PS5 Release Window Officially Announced

Has this been teased as a feature or are you just hoping?
If it's supported, it could be a day 1 buy for me and I could easily see myself moving to PS5 as opposed to PC for upcoming next-gen games like Cyberpunk.

In terms of "hope" Microsoft more or less has moved to the model of allowing gamers to use kb/m if the title supports it. And some have, some haven't. It's not like there is any physical limitation preventing this and it would get PC gamers like me to choose to make the switch. Otherwise we have to wait for hacks like XIM to give us the same control that they could give natively.

More to the point - if you didn't have an answer, why bother to @ me?

1600290951194.png

If it's supported, it could be a day 1 buy for me and I could easily see myself moving to PS5 as opposed to PC for upcoming next-gen games like Cyberpunk.

In terms of "hope" Microsoft more or less has moved to the model of allowing gamers to use kb/m if the title supports it. And some have, some haven't. It's not like there is any physical limitation preventing this and it would get PC gamers like me to choose to make the switch. Otherwise we have to wait for hacks like XIM to give us the same control that they could give natively.

More to the point - if you didn't have an answer, why bother to @ me?
It is probably the like it always been. Up to the developers to implement it. Which very few did since the PS3 days.

Bestbuy Canada has pre-orders up now! Just got mine pre-ordered (they are out of the digital versions!)

Seeing and hearing about some retailers already having some come and go and Sony talking about more coming on Tuesday. (summarizing a lot of what I've seen)

I have mine in the cart, but I can't proceed forward. I assume Best Buy is being hammered right now. Game Stop outright banned me from viewing their website, which I hope is just a temporary action of too many people trying to preorder it.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
Got my pre-order in from Gamestop online (during the brief time the site was working). Now waiting for the order confrimation to make sure it actually went through.

Reactions: Q-BZ
like this
So, for folks planning on buying on or near release: What games are you looking at picking up?

For me the two I want to grab are Spider-Man: Miles Morals (the ultimate edition with the remaster of the first game) and Demon's Souls (unless the maybe yes maybe no PC version launches this year as well). Beyond that, I might grab DMCVSE but we'll see. Cyberpunk isn't too long after launch so I won't have that much time for new games before that.

I have mine in the cart, but I can't proceed forward. I assume Best Buy is being hammered right now. Game Stop outright banned me from viewing their website, which I hope is just a temporary action of too many people trying to preorder it.
Walmart Canada opened up preorders to, try there

So, for folks planning on buying on or near release: What games are you looking at picking up?

For me the two I want to grab are Spider-Man: Miles Morals (the ultimate edition with the remaster of the first game) and Demon's Souls (unless the maybe yes maybe no PC version launches this year as well). Beyond that, I might grab DMCVSE but we'll see. Cyberpunk isn't too long after launch so I won't have that much time for new games before that.
I still have god of war and spider man to play, and I'm super stoked for destiny 2 in 60fps. I have been rocking it hard on my PC but I miss playing with my console buddies

I still have god of war and spider man to play, and I'm super stoked for destiny 2 in 60fps. I have been rocking it hard on my PC but I miss playing with my console buddies

I need to get back to God of War at some point, but I really want a better audio set up before I do since my current sound bar is kind of crap.

Preorder on us bestbuy too, except they wont let me finish account creation, so guess I'm not preordering...

Assuming it's already gone at bestbuy.. wont let me checkout. :/

All of them have been gone for at least over an hour.

All that's left to do is wait on Amazon. I was on the pay page for Best Buy and Game Stop. At least hopefully I won't end up with $98000 worth of charges. I can't say I'm too thrilled with how this was handled.

Oh well. At least I wasn't really excited about any launch game. It's more for games down the line, as acquiring a console the first year can be painful. I just want to get on some waiting list for a guaranteed purchase. The same with the Xbox Series X. The only item I definitely want day one is the NVidia 3090.

All of them have been gone for at least over an hour.

All that's left to do is wait on Amazon. I was on the pay page for Best Buy and Game Stop. At least hopefully I won't end up with $98000 worth of charges. I can't say I'm too thrilled with how this was handled.

Oh well. At least I wasn't really excited about any launch game. It's more for games down the line, as acquiring a console the first year can be painful. I just want to get on some waiting list for a guaranteed purchase. The same with the Xbox Series X. The only item I definitely want day one is the NVidia 3090.

It's for my 11 year old son.. he is wanting it for xmas. :/

Do stores normally add another pre order later is that it?

Typically yes, you will see some restocks in for preorders before the official release date. Either production goes up (companies like to guarantee a supply), or other people will end up eventually cancelling their preorder as they find out that it's not in their financial interest.

Thanks guys! Gives me some hope.. I cant fail as my son has been bugging me about the pre order for months! Lol

Thanks guys! Gives me some hope.. I cant fail as my son has been bugging me about the pre order for months! Lol

If you have a local Gamestop, or another game store that does console pre-orders, maybe give them a call every week and see if they're taking new pre-orders.

Yea sorry I posted it 15 mins ago. Probably all gone now.
No biggie, managed to get one for my son through GameStop was trying to pick up a second if I could for myself. I'll get one on round 2. THanks though.

Still have a console in my cart ideally for local pickup at BestBuy, but won't let me actually pay. I'd prefer just getting one shipped to me via Amazon , though ultimately whereever one can find it works, so be it. I wonder if Amazon is really going to be doing staggered batch releases throughout the night / the next day?

wow easiest pre-order
i even waited 9 hours after pre orders started and still got one.

Target has had them in and out all night. Managed to pre order 2 fro family. I’m personally waiting for the Xbox. But these were easy to preorder imo.

Bah. I ended up going out to dinner while all of the pre-orders went live. Nada anywhere now. I hate dealing with this stuff.

It's a shame this nonsense has become the new normal for a lot of electronics releases. Ah well. All placeholders are up. From everything I've gathered I don't think we will be waiting terribly long for more waves. The gaming industry as a whole is on fire and they know the demand is high for just about anything. Sony is certainly well aware of it for this.

Yeah same here, I wasn't paying attention yesterday because Sony said "Preorders start tomorrow". So I did some stuff I planned to do today yesterday so I could free up today, and it's all sold out because retailers started selling early. WTF?!?! It's a shame but I guess I have to wait. Not a big deal overall, but it sure doesn't make me all that happy as a customer.

Back