Ps4 controller to pc, do you have to resync?

Stiler

[H]F Junkie
So I was about to punk down the money for a new xbox controller to use on my pc, but remebered I had a ps4 controller.

The way I have things setup it's a huge PITA having to pull my ps4 out and sync up the controller and everything.

I was wondering for anyone that uses a ps4 controller via USB on your pc, once you use it on the pc, when you unplug it do you have to resync it to your ps4? Or can you simply unplug it and have it still paired to your ps4 and able to turn it on/off, etc?

Thanks.

It works without having to do anything you probably figured it out by now.

If my ps4 controller is synced with the ps4 and I plug it in with usb to my pc it works on the pc but still synced to ps4 if I hit the ps4 home button.

I think it will even turn on the ps4 if I hit the home button while its plugged into the computer

You must sync it to the PC (or anything other than the PS4, the controller only accepts ONE bind at a time.).
Plugging it USB will work immediately as a directinput device, but if you didnt sync it to another device(your PC), it will still be bound to the last synced device (your PS4). Hence the home button doing that.

You dont have to setup Xinput emulation or drivers for bluetooth, if you really just want to use it wired(I'd recommend it though, its super easy). Just have windows sync the controller once and that is enough to break the bind to the PS4

Back