PSA: Verizon looking to close Unlimited Data Upgrade loopholes Aug. 24

another loophole closed. Looks like I'l be buying my next phone outright to keep my unlimited data.

Not a huge deal for me. I gave in and and went with the 2GB package when I bought my Note 2 and since I have WiFi at home, the closest Ive come is 1.75GB in a month but that was on vacation and my normal usage is about 1GB. So yeah I kinda think it sucks that theyre getting rid of unlimited everywhere but for me at least over the last 2 years, it hasnt been an issue.

Sucks, but I'll still be able to do what I've been doing; use our 3rd line that's already on a 2GB plan to transfer upgrades to and keep unlimited data. They're cutting out people who use feature phone plans to transfer upgrades to.

you mean your unlimited throttled data. :p

You're only throttled if you're out of contract. I just renewed my contract with unlimited a couple months ago (by transferring my upgrade to our 2 GB line). So I'm still on contract with it until May 2016.

Well that sucks for me, I don't have unlimited data, but I'm on a family plan and my family doesn't want smartphones so I use their upgrades to upgrade every year. Guess I won't be doing that anymore. The new plan they have blows chunks too, its about $40 more expensive than what we would be paying for now.

What I find the funniest about this is all the people who are bitching because they're surprised this happened. I saw the writing on the wall as soon as they killed unlimited data and started planning on leaving. I bitched at Verizon so much I got two free phone upgrades within 18 months and then once T-Mobile paid off ETF's I bailed. Wife and I are much happier too.

My speeds are far better now then they were with Verizon. Oh and I get phones that I can actually do shit with since my bootloaders aren't locked. Not to mention I can actually get a Nexus device that's treated like a fucking Nexus.

Back