PS5 Release Window Officially Announced

They repeated multiple times "do not go and buy any drive, we are working with drive makers to certify them with the ps5" in theory they need to be pcie4 7gb+, the extra speed is required to relinquish the control to the internal specialized controller without any problems.
For once I’m inclined to believe them on this. Purely because Sony has had a good track record on allowed off the shelf HDDs in their consoles as opposed to the 360s BS.

On the other hand, Sony have also been huge idiots about their proprietary memory cards on the PSP and Vita.

"Introducing PlayStation Studios, the new brand name for all of your favorite exclusive PlayStation games. "

They're going to put this on every exclusive PS5 game. I like it, especially the last few seconds, it makes me want to boot up my PS1 again.

Those exclusive games (and a couple others like Bloodborne) are the only reason I'm buying the PS5, so I guess I'm glad they value them.

"Introducing PlayStation Studios, the new brand name for all of your favorite exclusive PlayStation games. "

the PS brand is very valuable...they need to remember that...hopefully Horizon Zero Dawn PC is a one time case

the PS brand is very valuable...they need to remember that...hopefully Horizon Zero Dawn PC is a one time case
Honestly, the amount of money they’d lose making their exclusives also available on PC is probably entirely covered and then some by the amount of sales they’ll make with those games on PC. I would be entirely fine with them releasing all of their exclusives on PC and PS5. Generally, PC and PlayStation players are two separate user bases that have only some overlap.

Honestly, the amount of money they’d lose making their exclusives also available on PC is probably entirely covered and then some by the amount of sales they’ll make with those games on PC. I would be entirely fine with them releasing all of their exclusives on PC and PS5. Generally, PC and PlayStation players are two separate user bases that have only some overlap.

they're only 2 separate user bases because 90% of the games are PS exclusives...if they released most of their popular games on PC then there would be a ton of overlap- Bloodborne will be a proven hit based on how popular the Souls games are on PC, Uncharted is similar to Tomb Raider...then you have God of War, Last of Us etc

As a PC gamer I'd love them to go Microsoft's route of putting everything out on the PC, too. Then again, my stupid ass is going to buy a PS5 just for those games. Then again, if the rumors of the hardware potentially not being profitable are true...do they care?

they're only 2 separate user bases because 90% of the games are PS exclusives...if they released most of their popular games on PC then there would be a ton of overlap- Bloodborne will be a proven hit based on how popular the Souls games are on PC, Uncharted is similar to Tomb Raider...then you have God of War, Last of Us etc
The 2 separate user bases are not only because of the exclusives. There are countless people who have zero interest with gaming on PC and prefer console gaming and vice versa.

Hopefully, it's not. Wishing for "exclusives" instead of the prosperity of devs/games is a silly, silly thing. A game being available on another platform does nothing to your enjoyment.

I'm a PC gamer but I respect the PS brand which is why I don't want to see it get diluted...I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne (ended up playing all the Uncharted games, Last of Us before selling the console)...the developer of Horizon Zero Dawn is far from hurting...they made a killing from the PS4 version...let's not pretend this is about the 'poor' developers

I'm a PC gamer but I respect the PS brand which is why I don't want to see it get diluted...I bought a PS4 for Bloodborne (ended up playing all the Uncharted games, Last of Us before selling the console)...the developer of Horizon Zero Dawn is far from hurting...they made a killing from the PS4 version...let's not pretend this is about the 'poor' developers
I don't understand this logic. They could have made even more of a killing had they also released the game on PC at release.

I don't understand this logic. They could have made even more of a killing had they also released the game on PC at release.

They're developing the game exclusively for the playstation. To develop it for the PC as well, it costs a little more money and time.

I think the smart thing to do, is release it on console first, rake in the dough, once the ROI is made, they can then spend a little bit to develop it for the PC, release it on PC, make more money, start work on sequel, rinse & repeat.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
They're developing the game exclusively for the playstation. To develop it for the PC as well, it costs a little more money and time.

I think the smart thing to do, is release it on console first, rake in the dough, once the ROI is made, they can then spend a little bit to develop it for the PC, release it on PC, make more money, start work on sequel, rinse & repeat.

I agree, it's a very smart thing to do and personally they're getting people like me to buy the game twice like that, hah. I can't wait to play Horizon ZD again on my PC maxed out on my ultrawide at 60+ FPS and I also can't wait to play Horizon ZD 2 on PS5 and again on PC a few years later if that's the case, cuz there's no way I can wait a year+ to play its sequel. But this is also given that they'll release it on PC at an appropriate price of $30 or less since its been available for so long on the console by that time, which I'm confident Horizon will be considering its $20 new now and has been as little as $6 or so on sale directly from PSN from what I've seen.

I agree, it's a very smart thing to do and personally they're getting people like me to buy the game twice like that, hah. I can't wait to play Horizon ZD again on my PC maxed out on my ultrawide at 60+ FPS and I also can't wait to play Horizon ZD 2 on PS5 and again on PC a few years later if that's the case, cuz there's no way I can wait a year+ to play its sequel. But this is also given that they'll release it on PC at an appropriate price of $30 or less since its been available for so long on the console by that time, which I'm confident Horizon will be considering its $20 new now and has been as little as $6 or so on sale directly from PSN from what I've seen.
I don't see it being released for anything less then $40. $60 wouldn't surprise me either but also expect price to drop really quick also.

I don't see it being released for anything less then $40. $60 wouldn't surprise me either but also expect price to drop really quick also.

$40 for a complete edition would be good. The game has a lot of content, you can easily get a 40 hours out of the game+expansions. You can easily go 60-80 hours if you want to be a completionist.

Sony is reportedly planning a PlayStation 5 game event for June 3rd...Bloomberg reports that Sony’s virtual event is tentatively planned for next week but that “plans have been in flux and that the day may change.”...Sony is said to be focusing on games for this PS5 event and is not expected to “reveal every essential detail” on the console during the first event...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/27/21271908/sony-ps5-game-reveal-event-june-3rd-rumors

Sony is reportedly planning a PlayStation 5 game event for June 3rd...Bloomberg reports that Sony’s virtual event is tentatively planned for next week but that “plans have been in flux and that the day may change.”...Sony is said to be focusing on games for this PS5 event and is not expected to “reveal every essential detail” on the console during the first event...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/27/21271908/sony-ps5-game-reveal-event-june-3rd-rumors
Hopefully they actually show gameplay unlike the Microsoft event from a couple weeks ago. For a while we actually got less scripted and CGI reveals after the Killzone 2 controversy, but they seem have moved back to cinematic garbage that doesn't matter. Even Steam seems to have relaxed their policy of nothing but actual in-game footage on their store pages. "In engine" does not count, assholes...

I'm hoping for Bloodborne 2, a new Uncharted, and a Capcom fighting game. I don't expect to see any of the three, but I can hope :p

No more Bloodborne until Elden Ring is out ;).
Certainly true, but it could be a similar situation as....well as Bloodborne. It was Miyazaki’s next project but a different team was working on Dark Souls 2 at the same time for a barely earlier release.

Theoretically, but unlikely, we could see a Bloodborne 2 teaser.

I'm guessing $449.99 on price.

Recent history has told us that gaming is one of the pastimes and one of the businesses that benefits in economically difficult times. It’s quite logical, people don’t have the money to go out so they stay at home. Now, who knows how this recession is going to look, how deep it will be and how long it will last. It could be that the historic templates, the historic models that have applied in the past may not apply in the future.

I think the best way that we can address this is by providing the best possible value proposition that we can. I don’t necessarily mean lowest price. Value is a combination of many things. In our area, it means games, it means number of games, depth of games, breadth of games, quality of games, price of games – all of these things and how they avail themselves of the feature set of the platform.

SOURCE

Indeed. Game costs have gone up a lot. I'm sure they'll all make a lot of money, but may as well sell it on PC. Even if you have to hold it back 1-2 years. I hope they just use this as a name and don't try and micromanage the studios though under a Playstation Studios branding.

Going to need a source.
https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ook-at-the-future-of-gaming-on-playstation-5/

Update: We have decided to postpone the PlayStation 5 event scheduled for June 4.

While we understand gamers worldwide are excited to see PS5 games, we do not feel that right now is a time for celebration and for now, we want to stand back and allow more important voices to be heard.

I actually think now is a good time to announce it, give us something to look at other than Riots and Corona news.

https://blog.playstation.com/2020/0...ook-at-the-future-of-gaming-on-playstation-5/

Update: We have decided to postpone the PlayStation 5 event scheduled for June 4.

While we understand gamers worldwide are excited to see PS5 games, we do not feel that right now is a time for celebration and for now, we want to stand back and allow more important voices to be heard.

I actually think now is a good time to announce it, give us something to look at other than Riots and Corona news.
The event is delayed, okay. Sony has always been a good virtue signaling mega corporation, so no surprise they would do something idiotic like this.

I'm disappointed but I understand why they are doing it...hopefully it won't be a long delay...

I agree it would be nice to have some other sort of news and was really looking forward to this.

The event is delayed, okay. Sony has always been a good virtue signaling mega corporation, so no surprise they would do something idiotic like this.
I’d hardly call this idiotic. It’s them showing they’re not completely tone deaf to current events. Regardless of their motive it’s probably the correct the move and it likely will garner some goodwill from those taking it at face value.

Reactions: T4rd
like this
I'm more excited about a PC/PS5 port to Bloodborne than anything new they're going to spring on us. Well, that and (hopefully) something new in the Uncharted universe.

I'm more excited about a PC/PS5 port to Bloodborne than anything new they're going to spring on us. Well, that and (hopefully) something new in the Uncharted universe.

With Uncharted, they've confirmed that Nathan's story is done.

I'd be down with them continuing the series with a different character, but what "treasure" would we hunt next?

With Uncharted, they've confirmed that Nathan's story is done.

I'd be down with them continuing the series with a different character, but what "treasure" would we hunt next?

I see a lot of room with Sully's past. There are also the much easier routes of just continuing with Sam, Chloe, or Nate's daughter, too.
Location-wise, North America hasn't really been touched. At least outside of flashbacks and cut scenes. Central and Eastern Europe haven't really been featured much either.

I mostly agree, except for whatever's in store for the Gran Turismo franchise.

the biggest takeaway for me from this event is the graphics on the PS5 games look absolutely insane...even that new game about a cat looked gorgeous...

Digging the PS5 color palette but the shape towards the top looks like a bit uneven (I kept thinking of an Elf from Lord of the rings). Any expectations on the price because I'm reading is somewhere around 700 dollars :S

Back