ps3 external hdd

TBJ

Gawd
Would like to backup my 120 gig PS3 on an external harddrive, it would have to be USB(?) and I'd like another to use as movies/music. Any recommendations for reliable ones? Size doesn't matter as capacity is cheap.

You can buy a 320gig 5400rpm hard drive for $50 and then an enclosure and make your own hard drive.
That is what I do and find it better than buying premade ones.

Youll have to format it in fat because the PS3 can't read NTFS file systems (used by windows). A great tool to do this is the swiss army knife (I think it was that, it's pretty cheap), which can format a partition of the drive into the correct format. Windows can also do fat partitions, but only up to around 40gb (can't remember).

As for the drive, do the self made idea above, or get one of the hitachi externals.

Youll have to format it in fat because the PS3 can't read NTFS file systems (used by windows). A great tool to do this is the swiss army knife (I think it was that, it's pretty cheap), which can format a partition of the drive into the correct format. Windows can also do fat partitions, but only up to around 40gb (can't remember).

As for the drive, do the self made idea above, or get one of the hitachi externals.

I used a program called guiformat to make a 1tb fat32 external for mine.

Back