PS3 to pick up 360 exclusive

Just last week Bioware reiterated that ME is Xbox 360/PC exclusive for the trilogy. It's fair game after that.

BTW, I am thinking it will be Braid or L4D/

Probably one of the RPGs... Star Ocean or something like that.

It's pretty funny that it's big news now when the ps3 is getting an xbox game. Didn't see that coming 4 years ago.

It's pretty funny that it's big news now when the ps3 is getting an xbox game. Didn't see that coming 4 years ago.

And in typical Sony fashion, they can't just announce it but rather put out a vague rumor and have people speculate for months allowing the fanboys to go crazy. Kinda tired of the whole act.

And in typical Sony fashion, they can't just announce it but rather put out a vague rumor and have people speculate for months allowing the fanboys to go crazy. Kinda tired of the whole act.

The game industry in general is really annoying me these days. Twitter about a rumored announcement , which announcement will be a firm date for the discussion of a teaser countdown that will count down to another website countdown.

Except... Sony isn't behind the leak. The Sixth Axis site is.

Either way, it's probably Mass Effect, but that should come as no surprise considering it's an EA franchise now.
Meh. My Shepard's on my PC so I wouldn't get it.

Either way, it's probably Mass Effect, but that should come as no surprise considering it's an EA franchise now.

EA just reconfirmed that me1 and 2 are 360 exclusives, so I doubt that's it. Who knows though. Everyone should play mass effect though, so would be good news for ps3 owners.

Sorry, I should have said the Sony fan community and not Sony directly.

I can't see Mass Effect making the jump this soon. I'd expect it more around the third one and released as a trilogy of sorts. I still think it's one of the RPGs, or maybe a Dead Rising special edition in order to build hype for the sequel.

The Orange Box was ported to PS3 by EA, wouldn't be surprised if they handled it for L4D as well.

I stand corrected.

Upon reading about that also, it looks as though the PS3 version sucked balls or something. They mid as well just keep it on the 360/PC if they're not motivated to move into another platform.

As a 360 owner just let me say, cool. Hope its something good! I look forward to the days of platform agnosticism.

l4d please cos that is the best online multiplayer game period all the other 360 exclusives are meh

l4d please cos that is the best online multiplayer game period all the other 360 exclusives are meh

I'm just going to say that that statement ignores a lot of good games. That is all.

I don't think L4D is being labled a 360 exclusive. It's just only available on 360. A game like Halo or GoW is an 'exclusive'.

I'd put my money on one of the Bioware games (Mass Effect, ME2, or Dragon Age). EA is not fond of the words "platform exclusive" and there have been recent stories about Bioware getting up to speed on PS3 development.

I'd put my money on one of the Bioware games (Mass Effect, ME2, or Dragon Age). EA is not fond of the words "platform exclusive" and there have been recent stories about Bioware getting up to speed on PS3 development.

dragon age was already confirmed multiplat:

Dragon Age: Origins, (previously known as Dragon Age), is a computer role-playing game currently in development by BioWare's Edmonton studio. BioWare has announced that the game will be released for Windows, Xbox 360, and PlayStation 3 on October 20th, 2009 in North America and October 23rd, 2009 in Europe [3].

I'm going with Star Ocean 4 or Left 4 Dead 2. Assuming it's even true, mind you.

Half way through this podcast hosted by Zdmedia.net they touch base on the Sony & Epic deal. It is stated that Epic and Sony might be working on a PS3 game that deals with the Gears of War universe not necessarily Gears of War 2. The deal that Sony and Epic signed was a multi-part deal, so there could be other things besides the UT3 exclusivity deal.

Link

Maybe it could be a game based in the GOW universe I could see that. This info might be old but still worth noting. My guess is still Mass Effect or L4D

I thought I remembered reading a long time ago that Mass Effect 2 was going to be on ps3. I don't have any data to back that up. I hope its something worth while though. I know Mass Effect gets a lot of people hard but the game just didn't do it for me.

I thought I remembered reading a long time ago that Mass Effect 2 was going to be on ps3. I don't have any data to back that up. I hope its something worth while though. I know Mass Effect gets a lot of people hard but the game just didn't do it for me.

The closest you'll find is that it was listed as multi-platform, meaning 360/PC but a lot of fansites took it to mean 360/PC/PS3. You have to imagine EA will bring it to PS3 eventually but it has yet to be announced.

The rumored title is supposed to be out late 2009, Mass Effect 2 is scheduled for Q1 2010. A port of an already released title is more likely.

EA just reconfirmed that me1 and 2 are 360 exclusives, so I doubt that's it. Who knows though. Everyone should play mass effect though, so would be good news for ps3 owners.

well to be honest, i wouldnt be too surprised if it's ME. they confirmed ME1 as 360 exclusive and for the foreseeable future even though they were developing it for the PC during that time as well. they kept that up until the day the PC version was officially announced to be near completion

that pissed a lot of 360 owners off, and that the PC will have free DLC. Bioware had to lock and delete the threads with any mention of people voicing that they were lied to.

yes i ended the sentence with a preposition. col o'neill would call me a bastard.

Most likely to be Tales of Vesperia, but it was already announced for PS3 few month before in Japan..

or else it could be Star Ocean 4.

There is no way GoW or L4D will end up on PS3, that just ridiculous....

what other console is l4d on?
Nice try being a smart ass. L4D was not designed for the 360/Microsoft. Gears of War was designed as an exclusive title just for Microsoft, just like Halo 3. There's a reason why Microsoft Game Studios ended up porting it to Windows, a Microsoft Product. Stop being stupid.

Nice try being a smart ass. L4D was not designed for the 360/Microsoft. Gears of War was designed as an exclusive title just for Microsoft, just like Halo 3. There's a reason why Microsoft Game Studios ended up porting it to Windows, a Microsoft Product. Stop being stupid.

Gears of war is on the pc, so how is that an exclusive? Exclusive seems to have quite a shifting definition based on whatever argument you happen to be making at the time.

Gears of war is on the pc, so how is that an exclusive? Exclusive seems to have quite a shifting definition based on whatever argument you happen to be making at the time.
Exclusive for Microsoft. Did you not read what I said? Everybody knows that game was designed for Microsoft, for the 360 and they just ported it. It is a 360 exclusive. Stop wasting time posting irrelevant bull shit just as an excuse to argue.

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Yup, that's not an exclusive title. It was designed for ps3 in mind. Yup, sure was.

Exclusive for Microsoft. Did you not read what I said? Everybody knows that game was designed for Microsoft, for the 360 and they just ported it. It is a 360 exclusive. Stop wasting time posting irrelevant bull shit just as an excuse to argue.

Publisher: Microsoft Game Studios

Yup, that's not an exclusive title. It was designed for ps3 in mind. Yup, sure was.

Seriously? Exclusive now means "designed with something in mind?" For years I've heard ps3 fans tell us all about how gears, fable, and quite a few others are not exclusives because they're on the pc too. It's nice to hear that has now changed though. Prototype wasn't designed with the wii in mind, so is that an exclusive?

Exclusive means "not found elsewhere". Not "developed primarily with something in mind".

If you want to talk about "console exclusive", then that might be something else. But then you and the other sony brigade couldn't say "don't buy a 360 because all of the games are on the pc anyway" anymore.

:rolleyes:

Back