PSA... AT&T now charging for a SIM swap

radeon962

[H]ard|Gawd
IMG_2793.PNG
Juet brought my son in to the local AT&T store to swap SIMs from his OnePlus One to my OnePlus 5 that I was going to return but he wanted it.

AT&T now charges $5 for a SIM swap. Not the end of the world but more free money for them. Guess it is one of the downsides of T-MOBILE as they charge so why not the others I suppose.

The agent said it was to compensate AT&T for the reps time.

Did a quick chat with AT&T and the agent confirmed this change just came about 2 days ago and even via chat they have to charge

Giving customers the ability to do the swap themselves would save their employees time, too.

Tmobile charges for SIM swaps?

If you have the card you can do it online through the account manager for free. I get that SIM cards cost money, but are you telling me I call the 800 number and ask them to swap a sim they will charge me?

T-Mobile charges for the sim. Not to swap it.

I watch slick deals and when tmo some are free or 99 cents with free shipping I order a few so I don't have to worry about the normal charge when I actually need a sim.

Uhh, I've swapped several time when with T-Mo and never got charged...

NEW SIM cards, maybe.

And seeing this makes me glad I'm on Cricket. I can swap to my hearts content and only pay for my service.

Yes, obviously new sim cards. Nobody is charging you to pull a sim out and replace it with one you already have.

SIM cards cost money? They don't just grow these on the SIM card tree they have in the back?

Everyone is nickel and diming its customers. Bank of America charges $5.00 for a replacement debit card.

AT&T wants to charge for a SIM swap?; I hope that charge doesn't apply to SIM card that has gone bad; it's not my fault your damn SIM card went bad. :mad:

Tmoblie dims can bet gotten for best buy for 4.99$ if you don't want to pay tmoblie retail prices

PSA.... ATT is now charging for a new Sim CARD! I have been swapping my existing sim from phone to phone and have seen no charges in the past, I will see none in the future. (That is, unless I need to buy a new sim. :))

New charge from AT&T that was just in
PSA.... ATT is now charging for a new Sim CARD! I have been swapping my existing sim from phone to phone and have seen no charges in the past, I will see none in the future. (That is, unless I need to buy a new sim. :))

It was a SIM swap from a Micro SIM to a Nano SIM (OnePlus One to OnePlus 5). No other changes. This was never a charge before as it is a recent change by AT&T.

New charge from AT&T that was just in

It was a SIM swap from a Micro SIM to a Nano SIM (OnePlus One to OnePlus 5). No other changes. This was never a charge before as it is a recent change by AT&T.

No, they charged you for the new SIM, which is says so in the chat you provided in the first post. Otherwise, what you are getting at is I were to buy a phone and swap my SIM myself, then turn the phone on, they would charge me for that. Now, if you are saying they did not charge for SIMs before and they do now, it appears you would then be correct.

No, they charged you for the new SIM, which is says so in the chat you provided in the first post. Otherwise, what you are getting at is I were to buy a phone and swap my SIM myself, then turn the phone on, they would charge me for that. Now, if you are saying they did not charge for SIMs before and they do now, it appears you would then be correct.

That is what I am saying is the new policy. In the past you could walk in and they would Swappa SIM for free. Policy change now is to charge $5.00.

If it is necessary to fix a problem, you won't be charged. If you're just swapping phones or something, then yes you will get charged.

LOL... Rogers has done this for years here... $15 for a SIM plus tax.

I had to pay this when I went from micro SIM to nano SIM and also when I was troubleshooting mobile payments (they were using some kind of NFC SIM technology at the time).

Back