PSA: New Kaby Lake build? Avoid Corsair AIO coolers

theplaidfad

Lurker
I just wanted to take a moment and let everyone in the community know about Corsair not supporting Kaby Lake CPU's with their AIO coolers.

The latest version of Corsair Link does not support Kaby Lake CPU's, and will not read the temperature of the CPU. This means that you can't control the fan speeds based on the temperature of the CPU at all. When I called Corsair customer support, they refused to comment on when/if there will be support added. Furthermore, they do not comment about the issues on the official Corsair forums either.

You've been warned

or set your software to read the block temps so your fans arent spinning wildly

or set your software to read the block temps so your fans arent spinning wildly

I've seen no documentation about that being the correct way to run an AIO. Do you have any proof that it's the better method other than "it keeps your fans from spinning wildly"?

Last edited:
sweet two thread to agrue in!
from personal experience. if you try it you would see. theres a reason that it has several ways to control the temp, so people have choice! just because it comes set to cpu temp by default doesnt mean it has to stay that way. again, try it.

I'm not trying to argue with anyone. I'm simply trying to have a discussion. You're the one who resorted to name calling (in the other thread) as soon as your opinion on the matter was questioned.

I just want to be 100% clear... are you backing off of your claim that controlling the fan curves via the block temp is a better solution than via CPU temp? Or are you saying that the only reason it's better is because the fans spin up and down less often? I'm asking this because I have some logical follow up responses based on your answer that will further the discussion and discovery process . If that's okay with you, and you want to have a conversation like an adult, then by all means please reply.

it my personal experience but to you that doesnt matter. so toss me on ignore cause im done arguing.

Back