PS3 YLOD Fix - 2nd Time the Charm?

Ruuke

n00b
Hi guys, just wanted to see if anyone else has done any reflow work on their YLOD PS3? I've done it twice now, once without flux and over the weekend with. I'm hoping it lasts a little longer this time (1st time it ran ok for about 2 weeks). Any experiences with the flux reflow fix?

After mine did it a second time I sold it for parts and bought a new model I would suggest the same.

Sold my dead PS3 to a friend. He reflowed it once, worked for a few days, did it again, worked for a few days. Then he said "Fuck this" and left it in the oven for about an hour longer than anyone recommends. Also he left it cool down by turning off the oven and just waiting a few hours. This cools it much slower than if you pull it out. The PS3 now has been working fine for over 18 months.

Gonna keep failing, buy another when the 12g comes out, or buy a ps4

Mine is currently dead with YLOD. I was going to reflow it, but after extensive research, I'm probably just going to ship mine to a place that can reball the solder and do it proper. Since it's a launch model with BC, it's worth it to keep it going for PS2/3 games.

Mine is currently dead with YLOD. I was going to reflow it, but after extensive research, I'm probably just going to ship mine to a place that can reball the solder and do it proper. Since it's a launch model with BC, it's worth it to keep it going for PS2/3 games.

I got a ps2 slim at a pawn shop for 12 dollars. It's barely been used. It's going to keep failing dude, why waste the money?

Back