PS4's sabotaged by forced migrant workers/students?

Godmachine

[H]F Junkie
http://kotaku.com/rumor-foxconn-int..._source=Kotaku_Facebook&utm_medium=Socialflow

Last month, Kotaku reported that student interns were allegedly forced to manufacture the PlayStation 4. Now, there are rumors that some of those student interns sabotaged Sony's gaming console.P

Unlike the launch PS3, which was made in Japan, the PlayStation 4 was outsourced to Foxconn and allegedly manufactured at its plant in the Chinese city of Yantai.

Recently, however, another forum thread appeared on another Xi'an Technological University North Institute thread. In it, one commenter allegedly wrote:

"If the system is broken, don't blame us students. When we were studying, they shipped in 20,000 migrant workers from Guizhou. On top of that, there were also many Yantai local students and long-time Foxconn workers at the factories. The people that made the news were us Xi'an Technological University North Institute students. We're not even 1/10 of the workers at Foxconn. So don't blame the issue on us Chinese students, and don't talk about Foxconn on this board. You have no idea how hard it was to work in the factories as a recent high school graduate. Feel free to ask questions about the PS4 but not about Foxconn. Those with dirty mouths aren't welcome."

If you have a problem, go find quality control. We were only in charge of manufacturing. :)

This same forum user blamed the Taiwanese for the tough working conditions at Foxconn, which is a Taiwanese, and not Chinese, company.P

Then, there were also alleged online comments in which workers (it's unclear if they were students or not) apparently talked about spitting in consoles and taking parts out of the factory.

:eek::eek:

The odd part is that the news stories in China regarding the internship sabotage allegations all seem to stem from the IGN forum, meaning that ultimately, all of this is based off of alleged sources—something that certainly should be taken into account. Ditto for the fact that the IGN forum member who uploaded these images has been an IGN forum member since last Friday. P

That member, Qbroid, made a post after the thread he or she created on IGN was locked down. In it, Qbroid explained that he or she was simply bringing over content that had been online in China for months before bringing it over to IGN's forums, adding that while he or she indeed could not guarantee whether the original thread's content was genuine, ignoring it is like "burying one's head in the sand.

Wow , quite the story. Now its possible it could be bullshit but considering Foxconn and how it treats its workers .. I somehow find this not so hard to believe.

Last edited:
There is only one rule in life. Never trust Foxconn, a company whose name ends with Con.
Either way, I thought about getting PS4 from Amazon but will now buy locally so I can exchange, refund etc as needed in case of bad console. I think it has been zeroed in as to where the faulty units were made and/or who got them (mostly Amazon). See some Amazon user reports. There are 592 pissed off customers with DOA consoles writing tons of useful information on Amazon.

i dont understand how these issues, if pruposely sabotaged, got past quality control.

unless QC was in on it too.

three cheers for outsourcing!!! :(

I wonder how many dead consoles will come out of this.

Didn't IGN shutdown their article about this and even NeoGaf laughed it off.

The Xbox one is being made at the same damn place

You sure about that? I cant find a single source online to support that. I havent been able to find anythinf about where its being manufactured.

And the issue was sony forcing them to work overtime that was unpaid. Which there has been no evidence of microsoft doing the same

According to posts on GAF the Xbox one is being made in Brazil at the same place they have been making the 360 slims.

Flextronics is the primary manufacturer for the Xbox One. Foxconn will make some Xbox Ones.

According to posts on GAF the Xbox one is being made in Brazil at the same place they have been making the 360 slims.

Foxcon has places in China, Brazil, Europe, India, Japan, Malaysia and Mexico.

FYI, Foxcon had dealings with Acer Inc., Amazon.com, Apple Inc., Cisco, Dell, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Motorola Mobility, Nintendo, Nokia, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio and more.

Not defending Sony but chances are something in your house is from Foxconn.

Foxcon has places in China, Brazil, Europe, India, Japan, Malaysia and Mexico.

FYI, Foxcon had dealings with Acer Inc., Amazon.com, Apple Inc., Cisco, Dell, Google, Hewlett-Packard, Microsoft, Motorola Mobility, Nintendo, Nokia, Sony, Toshiba, Vizio and more.

Not defending Sony but chances are something in your house is from Foxconn.

I know that couldn't think of the name. It's flextronics , that's what I meant it sounds like most will be made there and some at foxcon.

Shit happens stuff breaks mine works fine from the little I tested it.

Unhappy customers are always the loudest.

The Brazil one is for the Brazillian market mainly, because the factory isn't ready yet (but the tax breaks are already a done deal, which makes sense as just building the factory already generates work)

I know that couldn't think of the name. It's flextronics , that's what I meant it sounds like most will be made there and some at foxcon.

Shit happens stuff breaks mine works fine from the little I tested it.

Unhappy customers are always the loudest.

So because yours works fine the people who received DOA or bricked consoles are full of it and just a vocal minority? There are over 600 1 star reviews on amazon, most of which are because they received defective units. The troubleshooting thread on GAF is now at over 20 pages or postings with people having issues and others replying

So because yours works fine the people who received DOA or bricked consoles are full of it and just a vocal minority? There are over 600 1 star reviews on amazon, most of which are because they received defective units. The troubleshooting thread on GAF is now at over 20 pages or postings with people having issues and others replying

Not what I said, I've never defended Sony. Look at my posts most would accuse me of being an Xbox fanboy.

So don't try picking a fucking fight.

Not what I said, I've never defended Sony. Look at my posts most would accuse me of being an Xbox fanboy.

So don't try picking a fucking fight.

Yeah no, it is what you said in your post by implication at least.

Mine works fine. Those with defective units are the loudest, its exactly what you said

Mine works fine. Those with defective units are the loudest, its exactly what you said

What I said means, with ANY product people with issues are always more vocal than people without. Not just the god damn PlayStation.

I shouldn't have said shit and won't post about my experience with the product I'll leave it to the complainers then. Good day.

BTW, if there is a problem with your console, I doubt the store you purchased it from will let you exchange it. My bet is, you'll have to send it to sony for warranty work (1 year, which is pretty neat)

And that is basically true, with a million units shipped having 5% defects that's 50,000 people. If they had shipped 300k that's only 3,000 people.

I'm sure there are people having issues, but given the very nature of the circumstances the amount of people being vocal is to be expected.

If Microsoft has the same type of issues come up at the rate we are seeing here assuming they ship over a million I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

I would be interested to know how many of the Amazon reviews are certified owners and how many are much like you who make it a point to downplay everything positive and exaggerate everything negative or post fake reviews.

Btw did you get your PS4? I am still waiting on the receipt for that and the Xbox One come Friday.

And that is basically true, with a million units shipped having 5% defects that's 50,000 people. If they had shipped 300k that's only 3,000 people.

I'm sure there are people having issues, but given the very nature of the circumstances the amount of people being vocal is to be expected.

If Microsoft has the same type of issues come up at the rate we are seeing here assuming they ship over a million I wouldn't be shocked in the least.

I would be interested to know how many of the Amazon reviews are certified owners and how many are much like you who make it a point to downplay everything positive and exaggerate everything negative or post fake reviews.

Btw did you get your PS4? I am still waiting on the receipt for that and the Xbox One come Friday.

A high percentage of the reviewers are certified owners, not all of course but also the 5 star reviews theres a fairly high percentage of reviews before the date of the console release, going all the way back to when it first went up on the website. And :rolleyes: at the fact that you feel like i should even prove my purchase to a random ass person online, like i give a shit that much

A high percentage of the reviewers are certified owners, not all of course but also the 5 star reviews theres a fairly high percentage of reviews before the date of the console release, going all the way back to when it first went up on the website. And :rolleyes: at the fact that you feel like i should even prove my purchase to a random ass person online, like i give a shit that much

You spend, on average, about 4 hours a day talking about the xbone vs. ps4, so I'd assume you do gift that much fecal matter.

There will be a mass exodus of Asian workers very soon, if not already. :D

bad joke :(

If it's really true, I suppose the company gets what it deserves for inhuman treatment.

You spend, on average, about 4 hours a day talking about the xbone vs. ps4, so I'd assume you do gift that much fecal matter.

Shit gets thrown every which way in console war bullshit. He might be near the top on shit talking, but he's definitely not alone.

Shit gets thrown every which way in console war bullshit. He might be near the top on shit talking, but he's definitely not alone.

I used to participate in it, but I honestly don't know why. The difference between each console is just a tradeoff in limitations. Even the few console playing friends I have now are not too excited about any of the "next gen".

Let's be frank, I have not seen anyone even remotely as close as him. At least teletran doesn't try and hide his favortism.

I used to participate in it, but I honestly don't know why. The difference between each console is just a tradeoff in limitations. Even the few console playing friends I have now are not too excited about any of the "next gen".

Im curious how much of that has to do with how long in the tooth the old consoles were. I wonder how demand/hype would be if they came out 2-3 years ago. Hardware of course wouldnt be as much of a monumental jump for either console but there might be some acceptance in just owning a ps3 and not getting the ps4 due to how long the ps3 and 360 lasted.

that along with meh launch lineups for both systems (seems as though the One's titles are getting generally higher scores in terms of exclusives) but aside from the hardware in the ps4, and the OS/living room integration on the One, theres not a whole lot of reason to be excited yet

I play on consoles too, but honestly, it's just not worth being an early adopter anymore. You're waiting for games to come out for a while, there's a chance that your console will have a limited lifespan (or be DOA), and there's always the chance that the game you were really really wanted to buy the console for is no longer an exclusive for your console anyways. And the development time for console games is getting so long, that launch titles are often either buggy or just needed another year in development to be the game they promised.

Honestly, anyone who tells you that they know exactly how things are going to play out are lying to themselves, mostly.

Let's be frank, I have not seen anyone even remotely as close as him. At least teletran doesn't try and hide his favortism.

I've found Teletran to be worse, just by his high preponderance of finding a thread and shitting on it.

Oh I have no doubt it has a ton of fake 5 stars, but you again fail to address the point I made.

You won't post it because your not buying it. You didn't even post a PSN ID in other thread and not a single post of yours has ever been positive.

You said you own ALL consoles and your not a fanboy, so excuse me if you fail to present yourself as anything but.

Oh I have no doubt it has a ton of fake 5 stars, but you again fail to address the point I made.

You won't post it because your not buying it. You didn't even post a PSN ID in other thread and not a single post of yours has ever been positive.

You said you own ALL consoles and your not a fanboy, so excuse me if you fail to present yourself as anything but.

clearly you ignore my post in the first impressions thread. I bought a PS4, a second controller, Killzone, NBA 2K14, Lego super heroes, Injustice, and COD Ghosts if you must know. And no, im not going to post a receipt because frankly im tired of dealing with your idiotic, non-contributing posts

clearly you ignore my post in the first impressions thread. I bought a PS4, a second controller, Killzone, NBA 2K14, Lego super heroes, Injustice, and COD Ghosts if you must know. And no, im not going to post a receipt because frankly im tired of dealing with your idiotic, non-contributing posts

PSN ID? No?

You paid over 700 dollars for something you absolutely hate.....

Right.

PSN ID? No?

You paid over 700 dollars for something you absolutely hate.....

Right.

I never ever ever ever EVER said i hated the PS4. Like I have ALWAYS said, i call out bullshit, when i see bullshit. PERIOD. And try my username here maybe something will pop up on psn ;) your freaking obsessive dude, im considering referring you to a mental health institution

Im curious how much of that has to do with how long in the tooth the old consoles were. I wonder how demand/hype would be if they came out 2-3 years ago. Hardware of course wouldnt be as much of a monumental jump for either console but there might be some acceptance in just owning a ps3 and not getting the ps4 due to how long the ps3 and 360 lasted.

that along with meh launch lineups for both systems (seems as though the One's titles are getting generally higher scores in terms of exclusives) but aside from the hardware in the ps4, and the OS/living room integration on the One, theres not a whole lot of reason to be excited yet

Let's put it this way - if it weren't for the incredibly ridiculous load times for savegames and stuff in GTA5, none of them would be looking at these consoles for another year or more. I think the WOW factor wore off years ago when it comes to graphics and under-the-hood horsepower.

It's going to take a year or so for these consoles to be interesting at all.

I never ever ever ever EVER said i hated the PS4. Like I have ALWAYS said, i call out bullshit, when i see bullshit. PERIOD. And try my username here maybe something will pop up on psn ;) your freaking obsessive dude, im considering referring you to a mental health institution

Yea I looked a long time ago, zero trophies, no friends and no last login info.

Yea I looked a long time ago, zero trophies, no friends and no last login info.

Ill need to check when i get home, work firewalls block sonys playstation related sites.

Its either VladDracule, VladDracule585 (or some other number) or TheDragon585, or something related. I switched my email address when i signed up for ps+ like 2-3 months ago.

Before then my PS3 wasnt ever online and i did updates by external storage. Fat PS3 has a shitty wireless adapter and the connection is shoddy at best to where it couldnt even download a full update. Only way i got my 360 online consistently was by buying the external adapter and even then it coughs sometimes on updates and they fail.

I believe TheDragon585 may be my PS+ account i tried logging in with my phone but cell service at the office is horrible too, but if i remember it has at least vita related stuff on it.

Ill need to check when i get home, work firewalls block sonys playstation related sites.

Its either VladDracule, VladDracule585 (or some other number) or TheDragon585, or something related. I switched my email address when i signed up for ps+ like 2-3 months ago.

Before then my PS3 wasnt ever online and i did updates by external storage. Fat PS3 has a shitty wireless adapter and the connection is shoddy at best to where it couldnt even download a full update. Only way i got my 360 online consistently was by buying the external adapter and even then it coughs sometimes on updates and they fail.

I believe TheDragon585 may be my PS+ account i tried logging in with my phone but cell service at the office is horrible too, but if i remember it has at least vita related stuff on it.

I thought you were getting Ghosts on PC?

TheDragon585 is the one that worked, I sent a friend request lmao.

Oh and you mentioned Killzone in your first impression post and it's not showing up on that account.

Back