PS3 Firmware 3.40 Online (PSN+ Support)

Ocellaris

Fully [H]
new ps3 firmware is live. my download is chilling at 1%... :(
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Looking at PSN+ features, I don't see anything enticing. Is more planned for PSN+? There are two things that would get me to pay for it:

1) Hulu included with sub
2) Netflix on the XMB

I'll be signing up as soon as I get home, I spend loads on psn games and dlc so the discounts will easily pay for my yearly membership.

Will download this tonight after work. The only thing as of now that would get me to sign up for PSN+ would be a big enough discount on the Store. I do buy a lot of PSN games and the occasional bit of DLC.

Other than that the service seems pretty lame still and I'll probably just stick with the free version.

I updated and scolling the xmb seem so much smoother but that is it other than the PSN+ stuff

The PlayStation®3 system software version 3.40 update includes the following:
PlayStation®Plus subscription service
The PlayStation®Plus subscription service package is now included on PlayStation®Network.
> See details
PlayStation®Network area of Photo Gallery
[PlayStation®Network Area] has been added under (Photo Gallery). You can now use Photo Gallery to browse photos from Facebook® or Picasa™ Web Albums. You can also share photos from Photo Gallery with your Friends in PlayStation®Network. > See details

Video Editor & Uploader
Using the video editing and uploading feature, you can now edit video content that is saved on your PS3™ system's hard disk and upload it to Facebook or YouTube™. > See details

Facebook® is a service that helps you connect and share with the people in your life. Facebook is a registered trademark of Facebook, Inc.
YouTube and Picasa™ Web Albums are trademarks of Google Inc.
Other new or revised features in version 3.40
Settings
[Deep Color Output (HDMI)] has been added as an option under (Display Settings).
[Automatic Download] has been added as a feature under (System Settings). This feature is exclusively for use by PlayStation®Plus members. > See details
The default setting for [System Auto-Off] under (Power Save Settings) has been changed to [After 2 Hours].
Photo
You can now print a photo in (Photo Gallery). > See details
You can now delete a photo in (Photo Gallery). > See details
Friends
You can now see the trophy level of a Friend by selecting the Friend's avatar.
Other
You can now use a five-star rating system to evaluate products that you purchased from PlayStation®Store.
The internal clock functionality that accounts for leap years has been improved.

You can update your system software by any of the following methods:
System Update
Update using the PS3™ system's [System Update] feature.
Update using a PC
Download update data using a PC and save on storage media* or a USB Mass Storage device. Copy the update data to the PS3™ system's hard disk drive and perform the update.
Update using disc media
Use the update data included on a game disc to perform the update.
*An appropriate USB adaptor (not included) is required to use storage media with some models of the PS3™ system.

http://us.playstation.com/support/systemupdates/ps3/index.htm

After years of offering a totally free online experience, Sony has announced an add-on subscription service to the PlayStation Network called PlayStation Plus.

All the current features of a standard PlayStation Network membership will continue uninterrupted; PlayStation Plus will work as a premium service, allowing PS3 owners early access to certain game demos, discounts, digital content, automatic updates, and other perks like the PlayStation lifestyle series Qore.

PlayStation Plus will cost $50 a year or $18 for three months. All content from PlayStation Plus is only usable during the length of the subscription, so users won't have access to it after that time period is up.

Plus will launch later this month and will allow PS3 owners a free three-month taste of the service.

http://reviews.cnet.com/8301-21539_7-20007808-10391702.html?tag=mncol;txt

Nothing good as a bonus right now, I guess I'll wait to see what new stuff they will give out for plus members. And remember to turn off auto renewal, if you don't want to keep charging after 3 months.

I signed up last night, Age of zombies looks like It might get alot of my time.
Heres hoping that sony keeps adding features and freebies.

Nothing good as a bonus right now, I guess I'll wait to see what new stuff they will give out for plus members. And remember to turn off auto renewal, if you don't want to keep charging after 3 months.

Yeah this launch was terrible. They really should have put up something compelling for new PSN+ members. I was ready to sign up day one, browsed through the current PSN+ benefits, and lost all interest for now.

i signed up, if your a eu us you get a pretty good deal:
little big planet full download
wipeout hd
age of zombies
destruction derby
killzone 2 map packs
warhawk map pack
some dynamic themes
discounts on other games/dlc
etc etc

you get your first years subscription paid off in games straight away lol, my only problem was that i already had the killzone and warhawk map packs....bummer but still chuffed!

not looked at the rest of the stuff yet

Downloaded the firmware, signed up for PS+ and downloaded Joe Danger.

Joe Danger is awesome, the rest is meh... for now.

So, $15 well spent and $50 dollars, well, spent.

signed up for +. Didnt get anything. Where is the LPB download? All i saw was some freebies of shit i already own and a 29.99 infamous with no discount.

I signed up for it just for the hell of it...and for the special free 3 months.
Doesn't seem like much so far, but I did like the free theme. The Infamous download's a cool idea and I'd like to see that concept get fleshed out more. Interesting idea. I justified it considering I've dropped $50 at a random bar and came away with nothing...and this lasts a year :p

signed up for +. Didnt get anything. Where is the LPB download? All i saw was some freebies of shit i already own and a 29.99 infamous with no discount.

lbp is only for eu customers.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

I signed up for it just for the hell of it...and for the special free 3 months.
Doesn't seem like much so far, but I did like the free theme. The Infamous download's a cool idea and I'd like to see that concept get fleshed out more. Interesting idea. I justified it considering I've dropped $50 at a random bar and came away with nothing...and this lasts a year :p

Yeah, I know people have an issue with paying for it but I look at it this way. I just spent 25 on a bottle of vodka that will last me like 3 days. Like you said, this is for a year. and they give you free games as well.
Im curious, if you buy psn+ under american account and switch to a eu account, can you get the eu stuff to. I still haven't seen if it psn for whole system or just for user id like xbox. I know ive missed that somewhere. I assume its just linked to one user id

Back