PUBG Blueholes See the Light

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
The PUBG guys have seen the light, and probably the costs associated with both actual real dollars and the bad press that it has garnered from suing the Fortnite creators. Bloomberg is telling us that the lawsuit is no more. Good, now the devs get back to making their games even better.

The studio behind PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has dropped its lawsuit against the creators of global sensation Fortnite, ending a legal battle between two of the world’s hottest games.

PUBG Corp. sent a letter of withdrawal to Epic Games Inc.’s attorneys on Monday and the South Korean case has since closed, according to the website of the local court system. PUBG and its law firm confirmed the action but wouldn’t say why, nor whether a settlement had been reached. Representatives for Epic in Korea had no immediate comment.

yea that is a stupid lawsuit and a way to alienate your gamers like amd vs nvidia vs kyle.

yea that is a stupid lawsuit and a way to alienate your gamers like amd vs nvidia vs kyle.
Protecting your name and trying to stop someone from using it without having the rights to do so, to promote their product, which is direct competition with your peoduct is stupid? I suspect, by your comment, you never actually read into the actuall law suit, and took those that mispoke that the law suit was about game design and such. Which is was not.

worth watching the above video before you say this is "good"

epic treating its licensee's poorly (again) isn't a "good" thing... anyone remember Too Human?

I don't play either game btw.

worth watching the above video before you say this is "good"

epic treating its licensee's poorly (again) isn't a "good" thing... anyone remember Too Human?

I don't play either game btw.

I'd be more sympathetic if there was more to pubg that was developed in-house. I'm not saying the lawsuit should never have been heard, but the idea that the pubg team had their super-secret battle royal sauce stolen by Epic sounds like not only would it be very difficult to prove, but it has more than a little stench of bullshit as well.

I'd be more sympathetic if there was more to pubg that was developed in-house. I'm not saying the lawsuit should never have been heard, but the idea that the pubg team had their super-secret battle royal sauce stolen by Epic sounds like not only would it be very difficult to prove, but it has more than a little stench of bullshit as well.

did you watch the video? they weren't trying to say they "owned" Battle Royale...

the ending is pretty funny too though (tencent owning 40% of epic)

did you watch the video? they weren't trying to say they "owned" Battle Royale...

the ending is pretty funny too though (tencent owning 40% of epic)

Did you read my comment? Pubg was determined that they supplied sooper sekrit thinkins to Epic that Epic used to clone their incredible new technology. There is no evidence of that that any of us in the public will ever see, there really isn't much evidence of anything new in pubg whatsoever. To get this mess through the courts you would need to find specific, actionable assets that Epic codeveloped with the Pubg, assets were protected by their agreement. The only thing left is suing over combinations of assets, and there really doesn't appear to be enough common characteristics between Pubg and Fortnite to call Fortnite a ripoff.

The lawyers won again.

As for the entanglements between Epic and Tencent? That's how capitalism stifles innovation.

Lindsay Lohan's lawyers reached out to PUBG and told them to "just drop this shit".

He also said they knew virtually nothing about what the lawsuit was actually based on. Regardless, I guess South Koreans are free to play whatever BR game they want for the foreseeable future.

Seems like the should have pushed for discovery and continued through based on the video. They really needed more positive press based on the video vs what was mostly reported.

Back