PSA: Verizon looking to close Unlimited Data Upgrade loopholes Aug. 24

zetachi

Gawd
another loophole closed. Looks like I'l be buying my next phone outright to keep my unlimited data.

MacLeod

Supreme [H]ardness
Not a huge deal for me. I gave in and and went with the 2GB package when I bought my Note 2 and since I have WiFi at home, the closest Ive come is 1.75GB in a month but that was on vacation and my normal usage is about 1GB. So yeah I kinda think it sucks that theyre getting rid of unlimited everywhere but for me at least over the last 2 years, it hasnt been an issue.

T4rd

Fully [H]
Sucks, but I'll still be able to do what I've been doing; use our 3rd line that's already on a 2GB plan to transfer upgrades to and keep unlimited data. They're cutting out people who use feature phone plans to transfer upgrades to.

you mean your unlimited throttled data. :p

You're only throttled if you're out of contract. I just renewed my contract with unlimited a couple months ago (by transferring my upgrade to our 2 GB line). So I'm still on contract with it until May 2016.

munkle

[H]F Junkie
Well that sucks for me, I don't have unlimited data, but I'm on a family plan and my family doesn't want smartphones so I use their upgrades to upgrade every year. Guess I won't be doing that anymore. The new plan they have blows chunks too, its about $40 more expensive than what we would be paying for now.

Vermillion

Supreme [H]ardness
What I find the funniest about this is all the people who are bitching because they're surprised this happened. I saw the writing on the wall as soon as they killed unlimited data and started planning on leaving. I bitched at Verizon so much I got two free phone upgrades within 18 months and then once T-Mobile paid off ETF's I bailed. Wife and I are much happier too.

My speeds are far better now then they were with Verizon. Oh and I get phones that I can actually do shit with since my bootloaders aren't locked. Not to mention I can actually get a Nexus device that's treated like a fucking Nexus.