PS4: $399, no online authentication, no used game restrictions...(Post E3 discussion)

but see you are so blindly defending the product you are ignoring logic same goes for ballistic.

you act like i am attacking the ps4/xbone because i think theyre shitty or something

consoles definitely have their place and i have a launch edition ps4 from amazon ready and preordered man. im excited as shit. but that doesnt mean im not gonna be realistic.

i would like the games to always have 1080p/60fps. but that ISNT realistic. its not going to happen. you will sacrifice these things for graphical improvements thats just common knowledge.

this conversation holds little weight either way though. but in a few years im going to necro the shit out of this thread when we start seeing games at 720p/30fps :p

I don't even...

I mean

Do I need to post YouTube videos showing Uncharted 1 - The Last of Us? We straight out gave a perfectly executed analysis of a series of games all 720p/30, all from the same development studio, and each one raised the bar.

Uncharted 1 had dips, 2 had dips, 3 had dips and Last of Us had dips.

Uncharted 1 looks like ass, 2 looks good, 3 looks great and Last of Us took home the prize.

Uncharted 1 didn't have much of anything on screen, Uncharted 2 had drastically more, Uncharted 3 was around the same and Last of Us has more.

GTA V vs 4 is another good example ballistic mentioned, and yet your rebuttal was V runs like shit.

Did you play 4 on the consoles? Do you even understand what your trying to argue?

I don't even...

I mean

Do I need to post YouTube videos showing Uncharted 1 - The Last of Us? We straight out gave a perfectly executed analysis of a series of games all 720p/30, all from the same development studio, and each one raised the bar.

Uncharted 1 had dips, 2 had dips, 3 had dips and Last of Us had dips.

Uncharted 1 looks like ass, 2 looks good, 3 looks great and Last of Us took home the prize.

Uncharted 1 didn't have much of anything on screen, Uncharted 2 had drastically more, Uncharted 3 was around the same and Last of Us has more.

GTA V vs 4 is another good example ballistic mentioned, and yet your rebuttal was V runs like shit.

Did you play 4 on the consoles? Do you even understand what your trying to argue?

rofl youre so full of shit dude.

the only issue the first uncharted had was screen tearing. it was visual and shitty development on naughty dogs part.

uncharted 3 had frame rate issues and guess what. its cause it looked the best.

more graphical prowess = less fps.

how long have you been around dude? i cant believe you are actually trying to argue the opposite lmao.

gta 4 ran fine on consoles, shittier draw distance and shittier graphics = smoother game.

rocket science bro

rofl youre so full of shit dude.

the only issue the first uncharted had was screen tearing. it was visual and shitty development on naughty dogs part.

uncharted 3 had frame rate issues and guess what. its cause it looked the best.

more graphical prowess = less fps.

how long have you been around dude? i cant believe you are actually trying to argue the opposite lmao.

gta 4 ran fine on consoles, shittier draw distance and shittier graphics = smoother game.

rocket science bro

Be honest, have you played any of the games I've mentioned?

Also how old are you?

This should be industry 101 stuff, especially here on [H].

Be honest, have you played any of the games I've mentioned?

Also how old are you?

This should be industry 101 stuff, especially here on [H].

i agree. i think if you ask just about anybody here who has played any video game ever. they understand that when the graphical prowess of a game increases after a developer gets more familiar with a dev kit the HARDWARE DOESNT RUN THE GAME AS WELL.

thats fuckin common sense

yes ive played all the games mentioned. thats how i know you have autism.

i agree. i think if you ask just about anybody here who has played any video game ever. they understand that when the graphical prowess of a game increases after a developer gets more familiar with a dev kit the HARDWARE DOESNT RUN THE GAME AS WELL.

thats fuckin common sense

yes ive played all the games mentioned. thats how i know you have autism.

I'll roll with what your saying, it just takes the entire life cycle of every console ever made to get the developers "more familiar".

Never mind updated tools, engines, etc.

Sort of like how Cerny specifically mentioned increases to performance and ease of use with updates to their development kits and software throughout the PS1,PS2,and PS3 years. I could go on and on here but the point is lost on you.

I'll roll with what your saying, it just takes the entire life cycle of every console ever made to get the developers "more familiar".

Never mind updated tools, engines, etc.

Sort of like how Cerny specifically mentioned increases to performance and ease of use with updates to their development kits and software throughout the PS1,PS2,and PS3 years. I could go on and on here but the point is lost on you.

thats because you have no point. because with updated engines comes more features and less performance out of the same hardware you were using with the first engine.

same hardware, more features = less performance

^ again rocket science

thats because you have no point. because with updated engines comes more features and less performance out of the same hardware you were using with the first engine.

same hardware, more features = less performance

^ again rocket science

Nvidia and AMD driver performance increases, same principle. Both Sony and Microsoft will continue to update their tools and drivers throughout the life of the consoles just like every other console made. If your comments were true (they aren't) we would have been playing Halo 4 and TLoU at 540p at 15fps. They don't "set it and forget it" as soon as the platforms are released, the hardware is obviously the same but everything else involved with the process is constantly being updated and revised. Take a look at the [H] yearly driver progress reports for Nvidia or AMD.

Exact same hardware and across the board gains, consoles are no different.

Last edited:
I hate trying to visit that site at work, it's not blocked but it's hilariously broken and only html text is displayed. I'll have to wait till I get home or on the phone.

Must be some hard-core work place eh? :p

The UI looks pretty slick. Then again, I'm not overly picky.

As long as it looks better than the Vita UI and operates faster than the PS3 UI I will be happy with it.

Nvidia and AMD driver performance increases, same principle. Both Sony and Microsoft will continue to update their tools and drivers throughout the life of the consoles just like every other console made. If your comments were true (they aren't) we would have been playing Halo 4 and TLoU at 540p at 15fps. They don't "set it and forget it" as soon as the platforms are released, the hardware is obviously the same but everything else involved with the process is constantly being updated and revised. Take a look at the [H] yearly driver progress reports for Nvidia or AMD.

Exact same hardware and across the board gains, consoles are no different.

so the 10% increase in performance from drivers is going to make up for the incredible leaps in graphics that the manage between franchise games?

dude you are trying too hard and youre failing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVQQ_9LaFtc

if you think 10% increase is going to save you when you have jumps like you do from uncharted 1 to uncharted 3 you have very few brain cells.

again this isnt RPG maker 7, that shit will run on ps3 1080p/60fps forever bro

What's wrong with how the Vita UI looks? I think it looks fine. Its just the navigation that's a little weird sometimes.

so the 10% increase in performance from drivers is going to make up for the incredible leaps in graphics that the manage between franchise games?

dude you are trying too hard and youre failing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVQQ_9LaFtc

if you think 10% increase is going to save you when you have jumps like you do from uncharted 1 to uncharted 3 you have very few brain cells.

again this isnt RPG maker 7, that shit will run on ps3 1080p/60fps forever bro

Wait am I getting trolled?

Goddamn it that's the second time in 8 years, and no one else could PM me. I blame you ballistic you should have sent me a PM.

What's wrong with how the Vita UI looks? I think it looks fine. Its just the navigation that's a little weird sometimes.

Most of the icons look terrible on those low polygon count bowls that bounce around when using the UI. If they were going to go with floating 3D objects for a UI, they should have at least made them look better.

Last edited:
So let me get this strait.

dremic believes that games look better as consoles get older but come at a price of decreased performance?

next-Jin believes that games look better as a console gets older due to software improvements?

I think you're both right.

Uncharted 1 was said to only be about 50% of the PS3's total power. You can use that other 50% to get better graphics without giving up anything. But at the same time, a couple years ago Sony released a new firmware for PS3 that optimized their OS and drivers to give developers more memory to work with.

So again, rather than semantic arguments and polarizing opinions, can't you just hug it out and admit your both right, rather than continue bickering?

So let me get this strait.

dremic believes that games look better as consoles get older but come at a price of decreased performance?

next-Jin believes that games look better as a console gets older due to software improvements?

I think you're both right.

Uncharted 1 was said to only be about 50% of the PS3's total power. You can use that other 50% to get better graphics without giving up anything. But at the same time, a couple years ago Sony released a new firmware for PS3 that optimized their OS and drivers to give developers more memory to work with.

So again, rather than semantic arguments and polarizing opinions, can't you just hug it out and admit your both right, rather than continue bickering?

I think I am getting trolled but everything you said is what everyone is in agreement with other than ballistic somehow.

btw could you clarify your statement;

because it only supports mine (and everyone elses position), unless your assuming dremic believes both consoles will be at 100% efficiency in which case .....

eh n/m

Last edited:
I read somewhere where Naughty Dog said Uncharted 1 did not use nearly as much PS3 power as what was available. Uncharted 2 nearly used every bit they could get from the console.

9r0kxv.png

ok, i just pre ordered one. 2 questions.

Can i stream stuff from my PC?

Can I play PS3 games (the disc's) on the PS4?

*kills self*

finally an appropriate response!

you will be able to stream ps3 games eventually though. an emulator type situation. but if you ve played a ps2 game on the ps3 you know this works super shitty. better to just get a cheap ass ps3 at the end of the year for like 100$ on craigslist

finally an appropriate response!

you will be able to stream ps3 games eventually though. an emulator type situation. but if you ve played a ps2 game on the ps3 you know this works super shitty. better to just get a cheap ass ps3 at the end of the year for like 100$ on craigslist

I already have a ps3, but I don't want that janky looking pos on my entertainment center when I have a ps4 out. I'm OCD about that shit. Everything needs to look perfect.

Get an entertainment center that closes up so you cannot see anything.

wait dont do it!! have you even tried the oreos that are half vanilla half chocolate? dont go till you try em bro

Speaking of, he can buy some for us, we'll eat them and watch him off himself. :cool:

what is sarcasm? did you read the article? MP is 60 fps. Singleplayer is 30 fps to increase the graphics ( uh oh next-jin, you was wrongs :( )

Yeah man, thought you meant ":(" towards it actually being 30fps (ie, slow = bad, or something along those lines). :p

cool story man, you just shed so much light on the topic at hand that im blinded

You are just trolling in these threads and now hit a low point trying to bring up old news as if it was a new thing.

Back