PS4 Mic recommendations?

dragnandy

Limp Gawd
Right now I have the free/default mic given when you buy a ps4. I'm not really looking for good sound quality headphones, but a good mic. Quality sound input you can say.

My main problem is that the current free mic has trouble picking up my voice. All my friends say my voice is soft and quiet, but the mic is dangling down near my neck, so it doesn't seem too far off. Also, the earpiece is a little uncomforable so there's that,too.

Hows the mic quality on the ps vita headset? I like those because its not over the head/ear and has earphones rather than headphones. But again, the mic quality is priority over the in-game/chat audio.

If you're looking for a good headset with good mic pickup, consider your budget options.

For example, I have several friends with the PX 22 headsets. Wired of course, yet comfortable for most, these will cost anywhere between $50 and $75.
However, one of my buddies lives next to a train track that is heavily in use, you can hear the train coming and he lives a good hundred yards away. This is no bueno for me. The ability to hear your friend passing gas or opening his room door isn't very appealing to me.

However, I have the Turtlebeach Stealth 400. In the same location as my friend, nobody could hear the train in the background, and I even stood outside with it, and they couldn't hear it. As well, it's wireless, great sound and very comfortable with a battery life of up to 15 hours.

These will cost you anywhere from 90$ to $105.

Worth it?Absolutely.

As well, I've never had issues with anyone saying they could barely hear me.

Also to further note, the ps4 default mic headset thingy is rather funky and it requires you to have your mic relatively close to your mouth ANd to make sure it isn't covered up. I recommend clipping it to your shirt collar to fully utilize it.

Also, most decent headsets have nobs to control ingame and voice chat to let you decide what volume everything should be set at.

Back