PS3 prices

Does anyone think that these high prices might just be a marketing ploy? I'm thinking they announce this price now and then drop them each $100 at launch, making everyone think that they're getting a great deal.

Is there any history to this? Are the E3 announced prices generally the very last final prices that we can expect?

Highly doubt it. I'm not sure what you're speaking of even has a precedent, but if it came from the execs themselves, then you can take it to the bank.

phoderpants said:
Does anyone think that these high prices might just be a marketing ploy? I'm thinking they announce this price now and then drop them each $100 at launch, making everyone think that they're getting a great deal.

Is there any history to this? Are the E3 announced prices generally the very last final prices that we can expect?

Those will be the prices, once a company announces a price that is the price it will be. No ploy here simply an expensive piece of equipment which is already being sold at a major discount to you. Would you rather pay what it actually costs to make the unit?

I also doubt we'll see a price drop before launch. Everyone knew it was going to be $500+ due to Blu-Ray, amongst other things. Maybe if they get smart and release a system without Blu-Ray they could have a cheaper version, but I doubt they'll do that.

Seriously, do you think Sony will lower prices when they ripped off all the kiddies with the PSP?

It would be really stupid for them to do that. I know a lot of people that will be shopping this weekend for the 360 as the PS3 just went off their list until 2008 or whenever the price ends up being reasonable.

Back