PS4 DOA (red line of death)

1 million PS4's sold @ .4%

so thats only 4000 units with problems. Most companies would take that failure rate any day of the week.:cool:

My point exactly in my other posts. The broken ones will always grab attention. Just like people with complaints are always the ones that do surveys and feedback.

Hooked mine up installed a 1tb Hitachi drive tested resogun no issues boxed it back up wrapped it and put it under the tree for Xmas. Got mine from Gamestop.
My plan as well. Always nice to up the HDD. Thanks for the feedback. And enjoy Xmas (don't think I could hold off but cheers!!)

Are you serious? WTF! There was nothing sarcastic in major nelsons tweet.

Seriously where the hell do people like this come from.

Anything made by man is going to have issues this is a high profile item of course we will hear every story of a bad one and very few good reports.

You can't make stuff like that up. That is literally how people in the Sony Defense Force literally think.

If you still believe the .4% number your beyond naive

This, I find it hard to believe it's really .4%. That would be incredibly good for a piece of new consumer electronics.

Based on what I'm seeing online, the number is probably still really low, and very much within acceptable standards. But I doubt it's only .4%. Of course Sony is going to fudge the numbers, just like any other high profile consumer product release.

Even if it's not that low its much lower than the RROD percentage and that's the bar of failure they should be concerned about.

.4% is 4000 consoles... seems like a lot, but to be honest I don't see 4000 news tidbits or users complaining....

if you have 1m consoles out there, the odds of shit breaking is pretty high... I mean... look at that idiot in florida that smashed a ps4... lol

Queue "pulsating blue dickpunch of sadness"....

.4% is 4000 consoles... seems like a lot, but to be honest I don't see 4000 news tidbits or users complaining....

if you have 1m consoles out there, the odds of shit breaking is pretty high... I mean... look at that idiot in florida that smashed a ps4... lol

Queue "pulsating blue dickpunch of sadness"....
There is over ~800 on amazon right now.

Perception is reality right? ;)

Nope, but it certainly paints an accurate picture. Rewind 8 years and the console gaming forum would be riddled with RRoD threads, and that's with a console that had first week sales of 300-400k, versus 1 million with the PS4. When shit works, people quietly enjoy it. When it doesn't, people rage as loud as they can so everyone knows it. There's no denying that the amount of people having issues in relation to the amount of consoles sold is much lower than previous console releases have seen.

Nope, but it certainly paints an accurate picture. Rewind 8 years and the console gaming forum would be riddled with RRoD threads, and that's with a console that had first week sales of 300-400k, versus 1 million with the PS4. When shit works, people quietly enjoy it. When it doesn't, people rage as loud as they can so everyone knows it. There's no denying that the amount of people having issues in relation to the amount of consoles sold is much lower than previous console releases have seen.

Yeah....no. the xbox 360 didnt rrod on day one. In fact it had an extremely successful launch with very very few defects being reported. You can downplay it, it may not be an issue but the fact that sony is acknowledging it publicly and publicly stating there is no one cause it disturbing

Since Amazon had a high volume of PS4's to work with, and let's say there are 4k bad units out there and keep in mind if you bought it off amazon, there is a high chance that if it was bad, you'd be immediately be on that site trying to get a replacement and be vocal on it...

800 posts is not 800 bad units...

Locally, between friends, family, coworkers that got one in store/pre-order, they aren't complaining, or rather if one did, they exchanged it first day.

This, I find it hard to believe it's really .4%. That would be incredibly good for a piece of new consumer electronics.

Based on what I'm seeing online, the number is probably still really low, and very much within acceptable standards. But I doubt it's only .4%. Of course Sony is going to fudge the numbers, just like any other high profile consumer product release.

That number was quoted from last week around Tuesday, before the console was actually released. Those were from people receiving the console from promotions or game reviewers.

Since Amazon had a high volume of PS4's to work with, and let's say there are 4k bad units out there and keep in mind if you bought it off amazon, there is a high chance that if it was bad, you'd be immediately be on that site trying to get a replacement and be vocal on it...

800 posts is not 800 bad units...

Locally, between friends, family, coworkers that got one in store/pre-order, they aren't complaining, or rather if one did, they exchanged it first day.

Did I say I was going off posts there is 800 one star reviews of over 2500 reviews total bricked consoles make up the majority of those reviews and each review sites not just equal 1 console some are 2-4 and some bricked ones are 2-4 star reviews too. So estimated number based on number of 1 star reviews is about 800 +- some consoles.

Yeah....no. the xbox 360 didnt rrod on day one. In fact it had an extremely successful launch with very very few defects being reported. You can downplay it, it may not be an issue but the fact that sony is acknowledging it publicly and publicly stating there is no one cause it disturbing
Your comments lead me to believe you think a design defect that killed nearly 50% of original 360's is better than a .4% failure of PS4 which is looking like sabotage. I believe you have now reached an all time high on the fanboy scale.

Yyyyyesss yesssssss soon all console fanboys will start a massive war with eachother that will span decades until the only ones standing will be the computer elitists :D

I read your post clearly. I'm still in shock that you're even making a comparison of the two.

I wasnt the one who made the comparison i replied to the post that did, and stated the fact that the 360 did not launch with very many defects in its early going. It took months(years) before the RROD came out in full force

It's far to early to be making any assumptions about the durability of the PS4 and Xbox One, regardless of what happens at launch. Both companies have shown in the past that they will do what it takes to make things right, so you shouldn't be affraid to buy either console.

Back