PS3 Firmware 1.90 Info

Sorry my work blocks that site, what are list of features added with this update?

So your saying PS2 games will look even better? :confused:

:eek:

• Ability to rearrange games on the XMB
• Option menu now includes "eject disk"
• Press triangle to eject games/CDs/movies in the XMB
• XMB backgrounds
• Change the folder classification
• Emoticons
• Change CD output to 44.1/88.2/176.4kHz
• Force 24Hz output for Blu-ray over HDMI
• Change PS3 video settings in-game
• "Bit Mapping" in the "Music Setting"
• Save AVCHD type animations from a Memory Stick
• Change settings like upscaling while playing PS and PS2 games
• Add bookmarks
• Web browser security function in the browser's tool section
• Avatar moves during audio visual chat

Damn, and this was already released or soon to be released? See I have no internet at home, so I got to mooch off my friends for the time being. :)

Some of those features were needed badly. I've really wanted to re-arrange my Games Icons on the XBM and never understood why I couldn’t.

Backgrounds... alright, or at least let me change the color of the background and not let it change depending on the month that it is.

I wonder how that "Press Triangle to eject CD's/Movies/Games" is going to work out on the XBM. I thought right now Triangle brings up "options"... maybe within the options there will be an Eject

firmware updates FTW :D

It's been released.
I like that I don't have to connect the USB cable to update it anymore.
Now the only reason I have to get up is to switch BD/DVD/CDs (you can eject it via the PS menu). :p

It's been released.
I like that I don't have to connect the USB cable to update it anymore.
Now the only reason I have to get up is to switch BD/DVD/CDs (you can eject it via the PS menu). :p

straight i guess, i cant really see a reason for it....you still gotta get up and go to the system to switch the discs, i heard someone say in some post somewhere he wanted to eject it so it will automatical go to flow to listen to the mellow sounds of it, but in the time it takes you to hit triangle and scroll to the eject options you could just hit the down button onces and be on top of flow...

anyone see a use of the new option?

Pretty good update all around...stayed up late just to get it:) Cheers

A lot of people don't use the eject button on high end hi-fi so that all the button movements stay crisp.

However with the PS3 not having a button I haven't got a f'ing clue lol

straight i guess, i cant really see a reason for it....you still gotta get up and go to the system to switch the discs, i heard someone say in some post somewhere he wanted to eject it so it will automatical go to flow to listen to the mellow sounds of it, but in the time it takes you to hit triangle and scroll to the eject options you could just hit the down button onces and be on top of flow...

I use it :)

I use it a lot more on the BT remote, just having the eject button there to press allowing me to "end movie right away and have it eject" as I'm walking over to it. So I guess if I were to not have the remote I would do it this way. Even while watching a movie I'm sure you can still press triangle and then select eject to end movie and have it popped out before you’re even next to your PS3, less wait time :)

I'll have to grab the update on Thursday, along with Super StarCrack HD :D

However with the PS3 not having a button I haven't got a f'ing clue lol

Some people are anal about the appearance of the PS3, so not having finger prints on it from ejecting discs is appealing. That's all I can come up with.

The PS3 does show fingerprints pretty badly, so I can understand that. I'm not a total fanatic for appearances (for instance you can see my wires) but I can see that being an issue for some people.

Change upscaling while ingame ps2 makes me happy :D . Now i can see which games make a difference.

Does this only apply to the 20 and 80GB versions with software for backwards capability or does it also work for the 60GB's Emotion Engine?

The hardware-backwards compatible 60GB models can upscale, too...at least from the main menu they can. I'd assume this would still apply to this update.

PS3 on, update installed, PS3 off again. Cya next update. :p

Want to sell it? My brother wants one since he has been playing with my PS3 whenever I am not using it(which is when I am not here). Sorry that its collecting dust, we will make sure it goes to go use. :)

Back