PS3 Wireless Problem

aFive

2[H]4U
I have been having this really weird issue with my PS3 for a bit now, I think it started after last update.

It can't obtain IP from my routher, yet it sees it just fine. To fix it, the only thing I can do is restart my router and it would work just fine. I tried reconnecting PS3, disabling wireless, re-entering all of the settings and nothing helps. I got Dlink Wireless-N routher.

Wondering if any of you may have some ideas on what the problem may be here.

Sounds like your router is funky if it all it takes is a reset of the router to fix the problem. Try running a wire.

Update yer firmware? Ehhhmmm.
Reset the settings. Other than that yer router sounds like it's heading south, OR, somehow your 2.4ghz cordless phone (or if you live in an apt building someone else's phone) is interfering with your services.

Sounds like your router is funky if it all it takes is a reset of the router to fix the problem. Try running a wire.

this. if rebooting the router fixes it, its more than likely a router problem. update the router to the latest firmware, then do a full reset of everything, enable wireless/security, enable upnp, then try again.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Yea, I am thinking that it could be the case now. My cell phone requires me to refresh available network list few times prior to it actually finding my home net :(.

Definitely update your firmware. Also any 2.4 ghz cordless phones or cell phones will interfere with the signal. Do you have a PC in the house connecting to the wireless without any issues?

Back