PS3 Tekken 5 download game owner

sprak74

Gawd
Just downloaded Tekken 5 and for some strange reason the picture quality of some the stage in acade mode seem kind of blurry not as sharp as other stages. The health bar looks sharp, but not the character or background does not. Is this normal or should I downloaded it again? If I delete it, would I be able to download it again without paying for it again?

No, you can redownload without paying again.

It doesn't sound like a problem that redownloading would fix though. How is the system connected to your TV? HDMI?

Yeah, some use post-processing effects and some don't. Those that do look a little blurry; it has something to do with the extra rendering passes I think.

It's a port from the PSP. There's only so much you can expect. :)

Those 2 levels are supposed to look like that. They're supposed to be foggy or misty. It's technically an upscaled port of the arcade game, but they added that random effect on 2 stages for some reason.
Good 'ol Tekken. I still keep going back to it after all this time.
Since this game was essentially a test for the netcode on Tekken 6, hopefully we'll see that game in all of it's glory sooner than later.

It's a port from the PSP. There's only so much you can expect. :)

I don't think that's true.

I'm sure it was a conversion from the arcade cabinet or an upgrade from the ps2 version with the DR tweaks added.

I was from the arcade one (Tekken 5: DR was out in arcades...the few that are left) and they upped the resolution to be true 1080p, while the arcade version is 480p widescreen. Granted the textures aren't as clean as some other games, but the resolution alone keeps it nearly on-par with VF5.
The frame data and everything else remained the same.
The PSP probably looks closer to the arcade due to it's lower resolution but the PS3 version wasn't a port from the PSP one.
Tekken 6, however, is native hi-def and is even running on PS3 hardware in the 3-4 arcades that got it. The home version should be pixel for pixel identical, although obviously it'll have more home-specific features like all of the others Tekkens have had.

Played Tekken 6 while in Japan and needless to say it needs to hurry up and come to the PS3.

Back