PS5 Release Window Officially Announced

Target's website annoys me to no end. It wants me to confirm my card every single time. By the time I even copy+paste it in, the damn thing is sold out again.

I'm seeing the paper launch routine for the new Nvidia cards, too, although I expect that to be more ridiculous by far then what this will likely be. Again, a shame that's been the new normal for a lot of electronics releases in recent years.

Yeah same here, I wasn't paying attention yesterday because Sony said "Preorders start tomorrow". So I did some stuff I planned to do today yesterday so I could free up today, and it's all sold out because retailers started selling early. WTF?!?! It's a shame but I guess I have to wait. Not a big deal overall, but it sure doesn't make me all that happy as a customer.
I was cooking dinner figured they'd go up at 12 est. My son came running into the kitchen at 6 saying gamestop was selling them. Almost missed it. Snagged one. Amazon I kept refreshing the page and by the time it showed stock they were gone in minutes

Target keeps adding more, but I have no idea how to ever complete an order. There are too damn many steps.

It could have been worse. Some people here actually got one. You should have seen the 3080 launch. Those lasted less than 1 minute.

I guess this is going to be the new norm with Electronics and launches.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Yeah ordering from target is a big pain in the rear. I avoid them if I can help it and I don't even want to bother trying to snag a short supply item like a PS5 from them.

I don't mind too much waiting till the it becomes more easily available. I'll check bestbuy and amazon a little more than usual, but I am not going to go all out refreshing the page every few seconds. Lots of people were complaining about amazon, apparently someone found the link before amazon made it live, then posted it and IGN posted it and it was gone before the page went up for people who went to amazon from the front page.

Yeah ordering from target is a big pain in the rear. I avoid them if I can help it and I don't even want to bother trying to snag a short supply item like a PS5 from them.

I don't mind too much waiting till the it becomes more easily available. I'll check bestbuy and amazon a little more than usual, but I am not going to go all out refreshing the page every few seconds. Lots of people were complaining about amazon, apparently someone found the link before amazon made it live, then posted it and IGN posted it and it was gone before the page went up for people who went to amazon from the front page.

This happens with sporting and concert tickets too. You know those virtual wait rooms? There's always some forums on the internet with an insider who provides a small group of people a link to skip the virtual waiting room, and go directly to purchasing, and often before the sales are even officially open. It's the nature of these things.

Yeah same here, I wasn't paying attention yesterday because Sony said "Preorders start tomorrow". So I did some stuff I planned to do today yesterday so I could free up today, and it's all sold out because retailers started selling early. WTF?!?! It's a shame but I guess I have to wait. Not a big deal overall, but it sure doesn't make me all that happy as a customer.
I was the same way and had planned on staying up till 1am to watch preorder pages, 10 minutes later I lucked out super hard by going to reddit to read the conference notes and was immediately greeted by a post saying bestbuy preorder just went live. Bestbuys main page was loading bad so I googled bestbuy Canada ps5 and got the preorder page first link, got my order in and sighed in relief so hard :p

nowinstock.net ps5 tracker.. the comment section is where you need to pay attention to.. the live tracker is too slow... It was how I was able to score 3 of them(for family....) 2 on different amazon accounts, and 1 on walmart.. Right now samsclub has stock going in and out of the cart..

Has any retailer besides Target added more? Their site shows more every 5'ish minutes. I haven't seen any more showing up elsewhere.

I think targets webpage is bugged or something. Just had one in the cart and boom empty at check out.

As far as I can tell, with Target you essentially have to win the lottery. There are 7 steps to buying one. You have to add it to your cart, deny coverage, check out, verify your card, verify your security code, confirm you're ready to buy, and finally hit the "checkout" button.
At any point someone else completes the process first...you get nada. I've made it as far as that 7th step twice.
It's torture.

There are people making vague claims about product refreshes elsewhere at 1PM EST, so I'm keeping BB and Amazon tabs open.
For me the most annoying thing about all of this is that I was ready for pre-orders yesterday. The fact that they had nothing after the presentation and then randomly decided to go ham 90'ish minutes later with no warning pisses me off.

Target's checkout sounds just like EVGA's store. I had that same issue when I tried getting my 1080Ti AIO version card when it was released. Cart->checkout->put in all info->place order-> sorry all stock is sold out. It's a real nightmare and I never could get one from that kind of a system.

For me the plus side is Horizon Zero Dawn 2 isn't a launch title. I be a lot more impatient if it was because I want to play that so badly at the moment. Don't get me wrong I want to play Demon Soul's remake and Spiderman Mike Morales, but I waited this long for both I can wait a bit longer to play them. But I just finished HZD on PC, so I am really really wanting to play HZD2 lol

Target's checkout sounds just like EVGA's store. I had that same issue when I tried getting my 1080Ti AIO version card when it was released. Cart->checkout->put in all info->place order-> sorry all stock is sold out. It's a real nightmare and I never could get one from that kind of a system.

For me the plus side is Horizon Zero Dawn 2 isn't a launch title. I be a lot more impatient if it was because I want to play that so badly at the moment. Don't get me wrong I want to play Demon Soul's remake and Spiderman Mike Morales, but I waited this long for both I can wait a bit longer to play them. But I just finished HZD on PC, so I am really really wanting to play HZD2 lol

If you have a PS4 you can play Miles Morales on there, so you'd only miss out on Demon's Souls at launch.

For what it's worth, the Target mobile app has fewer steps. Still no luck, but 3 steps rather than 7.

It could have been worse. Some people here actually got one. You should have seen the 3080 launch. Those lasted less than 1 minute.

I guess this is going to be the new norm with Electronics and launches.

It's crazy. It's been going on for several years now or so.

Once upon a time, a product launch meant something was available and we could buy it. Imagine that.

Bah, I give up. Target's additional stocks have slowed to almost nothing.
At this point I'm half tempted to camp out at Microcenter next week. I don't feel like missing out on the only two items I've wanted all year because of online shenanigans.

I should have just pre-ordered the damn thing and said fuck the 3080, but no, screwed over twice. Hopefully there will be more units of PS5 coming thru up to release...

Man I get to spend the rest of the year now hunting for this console!

If I wasn't going threw evga's forum reading about the 3080 pre order drama i could of been 10 mins faster at seeing the damn ps5 release.

Man I get to spend the rest of the year now hunting for this console!

If I wasn't going threw evga's forum reading about the 3080 pre order drama i could of been 10 mins faster at seeing the damn ps5 release.

I just got my PS5 order to go thru Target, hopefully it sticks!

I somehow scored at Target at 5:36pm eastern time.

I fought that web site hard to get it threw!

First time I got to the final stage where it wants you to verify your credit card.. even though I've saved it to the site prior to save time.

Anyways after that I hit submit order and it errored at the top saying either the item isint available or the shipping method is not available for you item.

I kept hitting submit over and over.. prob 5-7 times in a row and it finally went threw!

So.. would not be surprised if I get a cancel notice or something.. says I cant edit the order till its shipped which dont make sense. Says card wont be charged till it ships.

So if it cancels, hopefully soon and not last min.

Btw.. target is the site that after f5ing over and over sometimes it will show in stock for pre order.. then the usual when you go to checkout it says out of stock. So.. hope may be alive there still.

Confirmation just came in, think I'm good!

1600380018106.png

My bank even sent me an "is this you" during the final step where you input your security code. I input it wrong on the first go round because I was so excited to get to that step :p

Wild guess, they just added a shitload of stock. They didn't fully sell out for almost 10 minutes this time.

Yeah on nowinstock.net slot of people are reporting scoring at target around 5:30ish+. Guessing a second wave.

;)

I wonder if MS had priced the new Xbox at $600 would Sony have followed that price point for the PS5 or if they always had it pegged at $500 and were surprised that MS priced it where they did

Oh just to let everyone know, it seems like "Spider Man Miles Morales" is the preferable PS5 launch title alongside possibly Demons' Souls (though personally unless there are massive overhauls I can easily play Demons' Souls via RPCS3 at "remastered" enhanced graphic levels and even with emulated online now, so I'm none too particularly interested). I should mention there are two Spider Man Miles Morales PS5 game versions, "standard launch day" and "ultimate launch day". Its important to note not every store is specifying their game version is the "Ultimate" version. Especially if you didn't play PS4 Spider Man to completion, I HIGHLY suggest getting the Ultimate edition as besides PS5 Miles Morales, there's also a download code for a remastered PS5-upgraded (presumably with all DLC - it would be really shady to do otherwise) version of Spider Man! Just something to keep in mind!

While we're discussing it all, does anyone know if the a PS5 "3D Pulse" headset is likely to be worth it? I mean, I was under the impression that in the past Sony PS4 headsets were good, but you could do better. Maybe this one will be a stand-out, but I'm just curious if its likely to be worth it both for use with the PS5 and also via PC and Mobile? It seems that it has a couple of (non-boom) mics, a USB-C connection, a USB wireless receiver for use in wireless mode on PS5 or possibly PC, and via hard cable of some kind. Anyone used the PS4 era first party "Platinum" (preferable) or "Gold" headsets? How did they sound, work overall, and especially were they viable when used on PC both wired/wirelessly? Any info on the PS5 "3D Pulse" headset that would make it better than reputable 3rd party headsets (both gaming-branded/focused and otherwise). ?

Edit: If I decide not to keep this PS5 order I'll offer it to the FS forum first. Just found out the person I was buying it for as a gift may have picked up one of their own, so I'll have to decide what to do.

Last edited:
Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Wow, actually got one from walmart just a minute ago. It kept going sold out at place order stage, but I kept going back and trying again and I got one. :)

Oh just to let everyone know, it seems like "Spider Man Miles Morales" is the preferable PS5 launch title alongside possibly Demons' Souls (though personally unless there are massive overhauls I can easily play Demons' Souls via RPCS3 at "remastered" enhanced graphic levels and even with emulated online now, so I'm none too particularly interested). I should mention there are two Spider Man Miles Morales PS5 game versions, "standard launch day" and "ultimate launch day". Its important to note not every store is specifying their game version is the "Ultimate" version. Especially if you didn't play PS4 Spider Man to completion, I HIGHLY suggest getting the Ultimate edition as besides PS5 Miles Morales, there's also a download code for a remastered PS5-upgraded (presumably with all DLC - it would be really shady to do otherwise) version of Spider Man! Just something to keep in mind!

While we're discussing it all, does anyone know if the a PS5 "3D Pulse" headset is likely to be worth it? I mean, I was under the impression that in the past Sony PS4 headsets were good, but you could do better. Maybe this one will be a stand-out, but I'm just curious if its likely to be worth it both for use with the PS5 and also via PC and Mobile? It seems that it has a couple of (non-boom) mics, a USB-C connection, a USB wireless receiver for use in wireless mode on PS5 or possibly PC, and via hard cable of some kind. Anyone used the PS4 era first party "Platinum" (preferable) or "Gold" headsets? How did they sound, work overall, and especially were they viable when used on PC both wired/wirelessly? Any info on the PS5 "3D Pulse" headset that would make it better than reputable 3rd party headsets (both gaming-branded/focused and otherwise). ?

Edit: If I decide not to keep this PS5 order I'll offer it to the FS forum first. Just found out the person I was buying it for as a gift may have picked up one of their own, so I'll have to decide what to do.

It's easy to tell which version of Miles Morales is which. The Ultimate Edition is $70 where-as the regular is $50.

As for the headset: It's a $100, wireless, "gaming" headset, with simulated surround sound. Set your expectations accordingly. It will probably be better than other headsets in its price class, but it's still a $100 gaming-branded headset.

Finally got one via Walmart. Went to the site, and as expected, "Out of stock" occurred within a minute. They removed it from my cart, and I thought, oh well, another day. Just kept refreshing anyway, and saw "Place pre order" again around 15 minutes past the hour. Went ahead and it kept saying "out of stock". But I kept hitting submit, and 15 minutes later it actually went through.

I'm glad this ordeal is over.

Not sure if it made a difference, but the Walmart site was hanging like crazy and I kept getting denied. I installed the Walmart phone app, and it went through the first try. Maybe a fluke?

Back