PS3's XMB

Baker

2[H]4U
I know most of you know that the back ground color (during the day) is based off of what month it is. What I find very interesting is that Aprils color is Green. Well they didn't get that color fromt he birthstone.... maybe 420? :D :D ;)

Also with the XMB, has anyone heard of an update that will allow users to order their "Icons"?

I know with some of my DLC I would like to order movies, music and game Icons in the way I see fit. I want to be able to sort them by artist, title, date, size, or customized (by pref.)

Are there any features that you would like see added to XMB? :)

XMB is ruubbish, they need to update the whole GUI! xbox live is 100 times better :D

na, on a serious note i think they should allow people to customise the icons on the xmb.. its a good interface but those icons can get boring realy easy

I thought you could hit square and reorder stuff by date/artist/title whatever, ill try when i get back home.

I know you can organize your music by title, album, artist, etc. Im not sure about the movies... you can also change the icon of movies so it shows a preview of the video...here a link

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/2256/ps3_create_video_thumbnails

Yea, I did a bit more messing around with it.

The mucis allows you to sort by artist, title, album, import date. Thats great for my music, no complaints there.

The movies allow you to order by name or import date.... thats ok, but I wish I could customize the vidoes in the order of what I like to watch.

Games you cannot order them once installed. You basically have to install the games in the order you want them to be listed. I think they should change that... probably would be an easy fix with a firmware update.

As for creating "Icons" for movies,... I knew about that... its pretty fun... but I did notice that when you create an icon and play the movie, it will start where the icon begins.... thats kinda anyoying.

I do like how the background color changes depending on the time of day, but they should have an option (if they do I don't know about it) to be able to bring up a clock on XMB... something small or on the lower left or right.

I really want to start learning how to load up linux on this so I can stream music easier.

but I did notice that when you create an icon and play the movie, it will start where the icon begins.... thats kinda anyoying.
No it doesn't. It starts at the last place you left off. Skip back to the beginning and exit and the movie will start at the beginning. Play through to the end, and exit and the movie will start from the beginning as well. Play halfway through, exit and the movie will start back at that point.

I like the XMB quite a bit. There is a lot of room for improvement especially in the tweaking and customization department, but the underlying system works quite well.

Back