PUBG Anti-Cheat Update Coming Next Week

rgMekanic

[H]ard|News
The Head of Service Management & Anti-Cheat at Playerunknown's Battlegrounds have announced they they have developed a new anti-cheat solution and will be deploying an early version of it on the servers next week. The solution was developed in house, and has been being tested on their test servers. The main focus of the new system is blocking unauthorized programs that hook into the game and transform game files. In addition, PUBG is upgrading the in-game report function, so it will allow them to investigate reported content faster and more accurately; File modification checking, any modification or deletion of game files may result in a ban; and they are cracking down on account sharing, no longer allowing family sharing on steam.

Sounds good to me. I have not played many rounds in PUBG, but I will say in the few I have, several ended suspiciously. THe primary foxus of this anti-cheat makes me worry for people that use things like RTSS, Afterburner, and the like for FPS reporting, we don't want another unjust ban wave happening. The comments section on the announcement implies that players have another idea to quell cheating.

The internally developed anti-cheat solution is planned to be upgraded steadily after the first implementation next week. As mentioned earlier, the eradication of cheat programs will not end with a few attempts and actions. In addition to the systems currently in development and already implemented, we are looking into a more effective system, and we will actively introduce any solutions that were confirmed to be reliable and accurate. We will continue taking firm measures against the developers, distributors and users of cheats. We promise you that we will do our best every day in our battle for a fair game environment.

Woah woah, how is family sharing thrown into this? This is like those laws where they slip in something into a mostly desirable bill. So if I had a family member who likes to play they'll ban me?

Woah woah, how is family sharing thrown into this? This is like those laws where they slip in something into a mostly desirable bill. So if I had a family member who likes to play they'll ban me?

Doubt it.. my guess is the biggest excuse they hear from idiots being banned is "my brother was playing on my account". Now the excuse can't be used. Most online games have this rule in their eula.

I wouldn't be surprised if this leads to thousands of innocent accounts being banned due to having other programs running in the background that will ping the cheat protocols (unfortunately the real cheaters also end up making the same claims which ends up hurting innocent idiots even more). Remember we're not talking about Epic's make a hundred accounts for free Fort Night. For a LOT of kids this could have been one of their Christmas presents. As a parent I wouldn't buy my kid another legitimate copy of a game if they got banned for cheating or any other reason. Wave of riotous 'I DID NOTHING WRONG' incoming. . .

They really did need to get serious about cheaters, since some of them started showing up in official tournaments.

They really did need to get serious about cheaters, since some of them started showing up in official tournaments.
Pfft yea right watched a tourny where 2 players were TEAMING since the start and broadcaster seen it and they did nothing. Up til now As much as they claim they been banning cheaters, Every time i play with a friend we will play 6-7 games we will run in to someone using hacks in least 4 of them. Usually its recoil hack or observer hack that lets them see where EVERYONE is on the map. The day they anounced the xbox version is day they stopping doing a thing in which it was when hackers started to be come more and more common in matches.

Too late for me. I played about 300 hours until the cheaters and bugs just plain ruined it for me. The problem with cheating in PUBG is it ruins like 30 minutes of play time and you have no way to avoid that player. Whereas in other FPS games cheaters are pretty obvious and you can just drop the server and avoid the issue.

Well actually my main complaint is the absolute hot mess the netcode is.

Too late for me. I played about 300 hours until the cheaters and bugs just plain ruined it for me. The problem with cheating in PUBG is it ruins like 30 minutes of play time and you have no way to avoid that player. Whereas in other FPS games cheaters are pretty obvious and you can just drop the server and avoid the issue.

Well actually my main complaint is the absolute hot mess the netcode is.
That is terrible as well give how Chinese players have a good 750ms-1sec desync to kill you cause how bad the updates in code are and their lag.

For people wanting to learn how bad it is here is a video that does pretty good job comparing pubg vs fortnite vs h1z1. Fortnite is miles ahead in terms of how their netcode works vs pubg and both use same engine.

Thank god, this game is such a damn bother with cheaters. I don't care if people use the after market shit they should be banned too, play the game the way it was designed NO add-ons any modifications. If you modify you are modifying for an unfair advantage.

Back