PSA: electric scooter rental can get you a DUI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
especially when the official tests say that talking on your cellphone is equal to having 3 alcoholic drinks! Then EVERYONE that has EVER talked on their cellphone while driving deserves the EXACT same punishment.
edit: well not everyone, just the hypocrites.

you obviously haven't got a dui in the last 20 yrs. do you need me to explain? ok:

-automatic 5 days in jail (missed work and with one phone call you may not be able to contact work)
- bail to get out of jail (~$1000-INFINITY)
- $5000 for a lawyer
- suspended drivers license for a year automatic possibly more
- 30 days in jail after sentencing (may be allowed to do on weekends)
- $1000-$5000 fine
- $1000 DUI court cost
- ASAP (alchohol safety action program) once a month for 6-18 months and you are not allowed to drive there with your restricted license (if you get one) and have to pay a fee ($30) and submit a urine which gets tested for a ($20) fee
- all the time you miss from work (~$X000's)
- losing your job, especially if you need to drive OR WORK ON A BASE
- ignition interlok (breathalizer) installed in vehicle for 12 months $400 for installation $100/month calibration and then another $400 to get it removed FOR EACH VEHICLE YOU OWN. ( a lot of people have to sell or give away vehicles because of this)
- ETC, ETC, ETC

I will try and update as i remember more of the sh*t that a dui entails. but for all you sjw's that think that renting a scooter to ride down the boardwalk to keep from DRIVING A CAR DRUNK deserves all this then, SHAME ON YOU. YOU AIN'T [H]

Where the hell do you live that you get all of that for a first time at 0.08?

I will try and update as i remember more of the sh*t that a dui entails. but for all you sjw's that think that renting a scooter to ride down the boardwalk to keep from DRIVING A CAR DRUNK deserves all this then, SHAME ON YOU. YOU AIN'T [H]

You realize you made this thread as a SJW right? You're the one whining about this and throwing a fit.

the "commonwealth" of virginia

edit: in the USA. but i'm sure it's not a whole lot different in other states.

Don't forget Texas.

I have two friends who had DUIs.

One lost his license for a year and had to pay something like $15,000 in fines plus court and attorney fees and had to get his girlfriend to drive him everywhere. From home to work to the store, etc. he wasn't allowed to drive at all.

The other went to jail for 8 months, has a felony on his record for it, was on probation for three years and had to do scheduled breathalyzer tests in his home several times a day.

And this was for a first time offense on both counts.

the "commonwealth" of virginia

edit: in the USA. but i'm sure it's not a whole lot different in other states.

DUI in NJ...

New Jersey DUI Penalties

Although not considered a criminal offense, the penalties for DUI in New Jersey are quite severe. If you are arrested for DUI and it is your first offense, the penalties will include a drivers license suspension of 3 to 12 months; fines and fees of approximately $750 to $1,000; up to 30 days in jail; up to 48 hours of driver instruction at the Intoxicated Driver Resource Center (IDRC) and a $1,000 per year surcharge for three years.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back