PS4 version 2.0 seems worthy of the number scheme

• Thread starter Deleted member 214115
  • Start date
Yar, I'm giving Sony a bit of leeway because they marketed this system as a 'games console' moreso than a 'all in one media' device - so their lack of multimedia functions doesn't upset me that much. Though it would be nice if they at least had media parity with their previous console and more quality games.

Still, I've said it before, kudos to MS for their software updates. I opted for a PS4 as my personal gaming device, but if I were to pick up a media box for my livingroom it'd be either a HTPC or a XBone.

Not sure if you're referring to the PS4 as a 'fat ugly bastard' and us as 'really hot chick's. But if so... thanks for the compliment!

Lol.
Yeah, Kudos to MS, it would seem that between their rigor in providing good updates, great software and services AND console parity they will cause the gap in performcance between the two systems to become moot. The difference isn't really big enough to make a difference now, wait until 4K comes and we go through all this all over again with the PS5 and XB 720-2whatever.

As for my pathetic analogy, the fat ugly bastards are XB1's and the hot chick is all the goodies, update, features, and actualy f-ing followthrough.

Again, the question that you need to ask yourself: You never read the title, nor comprehended it? I didn't need to let it go; never was a problem. However, you are not understanding of the fault that the "comment" is in the title of the thread and the argument of it being a worthy version is what the post is about (q.v. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning).

I can make it easier to understand: Even though the release was not as promised features are continuing to be added to the console making it the little robust machine as designed. With this firmware the owners are finally closer to the product as announced. Even though not all the features announced are not included as of yet, this version of the firmware is worthy of it 2.0 version scheme and therefore can be considered a worthy release.

It is all in the title. Then posted links concerning the upcoming release.

OWNAGE!!!

I understand what he was trying to say its not that difficult and the 2 other people asking what is his point, obviously are not as smart as the 3rd and 4th guy...lol..Fun times!

I purchased a PS4 thinking that I would have all of these now called "updates".
I was so disappointed with the release. I don't think they will ever make it up but
we can be hopeful !

One of the main issues is, most likely, the segmentation of the market that many of the companies wish to do. With PS TV particular functions may not be available to the PS4 due to the technical offering that the PS TV will supposedly [should] have. I have my bases covered and not affected by the lack DLNA. But I do understand functionality that some want, however so do they in the form of profit margins.

Time, will tell exactly what will be included in newer firmwares. One note to point is that Masamune was a great swordsmith in Japanese history, and this firmware is possibly named after him? As I said before-even though some cannot extrapolate from a title, nor comprehend it-it still seems worthy of a good release.

Ambiguous titles aside; Here's hoping that the relatively quietness on Sony's end is just them prepping up for some exciting announcements at their 'Playstation Experience' event.

Ambiguous titles aside; Here's hoping that the relatively quietness on Sony's end is just them prepping up for some exciting announcements at their 'Playstation Experience' event.

I wouldn't hold your breath. They are pretty ahead of Microsoft so they have no reason to rush what works and you all (including myself) won't be able to do anything about it.

This is why having a clear leader in this console race can be a bad thing. Its better when numbers are much closer together.

The difference isn't really big enough to make a difference now, wait until 4K comes and we go through all this all over again with the PS5 and XB 720-2whatever

I hope you're kidding. The difference is already seen in titles being hobbled so that the PS4 / Xbone (AND PC, ugh) versions appear to perform similar, along with absolute BS from publishers as to why. And this is ONE year into their lives. Whats going to happen 3-4 years into this generation? "We found 24FPS is the best way to play this game" ?

I hope you're kidding. The difference is already seen in titles being hobbled so that the PS4 / Xbone (AND PC, ugh) versions appear to perform similar, along with absolute BS from publishers as to why. And this is ONE year into their lives. Whats going to happen 3-4 years into this generation? "We found 24FPS is the best way to play this game" ?

No I hear you, and agree this console parity BS sucks.
What I am saying is that both systems are underpowered and in truth the visible differences are subjective.

I really hope that PS4 exclusives like UC4 showcase the difference in capabilities. But really I only bought a PS4 for like 2 or 3 Sony exclusives. PC for anything else.

This is why having a clear leader in this console race can be a bad thing. Its better when numbers are much closer together.

I can't support that position, the PS1 & PS2 eras were arguably the best in industry history. Primarily because it had an incredible amount of support being the lead platform.

And yes that goes against most everything taught these days but I'm having a hard time thinking of an industry similar to the video games industry where development costs goes up for the products they are releasing on including dramatically larger teams and budgets for each iteration.

All of the features listed were things that I assumed were already included. I'm actually surprised background music was just made available.

You have to use USB sticks so it's asinine in its current state.

They honestly shouldn't have bothered with the USB stick feature.

For a while, I was waiting on DLNA/copy to hard drive playback support. But I've stopped waiting and moved onto Chromecast and casting from my phone, which works pretty well. My PS4 is strictly now for gaming -- and that makes sense.

Sony posted on twitter the update is out next week, Oct. 28th.

Which means, they will attempt to launch the update next week and because there is something actual good about it PSN will grind to a halt and they will push it out two weeks later.

Sorry, Sony is turning me into a pessimist.

Which means, they will attempt to launch the update next week and because there is something actual good about it PSN will grind to a halt and they will push it out two weeks later.

Sorry, Sony is turning me into a pessimist.

As much as I like Sony, this is going to happen 100%.

Hopefully Sony will bring their A-game for this update release, I'm sure they're still stinging from all of the Driveclub network issues.

This thread makes me realize that I should figure out how to turn off the automatic updates on my PS4. Give it a few days to make sure there aren't bricked consoles and whatnot due to the update :D

Thats the developers servers, not PSN.
Unfortunately, PSN has its own problems...

Ah, my bad, I thought it was a PSN issue.

My Vita system update from a week or two ago went smoothly, so I'm hoping the same will happen for my PS4.

All good with the update, so far, this morning. However, the themes as reported by one site have to be downloaded, but are not available at 7:45 Eastern. What is odd about the update is that it is small, and does not take long at all. I was expecting the opposite.

All of the theme colors are fugly except the Darker Blue one =) Grey one is ok too couldn't use the Store to get a actual background.

Whatever they did between this and the vita update today my pstv remote plays perfectly now over wired lan absolutely no game breaking lag

Whatever they did between this and the vita update today my pstv remote plays perfectly now over wired lan absolutely no game breaking lag

That might be the push I need to stop on my way home and pick up a PS TV.

That's cool, I don't remember reading anything about improved Remote Play performance, but if it's true, this update suddenly became exciting to me.

Oh man, I have a Z3 Compact (Had it since last week), and going to try out the remote play on my phone as well as my vita to see if there are any differences. Very exciting news HisSvt76!

Oh crap. I left my PS4 on sleep mode right before work. What does that mean? It's bricked?

Oh crap. I left my PS4 on sleep mode right before work. What does that mean? It's bricked?

I had to unplug it then plug it back in it got passed about that does a scan and booted up but I'm afraid to try that again it can corrupt your stuff

Yep. Exactly, Sony never seems to get their updates right. Many people had problems with the PS3 updates.

Sony, Sony, Sony why do you do these retarded things?
I hope people aren't bricking their consoles because of this.

Booting mine into safe mode and rebuilding the database fixed mine now sleep works again

Never had an issue on my PS3 and my PS4 is fine after this one too. Weird.

Never had an issue on my PS3 and my PS4 is fine after this one too. Weird.

It happens a lot.
The PS support forum and plenty of GAF users had this happen.

I had it happen with fat ps3 never with my super slim and this is the first issue with ps4

Funny I've beta tested every Xbox os ever and never had anything close to this happen.

Maybe Sony should start a beta program?

I'd do it if it helped

Back