ps3 jailbreak

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ampsonic

Gawd
All the info on the ps3 jailbreak out there is a cluster.

Are we at the point where we can run NES, SNES, n64 emulators? If so, is there a good guide?

If you are asking for a guide to install homebrew you have no business messing with your PS3.

NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy Color, and Gameboy Advance Emulators are out, along with some arcade emulators.

Rule 1: You don't talk about the PSX scene.

Along with being banned from PSN I'd also suggest this Arstechnica article.

Not that it has been verified but it would be easy to do nonetheles.

I'm kind of in the same boat, I would like to get some emulators up and running on the thing, but I haven't seen that they're well-polished with decent GUIs, etc enough yet to bother. I can use the Wii for this stuff but the Wii doesn't have enough RAM for some MAME stuff (like my favorite sidescrollers - D&D Tower of Doom / Shadow over Mystara. If only they would re-release....sigh...never got a real U.S. console port...)

I don't care about PSN, I only have 2 PS3 games anyway, and they're both un-opened. I use the thing for BD, PS2 and PS1. I use the xbox for online gaming.

If you are asking for a guide to install homebrew you have no business messing with your PS3.

WTF are you talking about? That's a perfectly valid question, it's not like he asked how to plug in his television you condescending twat.

OP, I don't have a guide I can point you to, but there are some floating around out there if you look hard enough. Have you tried visiting the psx-scene forums? There is a lot of useful information on there.

WTF are you talking about? That's a perfectly valid question, it's not like he asked how to plug in his television you condescending twat.

I read it like I think you've read it first of all and thought 'wtf?' but I think he means that if you can't find out the info by yourself with a simple Google search then you'll be useless at being able to hack it....or summat like that :D

OP, I don't have a guide I can point you to, but there are some floating around out there if you look hard enough. Have you tried visiting the psx-scene forums? There is a lot of useful information on there.

Capture.jpg

I read it like I think you've read it first of all and thought 'wtf?' but I think he means that if you can't find out the info by yourself with a simple Google search then you'll be useless at being able to hack it....or summat like that :D

Pretty much. Not to mention that at the moment PS3 homebrew and CFW is a huge grey area in terms of legality.

Pretty much. Not to mention that at the moment PS3 homebrew and CFW is a huge grey area in terms of legality.
:rolleyes:
00cool%20story%20bro.jpg

To the original posters check psx-scene.com forums they have tons of tutorials on emulators and there current state.

Sony is closing the gap on that grey area as we speak.

How closely have you been following the news? Sony doesn't have a leg to stand on. This is no different than iphone jailbreaking, witch was found legal under fair use. A closed system is a closed system is a closed system. This is no different. That, and they have been illegally spying on and collecting data on their users with PSN. Storing all kinds of shit they're not supposed to.

Read this:
http://ps3crunch.com/psn-phone-home-raises-significant-legal-concerns.html
Also this:
http://ps3crunch.com/beware-credit-card-info-sony-psn-hacked.html

How closely have you been following the news? Sony doesn't have a leg to stand on. This is no different than iphone jailbreaking, witch was found legal under fair use. A closed system is a closed system is a closed system. This is no different. That, and they have been illegally spying on and collecting data on their users with PSN. Storing all kinds of shit they're not supposed to.

Read this:
http://ps3crunch.com/psn-phone-home-raises-significant-legal-concerns.html
Also this:
http://ps3crunch.com/beware-credit-card-info-sony-psn-hacked.html

gives me a very uneasy feeling....

As for the OP (me) being an idiot for not googling, have you tried goolging ps3 jailbreak? it's a mess of results about USB hacks and such.

Checking out psx-scene.com, thanks!

ps3 jailbreaking is a legitimate topic, but this has gone way off-topic into retarded memes and spam posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back