PSU suggestions

I have a 2080ti Kingpin on the way. My current PC will be it's new home. Currently I have a Corsair HX1000. Yes it will work but with everything getting shuffled around. I plan to move it to the in process folding rig. It will be in a rig running 3 WC gpu's. So that leads me to the question. I want to have a 1000+ watt psu to power the Kingpin. Looking at them on Newegg and Best Buy. Price being the same for a Corsair HX 1200 and a Super Flower 1200 gives me questions on not only which is better but is there a 1200+ watt psu I am overlooking at the same price point? BTW both are $239.

I have a 2080ti Kingpin on the way. My current PC will be it's new home. Currently I have a Corsair HX1000. Yes it will work but with everything getting shuffled around. I plan to move it to the in process folding rig. It will be in a rig running 3 WC gpu's. So that leads me to the question. I want to have a 1000+ watt psu to power the Kingpin. Looking at them on Newegg and Best Buy. Price being the same for a Corsair HX 1200 and a Super Flower 1200 gives me questions on not only which is better but is there a 1200+ watt psu I am overlooking at the same price point? BTW both are $239.
Way overkill. A 750W would easily be fine for just that card. Most corsairs are made by seasonic so you can consider buying a straight SS unit or an asus unit. Super flower are supposed to be a quality manufacturer as well.

From everything have read online is if you do any over clocking you will need at least a 1000 watt psu. I wa t to have some extra headroom.

Depends on what else you have. If you're going for the ~500W for benchmarks you still got ~250W. A 1K should easily do it.

From everything have read online is if you do any over clocking you will need at least a 1000 watt psu. I wa t to have some extra headroom.
You will win new experiences, by getting for you, one 15$ Energy meter, Plug-in to wall plug.
They are not extremely accurate at measuring Low Watt (below 5W), but you will be surprised of how lesser energy a modern PC needs even at full load.
Do not buy anything if you do not start making your own electrical measurements.

Niner21

Limp Gawd
Just picked up a Corsair RM1000x. I have a Seasonic GX-1000W as well and no issues with either. I picked up the Corsair mostly because of their 10 year warranty.