PS5 And Xbox Series X Scalpers Are Charging A Big Premium

deruberhanyok

[H]ard|Gawd
I'm actually surprised it has been such a thing without any really strong launch titles for either of them. So far the big draw appears to be... "play the same games you were playing before but at higher framerates!"

Which, to be fair, is a pretty nice selling point, but it's also a bit off that these didn't both launch with a couple of big exclusives. Most of the games announced so far are also coming to the previous console (with Xbox especially, it seems), so I don't understand the big rush to get one at all.

cybereality

Supreme [H]ardness
Probably the same reason people upgrade their PC non-stop but then play the same old games.

I'm playing the first F.E.A.R. right now, love that game. Also, on Series X you can play all older Xbox titles, that is a pretty big draw for people with collections.

For me, I gave my PS4 to a friend of mine, thinking I could get a PS5 at launch but that looks very unlikely that I'll see one at MSRP before next year.

Marees

Gawd
In a recent interview with the Russian news agency TASS, Sony CEO Jim Ryan discussed the stock situation for the PS5, among other things about the new console. He discussed the challenges of launching a major product like the PS5 in the middle of a pandemic:

“Of all the things that I’ve learned this year, one is that I wouldn’t plan on doing another big console launch in the midst of a global pandemic, and I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody else. It’s been difficult, it’s been challenging from the production side, not being able to get anybody into the factories in Asia”

https://www.mysmartprice.com/gear/sony-ps5-sold-no-india-launch/

Comixbooks

[H]F Junkie
The only PS that was fun for me was PS3 which Had Demon Souls 11 years ago same game as the PS5. I mean if you really want a PS5 buy a PS3.

Marees

Gawd
The BBC has a rather fascinating look at shopping bots in the wake of all this, something they say has the largest market in the sneaker industry, where new releases and instant sellouts of valuable shoes are common. Some “snipe” bots may just alert you to the moment stock goes up on a site, but more advanced bots can automatically take you all the way through checkout.

The BBC spoke to a former GameStop director who spoke about how widespread this issue is:

"At times, more than 60% of our traffic - across hundreds of millions of visitors a day - was bots or scrapers. Especially in the run-up to big launches."

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...x-series-x-stock-a-nightmare/?sh=13c414e8238d

Raekwon

[H]ard|Gawd
Nobody is going to actually pay for those. That is someone fucking with them. $950-1100 seems to be the going rate on ebay. As we get closer to Christmas with desperate parents, that might increase slightly.
Locally in the Midwest the rate is about 750-800 for XSX and 900 for PS5. Cash, no transaction fees.

Silentbob343

[H]ard|Gawd
The BBC has a rather fascinating look at shopping bots in the wake of all this, something they say has the largest market in the sneaker industry, where new releases and instant sellouts of valuable shoes are common. Some “snipe” bots may just alert you to the moment stock goes up on a site, but more advanced bots can automatically take you all the way through checkout.

The BBC spoke to a former GameStop director who spoke about how widespread this issue is:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paulta...x-series-x-stock-a-nightmare/?sh=13c414e8238d
The notification bots no longer get the job done. Many are moving to the checkout bots.