• Yes

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 22.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

busta_cap

Limp Gawd
I'm not a console gamer (though my 12 y/o is); I've always gamed on PC. But the PS3 has some great exclusive games that I want to play (Last of Us, Uncharted Series, Shadow of the Colossus HD, LBP, etc).

I have very little experience with consoles. So here's my question: Is a 250gb slim PS3 in very good shape with controller, all cables, and a sealed copy of The Last of Us worth $200 shipped? This would be used as a gaming/media machine on the 50" LG in my living room, and hooked into the surround system.

Thanks!

I voted YES because I am in the same boat as you. Haven't owned a console in a decade, but a PS3 plus all those great games I missed is looking good right now.

Well, The Last of Us is coming to the PS4 this summer/fall. PS Now which will let you play PS1/2/3 games is supposed to be released summer/fall as well. We will see how the input lag is though. Not every game will be available right away (or ever really, just most popular I'm sure).

So, I don't think it's a horrible idea, but if the main reason is for TLOU then I would wait and get it for the PS4. Better graphics, resolution, etc.

Well, The Last of Us is coming to the PS4 this summer/fall. PS Now which will let you play PS1/2/3 games is supposed to be released summer/fall as well. We will see how the input lag is though. Not every game will be available right away (or ever really, just most popular I'm sure).

So, I don't think it's a horrible idea, but if the main reason is for TLOU then I would wait and get it for the PS4. Better graphics, resolution, etc.

I'm a middle aged professional guy, so I'm never going to be a hardcore console gamer. I'll probably be lucky if I get in 2-3 hours a week after hours of pc gaming on the weekends. Plus, Watch Dogs will be on my doorstep in 10 days.

Yeah, The Last of Us is a primary draw, but all the others I mentioned (and more, like Journey and the God of War series) are definite draws as well. Add to that the media center capabilities -- which I think would complement the setup I have now -- the PS3 seems the appropriate level of console for me. It's half the price and there are a wealth of good used games for it basically everywhere.

I'm just wondering if that package is worth $200, or should I continue to look for a better deal?

If you're the kind of person that visuals dont matter then the PS3 would just fine and a great value.

But if you're big on visuals then you should probably opt for the PS4 atleast for the last of us. I wouldn't be surprised if Uncharted didn't get a remaster on the PS4. I think the PS4 would be better in the long run. Also I think the Dualshock 4 controller is way better then the Dualshock 3 controller. I personally didn't like the Dualshock 3 controller.

But I can't say about Shadow of the colossus or other titles. In the end I think you would be satisfied with a PS3 if you opted to get one.

I am also looking at a PS3 and almost pulled the trigger on similar deals this month. I have decided to wait a few weeks until E3 and see if Sony drops the price on PS3's...there are some rumors that they will...so if you aren't in a super hurry it might be worth the wait.

I'm a middle aged professional guy
Lol, I always read this stuff and have to take a look at the username... I lol'd. :p

But, I also voteed yes, because the PS3 still has plenty of playability left. Great console. I still have my day one bought orginial fatty PS3. And it still runs like a top.

Enjoy.

Tell your son to get Dante's Ineferno and call it a day =)

Best game on my PS3 besides Demon Souls

Really Dante's Inferno?

I voted yes because of the vast first party library. You can probably build a solid library for 300.

I voted yes but id wait till e3 to see if there is a price drop they need one and also if you get one get ps+

I got one around Black Friday, when GameStop had the Black Friday bundle.
So many games out, plus you can't play PS3 games on PS4 soooo... you would miss out on all those good PS3 games as most of them won't get remade/remastered for PS4.

Hell yes. So many great games. Cheap as well.

If you missed out on the PS3 then now is a great time to go grab one.

TLoU is the only reason I bought a PS3. Haven't owned a console in over a decade (don't really count the wii). Best storyline I have ever seen in a game. I actually got pulled in and was invested in what happened to the characters. There are some twists in there you don't see in games normally.

It would be pretty cool if they had a super slim PS3 but combined with the PS Vita TV, still had bluray, and shipped with the Dualshock 4. They did just redesign the PS3 last year though.

I would love one that matches the ps4 just like the 360e looks similar to the Xbox one.
I have a ps3 super slim (replaced my launch unit after many repairs)

If it looked like the ps4 I buy it instantly

You should be able to find a used one closer to $100. Then rent Last of Us and Red Dead Redemption. Thank me later

I only bought my PS3 when Gran Turismo 6 came out, and I've enjoyed many PS3 or console exclusive titles here. I bought mine new and I felt it's worth it's price considering the number of hours I've gotten out of my PS3, with more to come as I've yet to play the Final Fantasy series.

I'd wait until both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are $99. Games are cheap at pawnshops..flea markets..Kijiji..Craigslist..etc

I've had mine for years and have thought it to be a great system. It's been solid, both my original unit and the super slim I bought last year. So far, my kids haven't murdered either one. :D
I have a 360, primarily for the Gears of War and Halo franchises (and more friends are into the Xbox brand), but my game collection on the PS3 is only surpassed by what I have for PC.

I have no qualms recommending the PS3. If you don't have any loyalty to Gears or Halo, the PS3 is overall a very good system for reasons already mentioned throughout the thread.
I love my 360, but I'm glad I went with the PS3 when I got my first one (RRoD season).
They're hearty consoles,

I've had my PS3 for a while now, at least a year or two and I think it's more useful now than ever with the benefits of the PlayStation Plus subscription. I think my library is up to around 60+ games, give or take ...

Back