PSA: VZW to disconnect legacy Unlimited users using over 100 gb/month

No, the first step was like 4 years ago when they stopped offering it. 2nd step was when they stopped allowing subscribers to grandfather their plans during upgrades. 3rd step was the $20/month price hike last fall. This is (at least the) 4th step. :p

Dear Verizon,

eat a dick.

28175678660_ac30724705_o.png

He's probably using it has his main ISP connection.
Yep. I don't discriminate tho, its my 24/7 data. Work, travel, home, always using my phone. It's just faster than any of them.

I'm under contract tho, so don't think this will impact me until late next year, if they block all renewal methods anyway.

Yep. I don't discriminate tho, its my 24/7 data. Work, travel, home, always using my phone. It's just faster than any of them.

I'm under contract tho, so don't think this will impact me until late next year, if they block all renewal methods anyway.
yep you are safe paying 49.99 till the end of contract this cut off is for any of us who were month to month like me... I recently laid to rest my unlimited plan as they finally released something that did not utterly screw me. The new carry over and safety mode is what got me off unlimited to save a bit of money overall 60 came off the bill back to where we were pre price hike. The savings is probably around 120 tho as my brother used this opportunity to put his wife on the plan so now 4 people on 30gb of data...

My bill was while on unlimited 330/mo with 1400 anytime minutes split by 3 people
now Unlimited min txt and 30 gb data for 272/mo

They'll just let you terminate your contract without paying a penalty.

They'll just let you terminate your contract without paying a penalty.
Yeah - I'm not sure why everyone who is under contract thinks they are safe just because of the contract. I'm sure VZW's lawyers have written 1,000 different ways of terminating the contract at any time for any number of reasons.

Back