2[H]4U
http://ps3.ign.com/articles/730/730101p1.html
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748455/imgs_1.html
-confirmed for launch (window?)
-exclusive ps3 gameplay features:
--- -first person mode called "Get In the Ring"
--- -new damage system that wasn't present in the Xbox 360 version
-EA Canada is handling this version not EA Chicago
-ESPN Integration feature (seen in NBA Live 07) will also appear on the PS3 version (which will include constant updates, news, podcasts, and ESPN motion from ESPN)

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060901065538374.jpg

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060901065539484.jpg

ea-sports-fight-night-round-3-20060901065537234.jpg

http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...rts-fight-night-round-3-20060901065534953.jpg
http://ps3media.ign.com/ps3/image/a...rts-fight-night-round-3-20060901065536140.jpg

boxers look better than xbox360
background looks worse.

I'll believe it when I see it though. The GPU and CPU is not much faster if at all now (especially since they reduced to 7cores) If anything the Xbox 360 could do the exact same thing if they programed for it.

For some odd reason, that last picture reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons that makes fun of Harry Potter where Bart and Lisa are in magician's school, and they have to turn a frog into a prince, and Bart's frog turns out to be some unholy creation that begs Bart to kill him.

Oh, I've figured out why the picture reminds me of that episode: because the boxer looks like total ass. You can add all the sweat and hair textures in the world, it's still going to look retarded if you can't get the modelling right. And if you're going to release obviously post-processed images to hype up your currently vaporware system, perhaps you should make those images more impressive.

finalgt said:
For some odd reason, that last picture reminds me of the episode of the Simpsons that makes fun of Harry Potter where Bart and Lisa are in magician's school, and they have to turn a frog into a prince, and Bart's frog turns out to be some unholy creation that begs Bart to kill him.

Oh, I've figured out why the picture reminds me of that episode: because the boxer looks like total ass. You can add all the sweat and hair textures in the world, it's still going to look retarded if you can't get the modelling right. And if you're going to release obviously post-processed images to hype up your currently vaporware system, perhaps you should make those images more impressive.
Looks 100% to me.
You can see the aliasing... if these pix were "post-processed", I would think they would try to "process" that right out, no?

I'm as big a fan of the Xbox 360 as anyone, but those do look a bit better than the Xbox 360 version to me (though next year's Xbox version might look like this).

randy5554 said:
I'm as big a fan of the Xbox 360 as anyone, but those do look a bit better than the Xbox 360 version to me (though next year's Xbox version might look like this).

That's because they've had an extra year to add more stuff to it.

If you read the article, the guy being interviewed says they added some graphical features. Facial expressions are better and now you can see tendon/muscle/vein movement.

He said part of the reason for this upgrades was the PS3's slightly better hardware, and partly because they've had another year to improve on the 360's version.

Also, this is not a launch title. The developer guy said this would be released after (months?) the launch just like with the 360.

But yeah, it does look pretty similar.

Chomp said:
Also, this is not a launch title. The developer guy said this would be released after (months?) the launch just like with the 360.
To clarify, you're right on the launch window part. But the official press announcement states holiday season. So sometime after launch, but before xmas.

Archaea said:
boxers look better than xbox360
background looks worse.

I'll believe it when I see it though. The GPU and CPU is not much faster if at all now (especially since they reduced to 7cores) If anything the Xbox 360 could do the exact same thing if they programed for it.

Yea really. Also I'm thinking of like the madden pics they showed for the 360 and what the game turned out to be. Games praphics were pretty good but nothing compaired to the screen shots they showed before it came out.

ps3 graphics = xbox360
companies are going to be lazy and not going to make one better than the other alright

maybe the p3's will look cleaner and sharper but that is it..

EA stated a LONG time ago that their games will be based on the 360 version. this is the same strat as they used for the last generation. games were based on the PS2 version, which is why the Xbox version of EA games never looked as good as they could.

im not saying the PS3 is capable of producing games that look better than the 360, im just saying that EA, in an effort to put games out at the same time, will cut those type of corners.

umcpgrad said:
companies are going to be lazy and not going to make one better than the other alright
The pics above seem to contridict with this. I fully expected EA to just push out a port of the orginal game with just some extra features. But seems they decided to add some graphical polish as well.

Bad_Boy said:
The pics above seem to contridict with this. I fully expected EA to just push out a port of the orginal game with just some extra features. But seems they decided to add some graphical polish as well.

If shinier people = graphical polish then I agree with you. To me though, shiny people = unrealistic. They already went too far with it on FNR3 for the 360 and it seems they went ape shit with those shots from the PS3. Aside from what appears to be slightly more detailed textures on the fighters I really dont see much graphical difference at all between the 360 version and the PS3. Hopefully where the PS3 will be able to improve upon is all the clipping issues that the 360 had. I could care less if the boxer has an extra 12,000 polys, if he stills falls through the ropes and gets the same cut every single time it doesn't matter to me.

well seems textures, lighting, and sweat look like improvements to me. And the sweat doesnt look overdone in the Ali picture. Overall the lighting gives it a much more realistic feeling imo, though not photorealistic by far but the different tones do help. I agree with you though, I hope the animation and clipping issues are addressed. I'm interested in seeing the first person view in motion, they noted several on screen effects that will be put into play which could end up being cool...or end up being annoying.

We shall see I suppose.

Bad_Boy said:
Pics mean nothing to me. I don't play the game with still images. I want to see a video of someone actually playing the game. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Steve_010 said:
Pics mean nothing to me. I don't play the game with still images. I want to see a video of someone actually playing the game. Am I the only one who feels this way?
No shit, but its the only guage for comparison we have right now. Of course we want to see the game being played. But that wasnt my point in my post you quoted.

Looks shinier I agree.
Nothing major about this version.
Ive been playing it for allmost a year now so whatever.

The first person thing can be a blast if they do it right. Case in point, Riddick.

shouldnt fight night 4 be coming out soon? this game is already almost year old.

why didnt they just skip the port and go for the gold?

damn.

that's pretty damn good, regardless of what system displays it better.

It looks great, but I think things are getting a little out of hand with the sweat. I'm not sure exactly how much fighters sweat in a fight, but I don't think it's even close to what appears to be gallons coming out of these guys.

This was the only game on 360 that really impressed me with its graphics. On top of that it was a really fun game. These PS3 screens look even better than the 360 screens so it should be a very good game.

The amount of "sweat" looks about right. You have to remember they are being wetted down between rounds so their bodies are usually completely wet from either sweat or water after a round or two.

I watch boxing, kick-boxing, and MMA...I know what happens between rounds. They don't dump a keg full of water on each fighter.

K600 said:
I watch boxing, kick-boxing, and MMA...I know what happens between rounds. They don't dump a keg full of water on each fighter.
A keg? You don't "dump" kegs...

In those pics they are "glowing" from the sweat. Very common. There are some larger beads of sweat down the chest. Also common.

No problem.

VoodooChi|d said:
A keg? You don't "dump" kegs...

In those pics they are "glowing" from the sweat. Very common. There are some larger beads of sweat down the chest. Also common.

No problem.

It was a joke, guy :rolleyes:

You can keep pretending that this is some significant upgrade if you want. In reality, it's a simple visual overhaul and isn't much more advanced than the previous version that came out seven months ago.

A bucket would have been a better liquid holding device to use in a joke. Kegs are closed top so you don't "dump" from them.

I never said it was anything more than a visual overhaul. I enjoyed playing the game and will enjoy it even more with better graphics. Nice try though.

Edit: I forgot about the First Person view... That should add a pretty interesting twist to the game.

Hey Voodoo, you can reply all day long to him...

He'll just repeat the same stuff over and over,
So in the end you're just losing your time here.

I don't know how bad boy is still around, but well... [H], [M], B3D...

holy jebus, and it's all the same :mad:

Sephiros said:
I don't know how bad boy is still around, but well... [H], [M], B3D...

holy jebus, and it's all the same :mad:
:p lol

hopefully nobody takes my name on the ps3 network either. ;)

Bad_Boy said:
:p lol

hopefully nobody takes my name on the ps3 network either. ;)

You and K600 will be remembered for your battles... lol
I lost my interest in posting and reading stuff here,

seriously, if someone posts things about the wii and x360 it's all good
But if you post something good about sony it's DA INFIDELLLL!!! KILL KILLZ!

no talk, only the same arguments over and over, and they have been stomped to death.

Nice day everyone...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back