterns and have built a system that can detect abnormal game patterns or actions that interrupt the normal operations of the game coming from hack users." In addition, PubG is attempting to address vulnerabilities in Steam itself, and in cooperation with local authorities, they've made at least 252 arrests in China and Korea in 2018 alone. While I doubt PubG Corporation will ever catch everyone, it really does seem like they're moving heaven and Earth in their attempt to fight cheaters.

We currently have over 100 people monitoring the places that sell these hacks (websites, messengers, discord etc.) all over the world 24/7. Various communities that exchange information on hack programs are also being monitored closely so any elements that threaten PUBG's security can be detected and dealt with as quickly as possible. The end goal is to ramp up preemptive action so these hackers are no longer active within the game. We also recently added a system message that sends real-time alerts to players in a game if someone from the same session is banned. Whenever an abnormal gameplay pattern is detected in real-time or a user is proven to be a hacker mid game, that account will be banned as the game is still going on and announced to all other players in the kill feed.

Love the game but cheaters are still all over the place. I report people all the time and get daily pop ups letting me know they have been perma banned.

Of course they are focusing on this now, there is strong competition for them who already have some solid anti cheat measures in place with games that are proving at least more difficult to exploit, PubG is seeing their numbers ever so steadily decrease and almost everybody that stomps out the door is saying they left because of the rampant cheating. They are leaving now because they have somewhere to go.

Haven't touched PubG since Apex Legends dropped. Mostly because my peeps switched over.

I do prefer the realism of PubG, but the pacing in Apex Legends is much better. Never really had much of a problem with cheating, nothing that couldn't be explained anyway.

you let your kid play a few games then you get on and get called a cheater because your pattern didnt match

They could quash 90% of the problem by just isolating China into its own region unable to play with the outside world.

The Chinese government would like that too, great firewall and all.

They could quash 90% of the problem by just isolating China into its own region unable to play with the outside world.

There are a lot of games that would be helped by region locking. Someone dedicated could get around it with VPN (at expense of ping...) but I bet it would deter the majority of hacking.

Why are so many Asian cultures not called out on their open acceptance of 'if you can get away with it then it is ok" morality that is so pervasive in their society?

Reactions: N4CR
like this
you know, maybe im being hardheaded about cheating in games. maybe its not about the game . but about who has the best cheats ...

and the banned accounts are like 'lives' when you run out of accounts you just buy more .. get better cheats rinse repeat and or move on ...

this must be the new way to play games today, the traditional non cheating method is just old and sad any more .... Must Cheat Harder.

Just starting spamming 1989 Tiananmen square and Winnie the pooh, that'll get the firewall in motion ;)
That and a few other things are highly effective in other venues.

Have you heard of PUBG Lite? It's only available in South East Asia region (not a Chinese majority area). The first ban caught approx 32k players in a week. The second ban caught approx 10k. FYI, this game is still in beta and barely 1 month old, and there are already so much cheaters. Approx 10k cheaters per week does sound stupidly high on such a small demographic area (highest population is Indonesia). To make things worst, it carries the bugs from the original PUBG (PC/Steam).

https://lite.pubg.com/en/

I played the game everyday and yes, I see cheaters everyday. The PUBG libido is dying.

Last edited:
It would've been funny if they had arrested me instead of permbanning my acc ... for modifying mouse sensitivites through .ini ^^

Back