PSU for OC'd i5, 2x SSD, 1 HD and optical and 2x EVGA 570s

diableri

Gawd
Hi guys,

Trying to put the finishing touches on my new gaming PC and I'm looking for a new PSU for the subject listed system that is NOT a corsair unit. I am not hear to bash Corsair, I'd just rather use a different company.

So I need a PSU for OC'd i5, 2x SSD, 1 HD and optical and 2x GTX 570s. I had planned on an AX850. What's another unit that would be equivalent in performance and reliability?

The case is also still up in the air along with the PSU. Currently thinking about the Silverstone RV02.

Budget is up to $250.

Corsair AX series is just a rebadged seasonic x series power supply. If you liked the idea of the AX850 you should still like the unit that is the seasonic x850 and it's not giving business to corsair.

...I'm looking for a new PSU for the subject listed system that is NOT a corsair unit.
Brilliant ;)

Lepa G900 best buy @ 130$ after MIR, rebranded Enermax Modu 87+

Given your budget, the best possible option would be the HCP 1200, but is total overkill for your rig and the 90$ difference from the Lepa unit could find a more useful placement... like a Siverstone Fortress 2 or maybe a Xigmatek Elysium or even a Lian Li P80 ;)

Seasonic x750 or x850. Silverstone Strider series, or Antec HCP series.

What's another unit that would be equivalent in performance and reliability?
The Seasonic X-850 is the same thing. The only other PSUs that are equivalent in performance and reliability would be units using Superflower's 850W 80Plus Gold design, such as the Kingwin Lazer Gold 850W, NZXT HALE90 850W, and Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W.

The Seasonic X-850 is the same thing. The only other PSUs that are equivalent in performance and reliability would be units using Superflower's 850W 80Plus Gold design, such as the Kingwin Lazer Gold 850W, NZXT HALE90 850W, and Sentey Golden Steel Power 850W.

Rosewill Lightning uses the Super Flower GG platform as well, and the 800W unit is plenty for his rig while being a little cheaper than the Kingwin/NZXT/Sentey variants... but the Lepa G900 is still a better buy if he's not bothered by the Mail in Rebate..

Rosewill Lightning uses the Super Flower GG platform as well, and the 800W unit is plenty for his rig while being a little cheaper than the Kingwin/NZXT/Sentey variants... but the Lepa G900 is still a better buy if he's not bothered by the Mail in Rebate..
And the Lepa G900 is also worse, meaning it doesn't meet the OP's requirement of a PSU that is equivalent in performance to the AX850.

True, but after a point it's nitpicking.. it doesn't get <20mV ripple and doesn't have superb regulation on the minor rails, but that doesn't mean it's not a high end, high quality unit.. just not one as refined as the GG or X series are..

Last edited:
I would not consider it to he a high-end product given how it performs compared to other PSUs on the market. In any case, the OP asked for something specific, and the LEPA does not qualify.

By that judgement the HCP 1200 wouldn't qualify either because it's clearly superior.. what does equivalent performance mean!?.. identical vreg and ripple on all rails including the minor ones and no variation up or down?.. if the Modu 87+ is not high end series than what exactly is it!?.. a value one?..

Your argument is a sophism.. and don't get me wrong, i have no parti pris with Enermax, but by your reasoning a lot of units wouldn't qualify due to being marginally inferior in some respects while being superior in others, including the Super Flower GG line ;)

Last edited:
What about the OCZ ZX Series? Just picked the 1000w for $179 after MIR. It is also modular. Is there a reason why nobody has suggested OCZ yet?

What about the OCZ ZX Series? Just picked the 1000w for $179 after MIR. It is also modular. Is there a reason why nobody has suggested OCZ yet?

It's a great unit for the price, and a great effort by GreatWall ;), the OEM responsible for the OCZ ZX line.. it's just not on par with some other high ends like the ones mentioned in this thread.. that doesn't make it bad, just marginally inferior(cap choice for example makes that pretty obvious) but also cheaper..

It's a product designed to offer somewhat cheaper access(than the above mentioned products) to the high end segment, while sacrificing as little as possible in the performance department..

Back