Ps4 Pro 1440?

M76

[H]F Junkie
Question is simple, can I use a ps4 pro with a QHD display? Will it work or will it revert to 1080p?

It will revert to 1080p. Kinda crappy, especially since alot of ps4 pro games top out at 1440p anyway.

XboneX is supposed to support 1440p in a upcoming patch, hopefully that will be popular and get Sony to support it as well (if they can).

I would like 1440p support as well for my monitor. The problem also is related to HDCP support. Anything higher than 1080p might require HDCP 2

I would like 1440p support as well for my monitor. The problem also is related to HDCP support. Anything higher than 1080p might require HDCP 2
Why do you need hdcp for games anyway, lame.

So if I use a QHD monitor with a PS4 PRO, it will work as if it is a regular old PS4? Or will games look and run better? Will it still render at 1440 just downscale to 1080?

Why do you need hdcp for games anyway, lame.

So if I use a QHD monitor with a PS4 PRO, it will work as if it is a regular old PS4? Or will games look and run better? Will it still render at 1440 just downscale to 1080?

The game will still render at 1440p or so up to 4K (depends on the game) and then just be supersampled down to 1080p for your monitor, so there is still a moderate benefit to playing on a 1080p display with a Pro console. Some games allow you to choose between higher IQ or framerate at 1080P or higher resolution (TLoU remastered and Rise of the Tomb Raider come to mind) as well on the Pro. But most Pro-patched games will simply just be downsampled to 1080p and will just have a bit cleaner look to them compared to the base console. Not sure I would still recommend a Pro for use on a 1080p TV though and hard to say for a 1440p monitor without seeing them used side by side with a Pro console.

Back