PSA: Madden returns to PC for 1st time since '09

Lith1um

2[H]4U

• CPU: Core i3-4350 or equivalent.
  • VIDEO CARD: GeForce GTX 660 or Radeon HD 7850.
  • FREE DISK SPACE: 40 GB.

I quit 18 mid season due to the obscene greed of MUT, but the PC version is so tempting. Then again, the xboxX is hooked up to a 70" 4k so I want to see if the PC version gets any graphics upgrades. Never thought I'd lean toward a console, but games like Madden are well suited for consoles.

I wonder if a PC account will work on Xbox and vice versa for madden 19? I might buy one copy for each platform, one edition with all the extras and one basic edition, if the accounts work like that.

Good thing xbox controllers work with Win 10.

Last edited:
I quit 18 mid season due to the obscene greed of MUT, but the PC version is so tempting. Then again, the xboxX is hooked up to a 70" 4k so I want to see if the PC version gets any graphics upgrades. Never thought I'd lean toward a console, but games like Madden are well suited for consoles.
18 was the first Madden I got since the first they released for the PS4 - and only cause it was on EA Pass. Played it on xonex hooked up to a 65" OLED with atmos surround and it's pretty unbelievable at times thinking back to John Madden Football of the 80s and 90s.

I can't imagine the PC version will be much if any better than the xonex enhanced version. EA loves it's console players and PC gamers are going to be chomping at the bit for a new Madden even if it is a direct port.

My dad used to play this game all the time back in 2008 or so. The later PC versions started to get rid of a lot of the management gameplay he liked, though. He didn't really care about playing the actual games, he usually just ran simulations and built up his roster.

I never played madden past madden 96 for the snes. And i still have it

My dad used to play this game all the time back in 2008 or so. The later PC versions started to get rid of a lot of the management gameplay he liked, though. He didn't really care about playing the actual games, he usually just ran simulations and built up his roster.

Same for me...used to do the same with Front Page Sports Football. Wish they had a similar game.

Same for me...used to do the same with Front Page Sports Football. Wish they had a similar game.

FPSF was the best! I played the hell outta that game!

I remember picking up the first Madden for my PC waaay back when...

25-madden-cover-1988-madden-nfl-covers.jpg
maddenapple.jpg

Is it still going to be cut down compared to the console versions like the last entries on PC were?

I was actually pretty good at the 2D versions of Madden (+ Bill Walsh College Football) on the Genesis and SNES. When they went 3D is when I started to suck. I think that's also when they shifted from encouraging you to switch to the active defender to letting the CPU do most of the work, too.

Back