PS3 upscaling thread (pics)

I knew sony would come through and that selling my kidney for a ps3 was a good investment.

I'll be honest, playing the games, I really don't notice much of a difference, at least with movement, when things are still ya I do notice it's a cleaner.

I think the next update needs AA for this to really notice anything. Everything is still jaggy

I'll be honest, playing the games, I really don't notice much of a difference, at least with movement, when things are still ya I do notice it's a cleaner.

I think the next update needs AA for this to really notice anything. Everything is still jaggy

I dont know how you don't notice it. SOTC looks so smooth and amazing with this patch as does FFXII, almost no jaggies or blocky textures.

I dont know how you don't notice it. SOTC looks so smooth and amazing with this patch as does FFXII, almost no jaggies or blocky textures.

He doesnt notice because he never notices anything sony does remotely good.

He doesnt notice because he never notices anything sony does remotely good.

:rolleyes:

What the fuck. What an AMAZINGLY stupid comment to someone who actually owns a playstation since launch.

Why don't you just stfu

OK. So maybe I'm doing something wrong..curious about this. I went under system settings and have the upscaling settings to Full screen and Filtered. Is that all I'm supposed to do?

It's not looking like a night and day thing like the pictures have been showing. It's a little but FFXII is still pretty jaggy.

Edit: also, why are there black bars on the left and right even though I said full screen?

OK. So maybe I'm doing something wrong..curious about this. I went under system settings and have the upscaling settings to Full screen and Filtered. Is that all I'm supposed to do?

It's not looking like a night and day thing like the pictures have been showing. It's a little but FFXII is still pretty jaggy.

Edit: also, why are there black bars on the left and right even though I said full screen?

turn on cropping in your tv settings

There are still jaggies but its not nearly as bad as is use to be... i mean it looks amazing compared to what it use to be... Are you using HDMI?

Does anyone notice that when you enable progessive scan in GoW or SoTC it outputs back down to 480p?

Yep. Game settings override PS3 settings.

Way to work around this is load the game, turn the settings on and then save it. Then you just quit the game and reload it, the settings should be still on since most games remeber their settings and it should be still upscaled. This worked for me in GOW and SOTC.

I just got a new 7.2 megapixel digi

When I get home I'll take a ton O pics.... I spent the whole weekend watching movies :D

LOTR in 1080p FTW :D

I'm all about this update... they get my 2 thumbs up

Looks great with movies. I can't explain how nice of a "freebie" update this is.
For games, some are better than others. GOW2's "HD" 480p mode looks better than the 1080i for me. Games like Tekken, Kingdom Hearts, and FFX look nice though. Still, this was a freebie. Tough to complain about something that was essentially a gift.

...LOTR in 1080p FTW :D I'm all about this update... they get my 2 thumbs up
totally! lotr week for sure and then pirates on bd. am still in awe over this last update. love how this has sprung new life in my somewhat older rear projection so I'm not even thinking of a new tv now. I would like 1080p but i will do for now

now where's my hd dvd player FTW!? :D

G'ßöö;1031115568 said:
totally! lotr week for sure and then pirates on bd. am still in awe over this last update. love how this has sprung new life in my somewhat older rear projection so I'm not even thinking of a new tv now. I would like 1080p but i will do for now

now where's my hd dvd player FTW!? :D

haha... yea for sure.

My friends are pretty big into anime.... me... not so much... but as long as stuff is getting hacked apart (non-pokemon/cartoon network) then I can watch it (like Ninja Scroll). My friends heard about this update and now they are demanding to come over to watch their animes (which are on standard DVD's) on my HDTV..... :p I told them to go buy a PS3... moochers :p

Sorry if this is already answered, but to the OP what kinda of TV do you have?

haha... yea for sure.

My friends are pretty big into anime.... me... not so much... but as long as stuff is getting hacked apart (non-pokemon/cartoon network) then I can watch it (like Ninja Scroll). My friends heard about this update and now they are demanding to come over to watch their animes (which are on standard DVD's) on my HDTV..... :p I told them to go buy a PS3... moochers :p

I love being able to stream my 4 hard drives of Anime to my PS3. Makes it so much better to watch it all.

Back