PSTWO problem playing PS1 Games

sanosuke2999

Weaksauce
I was trying to play that rediculously slow port of Crono Trigger for the PS1, on my PSTWO and for some reason it doesn't like the disc it says "please enter a PS or PS2 format disc" My PSTWO also does this with some of my other PS1 Game, but not all. I manage to get the game to run after a couple of resets, but either way it absolutely refuses to play Crono Trigger. Has anyone else had this problem? or do you guys think my PSTWO is some how faulty and I should return it?
Your input would be greatly appreciated :cool:

Nope the disc is in mint condition. The PStwo even played my copy of FF Tactics that I had lent to a friend and after I got it back the disc looked like it was used to sand out wood! :mad:

not sure where ive read it, but lots of places said that the new pstwo is going to have problems with certain ps1 games.
i guess you might have just found one.

Thanks, For your input guys. I am kinda getting paranoid since recently I have had a string of bad luck when buying new hardware.

I think this game is on the very short list of games that any ps2 can't play. Something with emulation problem I'm sure. Two of the three final fantasy classic sets were on the list I believe.

Back