PS3 "in game" movie

that be trailer Arrrr matey.

At eb on the gay little Eb Tv thing there is Ingame videos from Saints row for 360 and its amazing looking. And the new XBOX magazine has like a 10 minute call of duty ingame movie. Shows the guys running up the beach. Theres about 100 people on the screen with gun fire and mortars..its amazing.

i know ill fall for it now, but then ill buy the ps3 and be like WTF the graphics are crap!

Heh wow. Not only is this movie very old (because it was available durning E3) but it's not even in game.

How come I keep hearing developers hating to code games for the PS3 ?

That could be why it's so hard to find any actual game footages for any games on this console.. people are probably on strike or something.

Unit-0 said:
I come I keep hearing developers hating to code games for the PS3 ?

That could be why it's so hard to find any actual game footages for any games on this console.. people are probably on strike or something.

In an interview gabe newell of valve said that the PS3 is amazingly difficult to write code for. It's all multi-threaded and some other crap. He said sony wants people to develop games using their multi-thred architechture or whatever it is, because it would be next to impossible for any other platform to run that code. something like that. Gabe was bitching because he said one small change that you can do to normal code will mess up the entire program with this multi-thread stuff. He says only the most veteran programmers will be able to make games on it without too many screw ups.

if MS was smart they would take a loss and buy into Square/Enix.. Market would follow.

Komataguri said:
Um..Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't XBox 360 also multithreadded?
I don't believe so. The PS3 contains 4,000 separate processors (give or take) which all need their own special threads.

Komataguri said:
Um..Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't XBox 360 also multithreadded?

Yes, but in a different sense. Its a 3 core processor, 2 threads per core.

And yes, the Xbox did win this generation as PS2 simply cannot compare. Graphics, and xbox live is where it wins.

Looks very cool.

If this is real, we have yet to see anything from X2 that impressive. Maybe Rallisport 3?

junehhan said:
Yes, but in a different sense. Its a 3 core processor, 2 threads per core.

And yes, the Xbox did win this generation as PS2 simply cannot compare. Graphics, and xbox live is where it wins.
I'd rather have lower quality graphics and more good games in many genres and good games out of asia. Online gaming is fine on both systems and free on the ps2. Yes xbox live is great, but what do people play "halo" oh wow. Online gaming isn't that great anyway, xbox live has trouble keeping cheaters out. Forza is my favorite game on xbox and thats about it.

Eh,ok so there's "no way" of knowing that that is not in-game footage....but it's just not ;)

That defidently won't happen. Think about it. Weren't games released for every consoles when they came out look amazing, and "next generation?" The graphics will impress, but please, please, do not dish out bucks on something because of the graphics. You can give me the crappiest looking game ever, but if it's fun, i'll play it.

fodder0 said:
i know ill fall for it now, but then ill buy the ps3 and be like WTF the graphics are crap!

You can turn the hud off of almost every game. And, The Getaway had no HUD either, but everything was understandable.

pr0pensity said:
There's no HUD.

I wouldnt be to suprised if we do see some PS3 games looking that good a few years down the line.

Has anyone seen killzone? The PS2 version. I just started playing that game yesterday and I was absolutley blown away by what the PS2 could deliver in graphics performance. Even the sound was great and the game fealt very much like I was in a war zone. Sure the game could have been much much better, there were a few things holding it back. But that isnt the thing im trying to get across here. What im trying to say is look at what the PS2 produced and look at its hardware specs. Now compare those hardware specs to the PS3.

The developers just have to learn how to best use what is given to them. The killzone developers developed a multi layer graphics system that worked very well and produced stunning visuals for the hardware specs it ran on.

Also John Carmack made Mario run on a PC which were considered very slow at the time. Basically if the programmers are talented enough and dedicated enough I have no doubt that they will be able to produce visuals nearly as good as in that video or even the killzone 2 video. Granted not everyone is a John Carmack but maybee this will open some developers eyes as to who they hire. People with CS, or software engineering degrees will probably become more comman in the game industry. We might even see some people with Master degrees.

Sigh here we go again

The Ea Fight Night Dev team said the video they showed is the quality you will get on the final Product. + It will look the same both on the Xbox 360 and the PS3
Obviously BOTH are powerhorses. now everyone kindly STFU with the "OMG THATS BULLSHIT IT'S GONNA LOOK LIKE 2D PONG I KNOW IT" thing

Ruffy said:
Sigh here we go again

The Ea Fight Night Dev team said the video they showed is the quality you will get on the final Product. + It will look the same both on the Xbox 360 and the PS3
Obviously BOTH are powerhorses. now everyone kindly STFU with the "OMG THATS BULLSHIT IT'S GONNA LOOK LIKE 2D PONG I KNOW IT" thing

Thats very good that that is the quality we will get with the final product now imagine in 3-4 years.

"If today's trailer is any indication whatsoever of what Evolution is shooting for in the finished game"

Taken from the Gamespot "Impressions" of the TRAILER. It is obviously a prerendered movie of what Evolution would LIKE to make the game look like. They didn't even try to pass it off as an in game movie :rolleyes: . But of course playstation fanatics are trying to latch onto anything they can claim is not prerendered....which right now is mighty slim pickings.

Back