PSA - DIMES is something everyone can run, no impact on other DC'ing

Yeah..that is how it is...it could be much better....I have had to reinstall the client over itself a few times to get it to even run after weeks of running fine. You would think it would remember then, but it doesn't. If someone didn't care about the number of agents listed, it would just be easier to create new every time.

hey look at that, 20,000,000 points :)

Close but no Cigar. :D
Congrats bigted :cool:

iehs.png

Site is different everytime you refresh. I'm going by what my agents tell me ;)

Yeah...goal #2 is pretty much hit number 1 on the team before bigted mows me. Great job guys.

You guys are hilarious - I'm just trying to beat rhavern & ibanez to 10th place! :D

bigted....what happened? Your production has been cut in half...

Don't know. Will be bouncing the esx box tonight, maybe kicking it will help

gilthanis/coleslaw is almost top 50 over all

... and i am not far behind :)

gilthanis/coleslaw is almost top 50 over all

... and i am not far behind :)

Yeah...I'm gonna have to do something big if I want to hit #1 on the team by end of the year. I don't see that happening with what I have and the little time the holidays bring. Even then, it will be short lived...LOL You certainly are a mowing machine.

Me:
Top 50 ~3 days
Top 40 <30 days
Team #1 ~24 days

You:
Team #1 ~48 days

Last edited:
Popping popcorn now!!! Somebody order up the tamales, we got a non-F@H [H] race right here! :D

(Nice to see a bit of that [H]orde fun on the non-folding projects...)

Popping popcorn now!!! Somebody order up the tamales, we got a non-F@H [H] race right here! :D

Yeah...and that is IF Razor_FX_II doesn't start up his beast again...:D

MMMMM, Tamales. Speaking of tamales, I recently had somebody approach me in a walmart parking lot and asked me if I wanted to buy some tamales. SCARY!

bigted, what happened, your production was cut in half yesterday....

Had to kick my esxi box again. Production is back to normal again

I thought that he ran out of coins.

Naw...I just have to keep an eye out for the random devices that DIMES just crashes on and has to have restarted. :D The client isn't very well written IMHO.

30million, back up to full on beast mode as well :)

get some VMs yo

This - I got as far as setting up Hyper-V and realizing I couldn't find any of my Windows install disks before getting lazy and giving up... I plan on getting another XP Pro install disc off Technet after the holidays once all the family stuff is done to see if I can get enough VMs to get up to 40-50K ppd.

I could probably toss in a Dell XP Pro x86 SP 3 disk in with the box o stoof when I send it if you want. My job has a whole box of them from all the old systems they had purchased in the past. They will still work as long as you have a key for it.

I have all my Technet keys, but not sure if they would work. I have at least two old XP Pro CDs that were also work leftovers with the keys written on the case, so if I find the CD, I find the key... We could always try, though...

So modest. You make the top 50 overall and all you post about is the team position.

Congrats

The team is my motivation for that project. Otherwise, I really don't care about their "science". ;)

What sort of PPD do you guys see from each system/VM? I have 5 XP VMs running on my main rig and they seem to be doing around 5k per day each, judging by their stats (been installed for just under 2 days and they've all done between 10K and 11K). Does that sound about right? I had to reboot one of them as it had fallen noticeably behind the others in terms of production, is there any other way you guys keep track of crashes or anything?
So far RAM and CPU usage seem nice and low, in the next day or two I think I'll whack another drive in here to move these 5 to, and load up another 5.

5k is about right. You'll have big point days and low point days. But that's what mine average out to.

What OS are your VMs? What software are you using for the VMs?

Cool, seems they're doing alright then.
I'm running XP VMs under Virtualbox at the minute.

Those points sound about right. I know mine have crashed when I have 0 points for the day for the host. I don't trust from last update because of how they refresh their stats each day. And I'm referring to Free-DC when I mention the stats update.

Thanks for that Gilthanis, I have my page on Free-DC bookmarked now so I can check my updates.
Oddly, all my VMs seem to be outperforming my main install by 20-25% apiece, not sure why that is but no biggie.

Looks like some of you are due for a haircut ;) heading for the top 10 very shortly, currently 4th in the daily totals.

DaqXVNf.png

Dammit... And just when I thought I might reach the Team top ten... No WAY I have enough memory to fire up ANY VMs right now until the Cosmology Vault push is over...

Back