PS4 owners can finally change their user ID

Eshelmen

Supreme [H]ardness
https://blog.us.playstation.com/201...-bPhHMpbPCpTa_2rgLsrWUEjBD9rAK9qjoxTwKToYiRco

"We’re excited to announce that the online ID change feature on PSN is officially launching to all PlayStation 4 owners later today. You’ll also be able to change your online ID via a web browser, and that feature will also be available starting today. Thanks to all of you who participated in the beta preview program back in October/November and who gave us your feedback!

We do want to take this opportunity to clarify one point – as a result of the preview program, we’ve found an instance where a game did not fully support the feature, even though it was originally published after April 1, 2018, contrary to what we mentioned in our original announcement. All PS4 games originally published on or after April 1, 2018 have been developed to support the online ID change feature. However, since they have not all been specifically tested with the feature, we cannot guarantee that they will support it. For more details and information, we encourage you to refer to the list of tested gamesbefore making a change to your online ID. Do keep in mind that the large majority of most actively played PS4 games support the feature."

After 10 years, I can finally change my user ID that I've spent thousands of dollars in software on.

Maybe next well get this option in Steam?

I'm still using an accidental typo in my login name from 2003 when I first signed up :p
You can change the name that appears on your profile page and in games, but I don't know about the account name. I think I may have back in 2005, but I may have actually deleted my original CS 1.6 account and created a new one when Half-Life 2 came out.

I'm still using an accidental typo in my login name from 2003 when I first signed up :p

Yeah not being able to change logins sucks, I don't even have the same email associated yet my account name is an old email I no longer use.

tenor.gif

Yippee we can change our PSN id finally... except it will break a bunch of games and screw up DLC from what I read. And only the first one is free, after that they want real money.

I don't love mine but I can live with it. But yeah if your PSN id has been something like "Milfhunter6969" for all these years, a change might be nice.

This feature is now live. Can confirm, as I already used it.

If anyone has issues, please let us know!

I’m using a defunct cellular provider with a short random string of numbers after it because that was the mousepad we had at the time.

Ahhh to be an utterly stupid teen....

As for my PSN id. Well I’ll keep rocking that one. Waaaay back on Kingdom of Loathing circa 2003ish I made the name leetpants. Continued it on a random forum during the Wii and 360 vs PS3 era. Semi switched to my current user name by just initialing leetpants to it.....

Almost rather wish I’d stuck with leetpants. Ahhh to be an utterly stupid teen.

Back