PS3 more bad news it seems...

Humble_Magii

Limp Gawd
Linkage

http://gaming.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=4367

Now if you heard both sides of the story and come to a crossroads of sorts it still kind of looks bad for PS3. I am sort of glad since it's Sony and they really need to go away as a company maybe disappear entirely or overhaul themselves.

This just seems similar to Nvidia ATI video cards in PC's Nvidia (MS) releases uber card on time in mass quantities while ATI (Sony) in this case doesn't show up till half a year later. Sony in this case maybe not until a year later.

I do not doubt for a second that most launch titles for PS3 will be lackluster much like Xbox. Everyone for the most part realizes that games released much later will take better advantage of the hardware it's common sense. There are games that won't granted but you do wait for the games that do. Sony hasn't shown anything and kept quiet which is a bad sign especially since they have been getting alot of deserved and self inflicted bad press.

Oh well let's hope Sony goes down the tubes enough so they actually start releasing some quality products.

JustinSane said:
Obsessing over Sony a bit to hate em as much as you say don't you think?

Anyone with respect for the industry would like to see them go. They have done the least of the three companies to advance the industry. They've been nothing but negative since the original Playstation.

They completely reversed their attitude when the PS2 was released. When they first entered the industry, they were humble and brought a lot to the table (Hardware that was easy to develop for with media that could hold a significant amount of data). They worked with developers and retailers alike to get things done.

With the PS2, they released an unfamiliar design without good development documentation and basically told developers to deal with it. They bullied retailers and made sure that the Dreamcast wasn't the focus of any display. They outright lied about the capabilities of their system.

Threads like these make me realize how many people really have no clue what they are talking about and even look worse when trying to preach their delusional and biased views. It's really really sickening.

Guess People won't be buying a Ps3 because google cache has saved the story that a mysterious and unamed "Sony artist tells us that the Xbox 360 is better than the PS3" Well thank go for that sony artist for telling us this, now we won't have to worry about buying PS3s anymore.

Yes but threads bashing EA because they want $10 for some extra content are perfect.

that last paragraph of this "developers" rant really make no case for anything, if anything it puts it right in the same boat as the xbox 360, its devs are gonna need some time with final hardware, so the second wave of games is gonna be the first real example of what the system will be capable of. its the same for both 360 and PS3, and of course it makes sense, how can you make a game for a console, when you don't know what the console is exactly? so basically, this goes nowhere, quit whining people. wait till the damn things comes out and gets a second wave, then start talking. currently the xbox 360 is very underwhelming, but I'm willing to bet the second wave will start an upward trend. same with PS3, same with, well any console before them, and likely any console after. case closed.

regardless if this is true or not, i want Sony's development team for the PS to take a huge kick in the ass

Anyone with respect for the industry would like to see them go. They have done the least of the three companies to advance the industry. They've been nothing but negative since the original Playstation.

They completely reversed their attitude when the PS2 was released. When they first entered the industry, they were humble and brought a lot to the table (Hardware that was easy to develop for with media that could hold a significant amount of data). They worked with developers and retailers alike to get things done.

With the PS2, they released an unfamiliar design without good development documentation and basically told developers to deal with it. They bullied retailers and made sure that the Dreamcast wasn't the focus of any display. They outright lied about the capabilities of their system.

Triath said:
Yes but threads bashing EA because they want $10 for some extra content are perfect.

Thats a bit different..
EA has been fucking us for years with Shit that is just down right sad.
Sony on the other hand, may have put out a difficult system to work on (PS2) but it was the Number 1 system for a reason.
The Games that came out for that system were awesome.

No one is saying the PS3 isn't in trouble, super late lanuches like this are always bad for business and the fact the system is going to be very different than say Xbox 360 in terms of developing games for, is bad. But The PS2 poped out some of the best titles anyone has ever played and I know dispite the short commings of the PS3 it's going to be just as awesome for games.

Majin said:
Thats a bit different..
Sony on the other hand, may have put out a difficult system to work on (PS2) but it was the Number 1 system for a reason.

No one is saying the PS3 isn't in trouble, super late lanuches like this are always bad for business and the fact the system is going to be very different than say Xbox 360 in terms of developing games for, is bad. But The PS2 poped out some of the best titles anyone has ever played and I know dispite the short commings of the PS3 it's going to be just as awesome for games.
only reason it got said awsome games is because the console dominated because of its outright lies giving it larger installbase and a reason for devs to take a footlong in the ass

If Sony went away in the console market then someone big would have to step up because Nintendo cannot compete with Microsoft and the Xbox 360. When you lose big players like that in the competition then prices go up and tech advancements slow down because there isn't as much heavy competition to have the latest and greatest. Even if Sony lies about the capabilities of their system they still keep Microsoft on their toes trying to come out with something better.

The Playstation consoles arent going anywhere, when you look at percentages, its hard to say. I am by no means siding with any console maker, i own every system, and i play good games for all systems. In every case of developement out there, except for the dreamcast, the most devloper friendly console wins. Look at the ps1 versus saturn, the saturn had two processors just as fast as the ps1, and more ram and vram to boot, along with the ability to save without a memory card, a controller that made 2 fighting games( which were insanely popular at the time) perfect at home, and a good launch library, the only problem was it took devleopers almost a year to churn out good games because the dev tools were crap and people were like whats multithreading? while ppl were chruning out discount bin sony titles.

burningrave101 said:
If Sony went away in the console market then someone big would have to step up because Nintendo cannot compete with Microsoft and the Xbox 360. When you lose big players like that in the competition then prices go up and tech advancements slow down because there isn't as much heavy competition to have the latest and greatest. Even if Sony lies about the capabilities of their system they still keep Microsoft on their toes trying to come out with something better.

Really? If you look at this generation, Microsoft and Nintendo were neck in neck with sales (both with about 15% of the worldwide market) and Sony took the rest. Unless you're talking about the E-penis contest that Sony and MS are constantly having, there are 3 players in the console race, all quite capable. Unless, of course, you're talking about Japan, where the original Gameboy Advance and the Gamecube far outsell both the XBox and the Xbox 360 combined, and Sony dominates the home console sales. The Playstation brand isn't going anywhere, thank you very much, despite the difficulty for development.

burningrave101 said:

Advancements in the video game industry are already slow with competition. I don't think taking Sony out of the picture would necessarily ruin things. I think it would actually make things better.

In my opinion, Nintendo wouldn't compete with Microsoft if Sony were to be taken out of the picture. They would have their own place. If Nintendo releases the Revolution as a lower-end, cheaper console then I think it will sell very well. You have a game console for lower-end stuff (+ nintendo games!) and another console for higher-end games. Plus, they both have very similar architecture, so ports in between the consoles would be a breeze.

The thing about Sony is that they always like to talk and talk about how their console is the most powerful, and for some reason the game industry believes them (at least at first). Remember the whole "PS2 is 2x more powerful than Dreamcast" stunt back in the day? In reality, the visuals on the Dreamcast are about the same as on the PS2 when you look at it subjectivally. We might be seeing a repeat here. I too think Sony needs to withdraw from the business of making consoles for a little while, or at least rethink their plan. With the cost of Bluray they're putting into the console, I'm not entirely sure what it will cost, but it won't be cheap. I don't want to buy an extra game console that is $500+ that is already just as good as my 360 just so I can just play a few exclusive games. Plus, the online service will stink. Sega and Microsoft are the only companies that I have so far seen that have made a good online video game service.

PWMK2 said:
The thing about Sony is that they always like to talk and talk about how their console is the most powerful, and for some reason the game industry believes them (at least at first). Remember the whole "PS2 is 2x more powerful than Dreamcast" stunt back in the day? In reality, the visuals on the Dreamcast are about the same as on the PS2 when you look at it subjectivally. We might be seeing a repeat here. I too think Sony needs to withdraw from the business of making consoles for a little while, or at least rethink their plan. With the cost of Bluray they're putting into the console, I'm not entirely sure what it will cost, but it won't be cheap. I don't want to buy an extra game console that is $500+ that is already just as good as my 360 just so I can just play a few exclusive games. Plus, the online service will stink. Sega and Microsoft are the only companies that I have so far seen that have made a good online video game service.

Come now, you speak as if you've never seen an Xbox ad when they were plastered all over PC Gamer. You seriously think Sony is the only one that pimps their hardware? I think if you look at FFX and Jade Empire "subjectively" you'll find they're about the same too. None of these companies are in this business to make friends; they're here to make money and there's enough people willing to pay over a grand for an Xbox360 so they can give little Timmy a killer Christmas present. It's called consumerism. :eek:

If you won't buy a console to play your favorite game, then you're not a gamer and you don't belong to this hobby; period. People dump thousands of dollars into their gaming rigs to get that extra 5FPS and even risk their high priced hardware by overclocking them for bragging rights! I don't even know how you're judging Sony's plans for an online service considering the machine isn't even finished. :confused:

Trimlock said:
regardless if this is true or not, i want Sony's development team for the PS to take a huge kick in the ass

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA breathe HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Humble_Magii said:
Oh well let's hope Sony goes down the tubes enough so they actually start releasing some quality products.

Financial ruin isn't exactly conducive to "releasing some quality products".

PWMK2 said:
Advancements in the video game industry are already slow with competition. I don't think taking Sony out of the picture would necessarily ruin things. I think it would actually make things better.

In my opinion, Nintendo wouldn't compete with Microsoft if Sony were to be taken out of the picture. They would have their own place. If Nintendo releases the Revolution as a lower-end, cheaper console then I think it will sell very well. You have a game console for lower-end stuff (+ nintendo games!) and another console for higher-end games. Plus, they both have very similar architecture, so ports in between the consoles would be a breeze.

Thanks for the laughs these forums need more comedy like this.

I think its fake, there are some typos and it dosn't say anything that would make me thing it was actually an insider.

Agreed, what a joke. As if Microsoft is any better than Sony for releasing quality products. Yeah, that old trusty mom and pop orginization MS, they sure know how to release quality products at a bargain price :p

There are a ton of typos in the guys post, he talks about people making graphics for games as "them", he uses absolutely NO technical vocabulary, and he keeps talking about not knowing how to use a CPU and not knowiing the technical stuff behind it as he is only a game artist....um......unless he ONLY draws things on paper, then he's gotta know how to utililize a CPU.

On a side note, I hate Sony myself, but I will buy the PS3 for MGS4 alone. :)

Majin said:
Thats a bit different..

You are wrong Sony has been fucking everyone just as much as EA has or ever will. Planetside, Star Wars Galaxies, EQ, EQ2, and the list goes on for some copy and paste lackluster games that they charge extra for content on.

If people actually read that link or the guys actual rant he wasn't saying how much the PS3 sucks as much as he he was saying that it's nonexistant and more of Sony as a company is a piece of shit :).

Oh and PS2 didn't pop out any titles out their respective companies did which is why Sony is still ahead with the ps2 because they fucked us by cornering the people making these games into binding contracts.

Everyone here is complaining about typo's as if that actually has any bearing on whether or not the guy is for real. Personally, I could care less what some guy claims to know. He sort of debunked any argument he made when he said a very valid point... "Where is PS3?" That is the biggest problem for Sony right now, I could care less which console has more power or might eventually have better games. Right now it seems like Sony is a bit late of their target for the PS3. I would have expected them to have a working design by now so that they could ramp up production and have enough units by the time they launch the console.

I predict that the PS3 will be launching in Japan in Summer, and NA around November.....a bit later than they wanted.

ZX6Master said:
Anyone with respect for the industry would like to see them go. They have done the least of the three companies to advance the industry.

I needed that laugh after tonight's playoff games. Thanks!

"I’ve spent some time the past year developing for the PS3. Actually it was a cinematic demo to be shown at e3 in 2005 at a closed door viewing."

So this cached post was made before e3 of 2005 aka, 2004 or early 2005.

By the time we hit the next e3 it will have been a full year since this guy made this post.

Let's look at a relative timeline. Since the ps3 is being released ~a year after the xbox 360, everything relating to development should be lagging by a year. Comparing the XBox 360's development status to the ps3's side by side, would be like trying to compare the XBox 360 to a ps3 right now. That is, I could complain that the ps3 has 0 titles out while the XBox 360 has a dozen or so. That's not a smart complaint seeing that the ps3 SHOULDN'T have any titles out yet (it isn't for sale).

Furthermore, he's comparing his "just get the title out the door" project to Gears of War? He's probably working on some port title (quake 4, Gun?) that looks exactly like they do on the PC (in the case of quake 4, worse).

To be honest, you could compare any of the current titles available for the 360 to Gears of War and say the same thing (that they aren't even in the same league).

So taking everything this guy says as absolute truth, it still doesn't mean the ps3 won't be able to do what they claim it will do.

lol this is funny. ATI powers the xbox360, while Nvidia the PS3. Whats a !!!!!! to do :p

*!!!!!!* Sony MUST DIE!!! But ATI is the DEVIL!!! *head pops*

Competition is good.

PS. I don't like Sony lieing to me, but both company's have. So I play them for myself before buying.

Don't demonize Sony and praise MS and Nintendo. All three have done some rather unsavory things. Nintendo used to be THE bully in the video game world. If anyone disagreed in the slightest with them, they were out, either by Nintendo changing plans and partnerships on the turn of a dime (ending a timely and costly R&D partnership with Sony for the ill-fated optical disc add-on/successor to the SNES) or by suing their ass out of business (Tengen, back in the NES days, was probably the most famous incident) or just making developer unfriendly hardware (GC's first dev kit made PS2's first dev kit look not so bad, N64's cartridges were absurdly expensive and constrictive for developers/distributors). It wasn't until Nintendo became the underdog that they were idealized.

Neurofreeze said:
Don't demonize Sony and praise MS and Nintendo. All three have done some rather unsavory things. Nintendo used to be THE bully in the video game world. If anyone disagreed in the slightest with them, they were out, either by Nintendo changing plans and partnerships on the turn of a dime (ending a timely and costly R&D partnership with Sony for the ill-fated optical disc add-on/successor to the SNES) or by suing their ass out of business (Tengen, back in the NES days, was probably the most famous incident) or just making developer unfriendly hardware (GC's first dev kit made PS2's first dev kit look not so bad, N64's cartridges were absurdly expensive and constrictive for developers/distributors). It wasn't until Nintendo became the underdog that they were idealized.

Yea, they became idealized becasue they release good games on a consistent basis.

Shadow27 said:
lol this is funny. ATI powers the xbox360, while Nvidia the PS3. Whats a !!!!!! to do :p

*!!!!!!* Sony MUST DIE!!! But ATI is the DEVIL!!! *head pops*

Competition is good.

PS. I don't like Sony lieing to me, but both company's have. So I play them for myself before buying.

The only company lying about anything is Sony, there isnt anything i can think of that Microsoft have lied about regarding the Xbox 360. But then again, Microsoft have screwed Australia badly with the Xbox 360 so i have a mutual hate for both of them.

But in the general scheme of things it does look like Xbox 360 is the goods while Ps3 isnt sounding as good.

I think alot of people like Nintendo because they set alot of bars or standards for games or ways to game look at NES and SNES games for example. Nintendo has done some very restrictive and controlling things much like alot of companies so they aren't an angel. Sony's big problem is they have their hands in many cookie jars at once which they tend to flail and even fail in one aspect and let it carryover into another. MS well plenty of people hate MS look at the Linux !!!!!!s. MS has windows and office and let me say it's great it works and does what it was intended to do which is why they own over 80% of the market in the world hehe. MS does do shady questionable things yes. They have made a great console very feature rich and the live system is the best IMO. I think the PS2 failed on a hardware level xbox had the right tools pretty much from the get go and the PS2 showed Sony's lack of vision the games saved it as well as the ps1.

This is about consoles though so the point being that MS makes a better console with better features and Nintendo makes the best games since NES for replay value and overall satisfaction. Nintendo seems to innovate odd concepts while MS adds functionality and features. Sony adds nothing really besides smothering some developers with exclusive contracts the only real contribution is the PS1.

Buy whichever you want or all of them but there is no reason to buy all of them you shouldn't have to but the thing is nowadays it's not about the console it's about who legally binds certain devs and games to their console only.

I made a post a while back where I predicted that the PS3 will be Sony's downfall. And the whole reason behind it was that the PS3 is just to damn complicated a piece of hardware to code for.

It may very well be the most powerful console ever designed. But every other day info gets leaked about how games are taking to long to code for, theres to many bugs and apparently Sony is having a hell of a time getting things to work. If the rumors are true Microsoft will be releasing games at a 3-1 rate over Sony. If it is costing developers millions of extra dollars due to development length and complexity they will also lose Exclusive titles to other console makers.

And on top of all that one would think that Sony would be doing something, anything to try and keep some hype up about there console. A demo, some videos, some demonstrations, Anything, something. But there no where in sight. The only news anyone is getting is bad news, whether it's true or not.

If this console turns out to be as expensive as everyone is predicting, is as hard to code for as everyone is saying, then Sony's got more to worry about then Blu-ray. They will launch with a absolute dearth of Software titles with release dates so far apart that there customers will lose interest.

The PS3 may simply be to far ahead of it's time. other consoles have failed before due to that. Reguardless though all the rumors and speculation will either be proved or disproved very shortly.

Terpfen said:
I needed that laugh after tonight's playoff games. Thanks!

I've always heard that ignorance is bliss, so I'm not surprised that you would be happy.

Gaming didn't become mainstream because of Sony. It became mainstream because of Final Fantasy 7. They just happened to be the lucky company to get the franchise; if it had happened on the Saturn, the industry would've exploded in the same way. FF7 could've happened a generation later on the Dreamcast and would have still had the same impact.

peacetilence said:
Agreed, what a joke. As if Microsoft is any better than Sony for releasing quality products. Yeah, that old trusty mom and pop orginization MS, they sure know how to release quality products at a bargain price :p

The difference between Microsoft and Sony is that Microsoft's hardware revisions actually help alleviate the problems. Then there are little things like Xbox Live, an impressive working relationship developers and kit documentation that is easy to follow, and standardizing certain features/peripherals that have helped the industry out in several key ways.

eblislyge said:
I made a post a while back where I predicted that the PS3 will be Sony's downfall. And the whole reason behind it was that the PS3 is just to damn complicated a piece of hardware to code for.

It may very well be the most powerful console ever designed. But every other day info gets leaked about how games are taking to long to code for, theres to many bugs and apparently Sony is having a hell of a time getting things to work. If the rumors are true Microsoft will be releasing games at a 3-1 rate over Sony. If it is costing developers millions of extra dollars due to development length and complexity they will also lose Exclusive titles to other console makers.

And on top of all that one would think that Sony would be doing something, anything to try and keep some hype up about there console. A demo, some videos, some demonstrations, Anything, something. But there no where in sight. The only news anyone is getting is bad news, whether it's true or not.

If this console turns out to be as expensive as everyone is predicting, is as hard to code for as everyone is saying, then Sony's got more to worry about then Blu-ray. They will launch with a absolute dearth of Software titles with release dates so far apart that there customers will lose interest.

The PS3 may simply be to far ahead of it's time. other consoles have failed before due to that. Reguardless though all the rumors and speculation will either be proved or disproved very shortly.

Well said!

Luke_Skywalker said:
Threads like these make me realize how many people really have no clue what they are talking about and even look worse when trying to preach their delusional and biased views. It's really really sickening.

Guess People won't be buying a Ps3 because google cache has saved the story that a mysterious and unamed "Sony artist tells us that the Xbox 360 is better than the PS3" Well thank go for that sony artist for telling us this, now we won't have to worry about buying PS3s anymore.

No, Sony has a well documented history of complacency and lying.

Sony = ATi

no sony is sony, and doesn't even compare to ATI in any form or faction

QFT

Both those companies need to shape up.

i don't see why we are comparing one of the leading electronics company to computer hardware apparel company

and i'm interested to hear why ATI needs to shape up, seeing as it looks like they've done really well in the past few years...

Trimlock said:
no sony is sony, and doesn't even compare to ATI in any form or faction

i don't see why we are comparing one of the leading electronics company to computer hardware apparel company

and i'm interested to hear why ATI needs to shape up, seeing as it looks like they've done really well in the past few years...

Comparing Sony to ATI is bad considering I actually like some of ATI's offerings but I could not help taking a stab at ATI :p.

I think the article is the rant of a disgruntle employee or a person who works for Microsoft. ;)

I don't think Sony is going anywhere with the Playstation line of gaming consoles, but I think Sony as whole should look at themselves and rethinking their stance of the DRM. I think that is why Sony has such a negative image and it is much deserving so. I just wonder how many other companies out there that do the same thing as Sony? :mad:

Back