PSA - DIMES is something everyone can run, no impact on other DC'ing

You betcha.
I also need to try this install on a stripped down Linux Distro because the full blown 12.04 64-bit is a bit of overkill for the VM. The OS can be 32-bit to run Linux DIMES. Any suggestions?

TinyCore's CLI version called MicroCore might be worth looking into.

I'd be willing to help out.

Bringing some VMs back, I see musky passed me, will have to remedy that.

Bringing some VMs back, I see musky passed me, will have to remedy that.

Yeah...I'm not running any VM's at the moment. I need to get them going here soon since I have been making adjustments to the farm lately.

I got some of my VM's up and running on a different box now. Only one or two crashes which seem to be the ones that had trouble with crashing on other boxes. I may just rebuild those and see if that helps. I also have a few more to move over once I'm happy with the stability of the host while running these.

At current production, we are ~32 days away from over taking TKWSN

I now have about 18VM's running on my file server. I keep telling myself... baby steps... lol

Stats are still broke. I emailed the admin again. Hopefully he gives the server a nice little love tap.

Yes. Restarted. We where in a Passover vacation for 11 days.

Thanks
Ido

We should be seeing the stats come back up shortly.

Edit: Stats coming back up. So far they don't look like they cover the entire 7 days they were down. I don't know if there was actually work going on though. Since their stats go down on such a regular basis, I didn't bother to look....

Last edited:
If anyone else noticed a loss in point production while the stats were down, here is what he had to say about it.

During that week the servers where down since no one was in the university (holiday) and I afraid that most of this measurements got lost (didn't entered the server).
It is the same issue with measurements of other groups - we have a hole of 6 days in the measurements.

Now things got fixed and we back at work.

Thanks
Ido

I am on a fixed bandwidth limit per month. How much is it going to use per month?

I don't have any exact numbers, but it is pretty small. It is basically a bunch of pings and trace routes.

Majestic-12 on the other hand is a major data hog, so avoid it unless you have leftover bandwidth at the end of your cycle.

Looks like we are ~10 days away from taking 9th place. :cool:

I just brought several of my VMs (15 plus the host to be exact) back up this morning. The high-tech issue that brought them all down? My high quality network cable with the retaining click broken off had pulled out partially and the whole machine lost network/interconnect access. Sadly, this happened probably 2 or 3 weeks ago and I just got back to it today.

Well..at least you are back online now. LOL

Edit: looks like the stats are doing their monthly hiccup too....

Last edited:
I emailed the admin about the stats not exporting again. Time for him to kick the server....

We are ~20 days from over taking AMD Users for 8th place.

We are still 20 days out from taking 8th place.

This morning I noticed that my Lubuntu VM agent was getting a ton of error messages. Silly me, I forgot to sudo -s before starting the agent. :confused:

Yeah...I had to cut back a bit for a while...but plan on doing a big boost in the upcoming future. bigted stopped and musky cut back a ton as well...

Last edited:
Now that stats are back up, it appears we are ~15 days off from taking 8th and our production is still light from what it was.

I emailed Ido to let him know the stats were down. He said it was the servers having trouble and he restarted them. Hopefully, they will be back up shortly.

And there was a large stats dump today...probably about 3 or 4 days worth...lol

Current stats say we are ~7 days away from taking 8th place.

We take 8th place today. According to the stats, we are ~287 days away from 7th. So, if anyone can come up with a massive amount of PPD, it is going to be a while.

Is anyone able to get stats from the DIMES site, I've been getting mysql errors.

Stats from their page aren't coming up for me either. Perhaps I need to shoot ido an email....

Yeah...he usually hears from me when it is something broken. They probably saved my email under the name.... Shit's Broken Again.....lol

Thanks for confirming. It's been broken a while, I was hoping the magic repair fairies would be invoked. Guess not. :)

Well...I rarely check the stats on their page. I typically use Free-DC's stats. But, they have stats export issues quite regular...almost a monthly basis.

Back