PS5 price cuts, Digital Edition $400 and disk version $500 at Walmart

It’s sorta kinda a bit of a price drop since the $399 digital edition has been vaporware unless you buy the God of Way bundle for $460. This is just MSRP but you couldn’t buy it for two years. So it’s kind of a deal?

I bought one for my VR room and upcoming PSVR2, don’t need a disc drive for a second PS5 lol

I am seeing he PS5 in stores now here but at this point I am just going to wait on the slim as I don't really need one other than a few exclusives. And TBH I think the current PS5 is kind of ugly.

Reactions: sover
like this
Its a deal because you don't have to buy the stupid Horizon bundle. That game is so boring

Even after the price cut it's still more expensive than the PS4 was.

It’s sorta kinda a bit of a price drop since the $399 digital edition has been vaporware unless you buy the God of Way bundle for $460. This is just MSRP but you couldn’t buy it for two years. So it’s kind of a deal?
That's some pandemic circular logic there. When any form of availability is considered a deal.

It's like we all got brainwashed the past two years as to what a deal actually is. So I don't blame anyone for thinking this is a "deal".

That's some pandemic circular logic there. When any form of availability is considered a deal.

It's like we all got brainwashed the past two years as to what a deal actually is. So I don't blame anyone for thinking this is a "deal".
We’re all in this together!

I got a regular, non bundled, disc PS5 at Walmart.com over a year ago for $499. It was my Christmas present to myself in 2021.

They've been relatively easy to get if you look at the right spots

As a note if you DON'T have a PS5 yet. Might as well wait a bit. The Pro/Slim models are speculated to come out this year.

We recently got 3 pallets of them I just moded mine tossed the white controller got a camo one and Purple plates.

Last edited:
As a note if you DON'T have a PS5 yet. Might as well wait a bit. The Pro/Slim models are speculated to come out this year.
I am guess no pro model will be released this time. It is going to go straight into PS6. Who cares about the slim model other then it is going to be cheaper by a little. Slims are always cheaply made

PS5 released a 6nm die shrink just a few months ago, I don't think they are going to tape out a new chip again so soon, especially in a recession.

I am guess no pro model will be released this time. It is going to go straight into PS6. Who cares about the slim model other then it is going to be cheaper by a little. Slims are always cheaply made

I think the current PS5 is ass ugly and gigantic so I'm certainly waiting on the slim version since I don't really need a PS5 that badly anyway.

I think the current PS5 is ass ugly and gigantic so I'm certainly waiting on the slim version since I don't really need a PS5 that badly anyway.
Don't care how it looks. Fits perfectly fine in my entertainment center. Being bigger means better cooling and quite.

Don't care how it looks. Fits perfectly fine in my entertainment center. Being bigger means better cooling and quite.
Wow so people have different opinions? And just because it's big does not mean it's going to run cooler and quieter than a slim version. Every time I've ever gotten a slim version of a console it's actually been cooler and quieter than the larger version it replaced.

I got smaller, Matte black side panels with better airflow, and then a more stable and appealing horizontal mount for mine.

Of course, my entertainment center currently has 10 consoles hooked up concurrently, so my idea of "visually appealing" might be different from yours. I mainly needed the slight size reduction.

Back