Ps3 in my hands

BlckRaven

Limp Gawd
I dream when I can hold this.

To be frank, I dont give 2 shit what it looks like, when the box is cranking out games that looks this HOT. it could look like a toilet bowl, a boomrang/dildo like how the controller does, in the end... I want one.

I called this one over a year ago, most at [H] laughed at me, I did not blame them, cuz they did not want to believe the hype of cells, and u know what, it has blown me away.

everyones reaction is are these shots realtime, lol ! go ahead, I too love my pc but u know what, what most are failing to understand yet, are physics. this thing is a beast. you see realstic water waves, caustics(how light acts when it hits water) , smoke, clouds, wind simulation. wake up !! as I stated 1 year ago, this is the hottest thing coming. mind u at all at 1920x1080 x 2 ..go ahead flame this post...be a pc fan, I am too. just see the advancements made that all. Give props to them Ibm, sony, toshiba and heck Nvidia.

heavenly-sword-20050516074026605.jpg

killzone-next-gen-20050516075937991.jpg

Im so impressed with the PS3 I will be importing one from Japan as soon as they go on sale there.

Also will be buying an HDTV

And wow those screenshots are amazing.

Got to check out heavenly sword I havent heard of it till you posted the screenshot. Always enjoyed epic battles. Killzone looks very good to. Extremely action packed.

I am not laughing, but I do have my reservations. Honestly, I WANT these videos to be real. Very much so, but there are just some elements in there that I can honeslty not fathom being executed real time. Look at the depth of field effect in Heavenly Sword (top screen). I know HL2 can pull these effects, but that is intense, with a scene that complex.

Looking closer at some Killzone2 screens, there is a generous amount of motion blur. Not the ghetto kind you see in racing games, but believable motion blur, where objects in motion are blurred, not just the entire scene.

I am extremely skeptical, but I will be the first to say, "you were right" if these videos turn out to be legitimate real-time. EVEN IF it is real-time only during cut-scenes. I can't imagine gameplay being that far off. If it isn't... well, sucks for all of us, so I'm not about to rub it in.

I'll fly too tokyo and wait in line overnight, hire some bums to wait in line too. fedex as many units I can get to usa then ebay....lol
Michael.R said:
Im so impressed with the PS3 I will be importing one from Japan as soon as they go on sale there.

Also will be buying an HDTV

And wow those screenshots are amazing.

Got to check out heavenly sword I havent heard of it till you posted the screenshot. Always enjoyed epic battles. Killzone looks very good to. Extremely action packed.

I am holding on to my reservations. These are still beyond impressive screens for me to just accept. I would rather be plesantly (understandment) suprised, than supremely disappointed.

Didn't Epic say that only the Unreal demonstration was running realtime?

That's the info I got in my killzone thread. I am more inclined to believe that, than I am these screens. Right now it looks like a case of TGTBT. Chances are these ARE renders which devs and Sony are touting as "real-time" which translates to "expect this much, but don't get this much". Still, here's hoping, as doubtful as I am.

I wont get a PS3 until a Final Fantasy is released for it. Since thats all I use playstation and PS2 for anyway.

Ive been a PC Gamer for a long time and I am thinking of getting the PS3 and maybe the Revolution. But I need to save for a HDTV.

I used to play consoles from Coleco, Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, Sega 32, Atari Panther or was it Tiger (was it from an animal). Atari blew it big time and I decided to put all my money onto PC Games.

But now that I am older and think it would be cool to have games played on a HDTV entertainment system with the PC being regulated to my bedroom or something.

I believe Unreal 3 was the only truly "real time" demo... but I could be wrong. The other games they showed most certainly looked like pre-renders... much like everything that was shown for the X360.

You people believe Sony way too easily. Remember how the PS2 was going to give you Toy Story 2 in realtime?

steviep said:
You people believe Sony way too easily. Remember how the PS2 was going to give you Toy Story 2 in realtime?

It did..

Toy Story 2 looked like shit... PS2 looked like shit. :p jk <3 PS2

USMC2Hard4U said:
I wont get a PS3 until a Final Fantasy is released for it. Since thats all I use playstation and PS2 for anyway.
You should sell both, then you can play all your games on one console.

Those screenshots are not that great. They look like modern PC titles, at best. As for HDTV, I play most of my games at either 1080i or 720p on my widescreen HD and have for a year now. Honestly, this stuff is certaintly nothing new or special (or "revolution"ary)

The first game looks like shit. Motion blur up the ass to cover a lack of processing power? Sounds like a Sony "innovation".

USMC2Hard4U said:

You may have to wait a while, as Final Fantasy XI is being released for the XBOX 360.

Back