PSA: CableMod's cable sleeving sucks for UV reactivity.

Bageland2000

Limp Gawd
So I built admittedly crappy PSU extensions from MDPC-X sleeving and automotive wire a few years ago. The results were OK, but as I've been improving my PC over time I wanted to use fully-sleeved cables that had expert craftsmanship and decided to splurge on CableMod cables for my Corsair AX860. They didn't have fully orange stock cables-- I'd have to order those custom at twice the cost,-- so I purchased the combo black/orange ModMesh-sleeved cables that were available at a reasonable price. Before I did though, I was assured by the rep (after asking three times before I got an answer) that they were indeed UV-reactive. They are, but check out the comparison picture and you be the judge. I've place my extension to the left of the CableMod cable. My honest opinion, they did a terrible job sourcing sleeving that is properly UV-reactive. But I want your feedback, check out the picture.

http://imgur.com/xEr73zf

They do however, look awesome in white light, no lie:

http://imgur.com/eM3DuZ9

Could also depend on the light source. I'm no expert when it comes to optics, but I do know different UV lamps put out varying wavelengths and spectrum. Some lights are more effective than others at getting strong florescence out of certain colors/materials.

You might try getting a CFL blacklight bulb for a regular house lamp and testing with that. If it doesn't glow under of a CFL UV bulb then glowing's probably just not gonna happen.

looks like it working to me. maybe not a good as you expected but you did go with the cheaper one...
try another uv source like mentioned above, could be you bought cheap uv strips too...

looks like it working to me. maybe not a good as you expected but you did go with the cheaper one...
try another uv source like mentioned above, could be you bought cheap uv strips too...
What do you mean by "you did go with the cheaper one"? Also, I used CableMod's own UV Hybrid strips so the source is pretty solid.

They didn't have fully orange stock cables-- I'd have to order those custom at twice the cost,-- so I purchased the combo black/orange ModMesh-sleeved cables that were available at a reasonable price.
therefor you went with the cheaper one

Back