PS4: $399, no online authentication, no used game restrictions...(Post E3 discussion)

Yea I'm not that happy about this. The ability to buy a game digitally and have my brothers could play it through the family sharing was a pretty sweet idea. I wish they had left that in on the digital versions of the games. I also liked the ability to put a disk in once and have it just tied to your account. I was hoping for a better version of steam I guess.....

Yeah, I wish they would have left that in for downloadable copies.

Yeah, I wish they would have left that in for downloadable copies.

It could have been badass. I would have been much happier if they took the disk based versions and said fine we will leave them as is. If you buy digital though you get lending to make up for it. Use it as a way to push people more to the digital side while supporting areas where the disk side will make more sense.

I'm kinda pissed now. I saw the ps4 as more of the same and the xbox pushing forward. While online play on both has been cleared up some(with online pass' going away) I now really wonder what they(the publishers) are going to do to fight the used games. I'm expecting more dlc codes that pull parts of the game away to hurt used sales. With the way the xbox one was going to be setup I figured it wouldn't be an issue.

It could have been badass. I would have been much happier if they took the disk based versions and said fine we will leave them as is. If you buy digital though you get lending to make up for it. Use it as a way to push people more to the digital side while supporting areas where the disk side will make more sense.

I'm kinda pissed now. I saw the ps4 as more of the same and the xbox pushing forward. While online play on both has been cleared up some(with online pass' going away) I now really wonder what they(the publishers) are going to do to fight the used games. I'm expecting more dlc codes that pull parts of the game away to hurt used sales. With the way the xbox one was going to be setup I figured it wouldn't be an issue.

I'm sorry but if developers and/or publishers think they are losing money through used games sales or believe they deserve a cut of that market, then they are just being entitled and greedy assholes and I would boycott that company (Just like people bashed EA for the Online Passes which they went back on). Ford doesn't receive a percentage of the sale of my car when I sell it to my neighbor... and shouldn't. It's MY property after original point of sale.

However, I do agree with the 1st paragraph. They should leave the game sharing feature with the games you buy through Xbox Live. Makes perfect sense.

I'm sorry but if developers and/or publishers think they are losing money through used games sales or believe they deserve a cut of that market, then they are just being entitled and greedy assholes and I would boycott that company (Just like people bashed EA for the Online Passes which they went back on). Ford doesn't receive a percentage of the sale of my car when I sell it to my neighbor... and shouldn't. It's MY property after original point of sale.

However, I do agree with the 1st paragraph. They should leave the game sharing feature with the games you buy through Xbox Live. Makes perfect sense.

You don't use a ford for 1 month then sell it to the next person, and even if you do its now used, the game plays exactly the same and requires no added maintenance no matter how many times you play it or sell it. And actually if you sell your ford to your neighbor ford can still make money off of parts and service.

You don't use a ford for 1 month then sell it to the next person, and even if you do its now used, the game plays exactly the same and requires no added maintenance no matter how many times you play it or sell it. And actually if you sell your ford to your neighbor ford can still make money off of parts and service.

A used game loses value, quicker than a car. The game maker can still make money on used games through DLC and microtransactions.

Comparing products that are used is going to get no where. The point is when you resell something the original manufacturer does not get a cut of the change.

D1hsEpX.jpg

100 bucks cheaper and released weeks ahead of XB1? Well I guess it's better than a year late and 200 more.

I thought it was scheduled for "Holiday 2013". Where did you see a release date?

Sony said back in Feb when they revealed the PS4 that Nov was the month they would release in.

Various developers working on PS4 launch games have been saying that they needed to be finish in time for a late Oct/mid Nov launch. The picture above is in the Europe. The US launch might be 1-2 weeks ahead of that or same day, though it has been speculated for the past week or so that Sony was aiming for a October 26th release date, the anniversary of the PS2.

Sony said back in Feb when they revealed the PS4 that Nov was the month they would release in.

Various developers working on PS4 launch games have been saying that they needed to be finish in time for a late Oct/mid Nov launch. The picture above is in the Europe. The US launch might be 1-2 weeks ahead of that or same day, though it has been speculated for the past week or so that Sony was aiming for a October 26th release date, the anniversary of the PS2.

That puts it on a Saturday so maybe, it would be cool if they brought back polygon man and the URnotE

the-evolution-of-the-playstation-4-controller_51765812dc45d.jpg

Last edited:
That puts it on a Saturday so maybe, it would be cool if they brought back polygon man and the URnotE

the-evolution-of-the-playstation-4-controller_51765812dc45d.jpg

Is it me, or does that seem... odd that they skipped the original Playstation controller that didn't have the analog sticks? I mean, they were the first controller to have 2 analog sticks, so wouldn't that be an important part of the evolution of it?

Saturday? Wonder if we will get them then or on Monday with the launch edition PS4 through Amazon.

So the early PS4 leaks called it the Playstation Orbis. That actually isn't far from the truth. Recent information came out that said the OS that PS4 is running is based on FreeBSD and is called Orbis OS.

I am bummed about the built in battery again. My ps3 controller battery only lasts for 10 minutes now so it's basically become wired.

I am bummed about the built in battery again. My ps3 controller battery only lasts for 10 minutes now so it's basically become wired.

I still have my Sixaxis that I got at launch and it has been heavily used throughout the years and it still works about as good as the first day I got it holding a long charge. Same with my secondary controller (Dualshock 3 which as seen nearly an equal of amount of use), I don't know of anyone that has had their battery be nearly died like that.

Though I do know you can buy replacement batteries online for like $5 and they are simple to install.

I still have my Sixaxis that I got at launch and it has been heavily used throughout the years and it still works about as good as the first day I got it holding a long charge. Same with my secondary controller (Dualshock 3 which as seen nearly an equal of amount of use), I don't know of anyone that has had their battery be nearly died like that.

Though I do know you can buy replacement batteries online for like $5 and they are simple to install.

Same here. Have had my Sixaxis since PS3 launch and works okay, although i've ben using the dualshock 3 since that released, but the battery still lasts a long time. I was more bummed the Xbox One still requires AA batteries. I mean, if I can get over a week or more with my PS3 controller over Bluetooth and using rumble, the Xbox should be able to too.

I thought it was lame of Microsoft to do that again. I bought the play and charge kit for the 360 and it lasted me about a year or so before it couldn't hold a charge anymore at all. So then I ended up just buying a $20 plug-in-the-wall rechargeable AA battery kit which I should have done a long time ago. Just another attempt at Microsoft to get you to buy their new Play N Charge kit imo...

Oh, ok! I thought the battery had just ghosted to death. I'll find the replacement you speak of and heck for $5 that's practically double A's these days.

You mist have gotten a a bad one because my controllers AND launch PS3 still run as smooth as a nut

I thought it was lame of Microsoft to do that again. I bought the play and charge kit for the 360 and it lasted me about a year or so before it couldn't hold a charge anymore at all. So then I ended up just buying a $20 plug-in-the-wall rechargeable AA battery kit which I should have done a long time ago. Just another attempt at Microsoft to get you to buy their new Play N Charge kit imo...

How is having the option to use AA batteries or a battery pack a bad thing? It does use a regular mini-USB port this time too.

How is having the option to use AA batteries or a battery pack a bad thing? It does use a regular mini-USB port this time too.

Much rather have a large capacity internal rechargeable battery instead of having to use a crappy 3rd party pack or double AA's that only last 3-4 hours at most.

Much rather have a large capacity internal rechargeable battery instead of having to use a crappy 3rd party pack or double AA's that only last 3-4 hours at most.

Microsoft has a lithium-ion pack for it. It mounts flush to the controller. Looks like an internal but is removable.

I really do hope they revamp the PSN store or at least put it back to the way it was.

Back